Assist please strategy and/or game play

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

RoosterDT #1 Posted 13 October 2020 - 04:08 AM

Corporal

• 6725 battles

Right new to the game as in playing a few month, never heard of the game till then, only now beginning to figure it out. Getting frustrated with constantly getting hit no matter what I do, so here's how it seems to work for me 8/10 times - 

Go solo and snipe, run into 7 tanks get smashed turret slows, engine slows I get sod all damage done to enemy 

Go with the pack, get hit by multiple tanks asap, get smashed turret slows, engine slows I get sod all damage done to enemy

Go as the second row in formation, get smashed turret slows, engine slows I get sod all damage done to enemy

Flank enemy, run into 2-4 tanks, get smashed turret slows, engine slows I get sod all damage done to enemy

Sit back wait, watch and see a opportunity, get smashed turret slows, engine slows I get sod all damage done to enemy

With the low profile tank like T62 try the pop up and shoot (supposedly easily with such type of tank) get smashed turret slows, engine slows I get sod all damage done to enemy

Take a heavy hitter and charge, get smashed turret slows, engine slows I get sod all damage done to enemy

No matter what type of tank (takes big hits, fast, low profile, strong turret at front, strong armor on side etc,) I get hit and wiped out....

Any tips for the following tanks - T95E6  -  T-62A  - AMX 50 120, my preferred tanks

My tanks mostly used are  - PZ III - Leopard V - Cromwell - T95E6  T-62A - SP I C - AMX 50 120 - FV301 - AMX 50 B - VK 28 01 - 121

RoosterDT #2 Posted 13 October 2020 - 04:45 AM

Corporal

• 6725 battles

Or the game is done in less than 2 minutes or 90 seconds cause the idiots do nothing which leaves me with 5 tanks on my a33, can't win...

would love some strategies or methods to using my tanks that can get me ore hits in soooo little time that I get...

Attached Files

• Attached File   BOT.jpg   71.13K

Sun_Tze #3 Posted 13 October 2020 - 05:09 AM

Sergeant

• 51608 battles
  • [RONIN]

Go to Youtube check out Bushka, Meadszs, Droodles and so on. they giver very usefull tips for beginners and pros, for every tank and map and so on.

Best way to learn from others experience.

JDBC567 #4 Posted 13 October 2020 - 05:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2163 battles
  • [13RT]

Since you're asking for advice on how not to die(correct me if I'm wrong), id suggest sticking to tier 5-6 or maybe 7. But no matter what, don't play beyond tier 7 until you're confident that you're playing properly.
Also, post a few replays(preferably YouTube) so that we can help you better.
Based on what you said, you're suffering from lack of map awareness.
You just have to analyze what you're doing wrong and don't do it again.
Learn the weakspots of tanks and ,learn your own tanks weakpoints.
Try playing these tank from your list- strv 74(for mediums),vk28.01(for lights) and research the t1 heavy(for heavy tank) and the stug 3g for tank destroyers
Play these tank till you learn how to play these tank classes. Ditch the 50b,fv301,t95E6,T62-A,AMX50 120 and 121 for now.
I cant help any more without replays.
Another suggestion-try platooning with an experienced player(experienced as in knows what they're doing...don't platoon with someone just on the basis of battle count.
Tank class tips and tricks-
LIGHT TANKS-
You dont have armour-at all. Never expect to bounce shots.
Your only ally is your speed.
In light tanks, dont always aim to do huge amounts of damage. A light tanks primary rule is to spot the enemies for your team and flanking opponents.
You have to avoid getting shot at all costs so use hard cover to peek out and shoot when the enemy tanks are not aiming at you.
Your camo rating is good so stay behind bushes(tip- stay just behind a bush till you spot an enemy tank then go backwards until the bush turns solid in sniper mode and then shoot the enemy tank)
Also,your viewrange is good so spot the enemy tank wothout getting spotted yourself
Always keep moving(unless you can shoot and spot enemies and youre not spotted yourself)
Your camo does not decrease when moving but almost dissapears while shooting
MEDIUM TANKS-
Good mobility
Medicore armour(generally)
Good viewrange
Good Guns
These tanks are like slightly better armoured lights with less speed and less viewrange/camo
some mediums like the t62-a have great turret armour and you can reliably go hull down.
For other mediums such as the cromwell, you dont have any armour but your gun is very very good.
Play them like light tanks but with a slight more emphasis on causing damage and slightly less spotting.
For armoured mediums, try and get intoa good hulldown position from where you can damage the red tanks.

If you decide to research tank destroyers and heavies,post another comment in this thread asking for someone to give you a heavy and TD guide.
You can search the forums for guides on the tanks youre playing to get ac accurate guide as this one is more of a generall overview of light and medium tank classes.
Please dont play higher tiers till you dont get the hang of playing low tiers or else youll have a really tough time improving.
And platton witha good player to learn more(imo this is the best way to learn)

It seems like i misunderstood you judging from your second comment.

Sorry for the wall of text...

You cant do anything about the bad teams...its just carry carry carry and hope that you are able to carry

Edited by JDBC567, 13 October 2020 - 05:36 AM.

Lord_Melchett #5 Posted 13 October 2020 - 06:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• 41272 battles
  • [1914]

I'm assuming that your original post contains a lot of hyperbole, and you are more experienced and better than your post implies.  If not, play lower tiers until you learn how to play with fewer mistakes - tier 9 and 10 are unforgiving if you make mistakes.

If you are dying early and often, then make your priority staying alive in the early exchanges, for example:

1. move to positions that allow you to avoid being spotted (tds in bushes behind the front line), or are near hard cover to allow you to retreat without being shot (or both).  Make this a habit.
  2. learn the maps so that you can do (1) more reliably
  3. wait for your camo to reset before coming out of cover to take a shot
  4. don't come out to shoot if there is a tank looking at you - i.e. make good trades only
  5. if you are in a bad spot or about to be pushed, relocate to a better spot
  6. don't yolo, ever
  7. use the strengths of your tank.  e.g. in a tank with a strong turret, move from hull down position to hull down position
  8. learn the maps so that you can do (7) more reliably
  9. Don't go out into the open unless you know there are no unspotted reds in the vicinity, or it is a calculated risk in the endgame (i.e. when taking a shot doesn't matter to the outcome).
  10. Never sit in the open unless it can't be avoided, in which case, angle and wiggle.

And finally, especially with the present skill level of players, play as if you can't rely on your team (because you can't).  Don't push in the expectation that your team will support you, because they won't.  Preserve your hit points as long as you can while still getting shots at the reds.  Control what you can control, which is your game.

RoosterDT #6 Posted 13 October 2020 - 07:07 AM

Corporal

• 6725 battles

View PostJDBC567, on 13 October 2020 - 05:34 AM, said:

Since you're asking for advice on how not to die(correct me if I'm wrong), id suggest sticking to tier 5-6 or maybe 7. But no matter what, don't play beyond tier 7 until you're confident that you're playing properly.
Also, post a few replays(preferably YouTube) so that we can help you better.
Based on what you said, you're suffering from lack of map awareness.
You just have to analyze what you're doing wrong and don't do it again.
Learn the weakspots of tanks and ,learn your own tanks weakpoints.
Try playing these tank from your list- strv 74(for mediums),vk28.01(for lights) and research the t1 heavy(for heavy tank) and the stug 3g for tank destroyers
Play these tank till you learn how to play these tank classes. Ditch the 50b,fv301,t95E6,T62-A,AMX50 120 and 121 for now.
I cant help any more without replays.
Another suggestion-try platooning with an experienced player(experienced as in knows what they're doing...don't platoon with someone just on the basis of battle count.
Tank class tips and tricks-
LIGHT TANKS-
You dont have armour-at all. Never expect to bounce shots.
Your only ally is your speed.
In light tanks, dont always aim to do huge amounts of damage. A light tanks primary rule is to spot the enemies for your team and flanking opponents.
You have to avoid getting shot at all costs so use hard cover to peek out and shoot when the enemy tanks are not aiming at you.
Your camo rating is good so stay behind bushes(tip- stay just behind a bush till you spot an enemy tank then go backwards until the bush turns solid in sniper mode and then shoot the enemy tank)
Also,your viewrange is good so spot the enemy tank wothout getting spotted yourself
Always keep moving(unless you can shoot and spot enemies and youre not spotted yourself)
Your camo does not decrease when moving but almost dissapears while shooting
MEDIUM TANKS-
Good mobility
Medicore armour(generally)
Good viewrange
Good Guns
These tanks are like slightly better armoured lights with less speed and less viewrange/camo
some mediums like the t62-a have great turret armour and you can reliably go hull down.
For other mediums such as the cromwell, you dont have any armour but your gun is very very good.
Play them like light tanks but with a slight more emphasis on causing damage and slightly less spotting.
For armoured mediums, try and get intoa good hulldown position from where you can damage the red tanks.

If you decide to research tank destroyers and heavies,post another comment in this thread asking for someone to give you a heavy and TD guide.
You can search the forums for guides on the tanks youre playing to get ac accurate guide as this one is more of a generall overview of light and medium tank classes.
Please dont play higher tiers till you dont get the hang of playing low tiers or else youll have a really tough time improving.
And platton witha good player to learn more(imo this is the best way to learn)

It seems like i misunderstood you judging from your second comment.

Sorry for the wall of text...

You cant do anything about the bad teams...its just carry carry carry and hope that you are able to carry

Thanks for the feed back mate - 

tried it all but its a case of knowing the week points but not getting there, knowing the map and the strong, week points etc but not getting there or a superior tank enemy already there and gets me, i did very well in tiers 3,4,5,6,7 and 8 but then it all went to &*&*. The thing I'll try is revert back to those lower tiers and try and improve.

Good feed back mate, guess i'll go back a bit and see how to improve

Though I have to ask the open ended question, if everyone can get these higher damage every time, how are there any looser in any game lol.

RoosterDT #7 Posted 13 October 2020 - 07:10 AM

Corporal

• 6725 battles

View PostLord_Melchett, on 13 October 2020 - 06:50 AM, said:

I'm assuming that your original post contains a lot of hyperbole, and you are more experienced and better than your post implies.  If not, play lower tiers until you learn how to play with fewer mistakes - tier 9 and 10 are unforgiving if you make mistakes.

If you are dying early and often, then make your priority staying alive in the early exchanges, for example:

1. move to positions that allow you to avoid being spotted (tds in bushes behind the front line), or are near hard cover to allow you to retreat without being shot (or both).  Make this a habit.
  2. learn the maps so that you can do (1) more reliably
  3. wait for your camo to reset before coming out of cover to take a shot
  4. don't come out to shoot if there is a tank looking at you - i.e. make good trades only
  5. if you are in a bad spot or about to be pushed, relocate to a better spot
  6. don't yolo, ever
  7. use the strengths of your tank.  e.g. in a tank with a strong turret, move from hull down position to hull down position
  8. learn the maps so that you can do (7) more reliably
  9. Don't go out into the open unless you know there are no unspotted reds in the vicinity, or it is a calculated risk in the endgame (i.e. when taking a shot doesn't matter to the outcome).
  10. Never sit in the open unless it can't be avoided, in which case, angle and wiggle.

And finally, especially with the present skill level of players, play as if you can't rely on your team (because you can't).  Don't push in the expectation that your team will support you, because they won't.  Preserve your hit points as long as you can while still getting shots at the reds.  Control what you can control, which is your game.

Again good feed back, I am trying to improve on 1,2,7,8, and 9 more as this seems to pay off more for me, thank you

STEEL_Firestorm #8 Posted 13 October 2020 - 08:12 AM

Sergeant

• 30685 battles
  • [0X0]

I don't have much to add except watch YouTube videos on Wot blitz guides. Just search exactly that and there will be resources to use. Note, you may find it boring to watch rather than play, but a mix of theory and practical is the BEST way to improve. Simply playing over and over again and making the same mistakes will be useless. Also, you only have 6K battles so you are still new. I was trash back then as well, but I followed the above advice and now I'm good. 

Also, if you can upload videos or game files of your battles we can give you tips on how you are playing. 

RoosterDT #9 Posted 14 October 2020 - 01:16 AM

Corporal

• 6725 battles
Thanks mate, will revisit youtube and see what I can get from it. there seems to be allot of folks who sit and do nothing till the last second and not much then, so will try that idea of waiting it out too and see how it goes, boring as bat droppings but its either that or take on 7 tanks while they watch..

BossArdnutz #10 Posted 14 October 2020 - 03:29 AM

First Lieutenant

• 30368 battles
  • [-IT-]
Take a look at the videos in the Mastery thread (pinned at the top of this forum). Look at those games and ask yourself, "what is this person doing differently from me?".

You may also find some answers by looking into your stats on blitzstars: https://www.blitzsta.../asia/RoosterDT

It might also be worth asking yourself what your specific goals are. If it's something like "get better at the game", all yourself "how will I know when I've gotten there?".

RoosterDT #11 Posted 14 October 2020 - 03:48 AM

Corporal

• 6725 battles

I want to get better at the game but it seems when I watch the youtube and take advice etc it doesn't work through my fault most likely. IE. Burry your hull and sneak up and shoot if you have a strong turret, guess what happens, someone sees me b4 i see then and takes 400 off me every BLOODY time, I snipe from behind a tree without moving, take a shot and get hit for 1000 from every angle, i go as second row tank and guess what, they all see me way back there and get wiped out in five seconds. It just doesn't seem to matter what video I watch, advise I take, trial and error i use, I get a33 penetration. its a great game but bloody annoying and when I do have a good game 2500-5000 damage, we still loose cause all my 'team' mates are off humping each other thinking its a game of hump your team mate...

4 or 5 times out of ten, tiresome to say the least.

RoosterDT #12 Posted 14 October 2020 - 03:49 AM

Corporal

• 6725 battles

PS thanks for stats page, never seen that b4 thanks mate

Would be good to play the game in a way that the team mates follow a strategy and communicate throughout the battle do get a cohesive strategy rather than playing by yourself with muppets humpin each other. 

Edited by RoosterDT, 14 October 2020 - 04:01 AM.

RoosterDT #13 Posted 14 October 2020 - 11:33 PM

Corporal

• 6725 battles

This is what I am talking about, battle over in under 2 minutes, and the results are in image. I do everything right (in terms of strategy) and yes I can always do better BUT, with so many of my idiot team mates Im left with 7 tanks at the end with no bloody hope.  I don't get a chance to do any more damage cause I'm get a** penetrated without lube in 7 different directions...

This is the typical battle I endure my 'team' mates might get 500 - 800 on a good day, same result though every time, we loose BADLY. 

Im on in the Asian region, are they are all as useless as this....

Attached Files

• Attached File   TYPICAL BATTLE.jpg   61.07K

Edited by RoosterDT, 14 October 2020 - 11:35 PM.

Dangerous_when_Sober #14 Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:43 AM

Captain

• 64661 battles
  • [KR0N0]
Hey Rooster,

I reckon we played a battle together and you did good. So, stick with it.

The game is really complex and the tactics regularly shift with updates.

Best things I did was watch youtubers and go to KV1 and learn one playstyle well. Kv1 was super solid back then. Now i would go T1 or BDR.

T1 was superb before it got buffed and now its a monster. But it needs tactics. BDR might be easier for begginners.

Anyway, what I mean is “what he said” (Lord Melchett) - learn at tier 5. Turn off supremacy.

Good luck

BossArdnutz #15 Posted 15 October 2020 - 12:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• 30368 battles
  • [-IT-]
Post a video of one of these games mate. Then we can tell you where you're going wrong.

AMX 50 120 is a challenging tank, high potential but quite hard to do well in. It's so large it's hard to hide, it has poor gun depression so it can be difficult to get the gun on target, and it has very little armour - lots of big guns can put HE through the sides for 1k damage (or more, considering you'll be meeting 183mm guns in it).

Plus it's a high threat so competent red team players will go out of their way to kill it early.

If you hide in the early game, your team mates are outnumbered 6 to 7 and will get wrecked, so in the endgame you are outnumbered and your carefully-saved HP get chewed up as you get swarmed, maybe get one clip off, then die on your reload.

If you are aggressive in the early game, you bleed HP and by the endgame, when your clip damage could make all the difference clearing out low-HP reds, you can't afford to take a hit any more and you just can't impact the game.

So you have to be very thoughtful in your play, find ways to do damage without taking it back in the early game, and recognise the moment to be aggressive later on.

Edited by BossArdnutz, 15 October 2020 - 12:43 PM.

RoosterDT #16 Posted 17 October 2020 - 07:40 AM

Corporal

• 6725 battles

View PostDangerous_when_Sober, on 15 October 2020 - 09:43 AM, said:

Hey Rooster,

I reckon we played a battle together and you did good. So, stick with it.

The game is really complex and the tactics regularly shift with updates.

Best things I did was watch youtubers and go to KV1 and learn one playstyle well. Kv1 was super solid back then. Now i would go T1 or BDR.

T1 was superb before it got buffed and now its a monster. But it needs tactics. BDR might be easier for begginners.

Anyway, what I mean is “what he said” (Lord Melchett) - learn at tier 5. Turn off supremacy.

Good luck

Thanks mate, you've got a memory, must have left a lasting impression on you, was I in my  little red number....

Have reverted back to tiers 6,7 and 8 to improve and bounce up to tier 9 for the fun of blasting the **** outa things lol

RoosterDT #17 Posted 17 October 2020 - 07:42 AM

Corporal

• 6725 battles

View PostBossArdnutz, on 15 October 2020 - 12:43 PM, said:

Post a video of one of these games mate. Then we can tell you where you're going wrong.

AMX 50 120 is a challenging tank, high potential but quite hard to do well in. It's so large it's hard to hide, it has poor gun depression so it can be difficult to get the gun on target, and it has very little armour - lots of big guns can put HE through the sides for 1k damage (or more, considering you'll be meeting 183mm guns in it).

Plus it's a high threat so competent red team players will go out of their way to kill it early.

If you hide in the early game, your team mates are outnumbered 6 to 7 and will get wrecked, so in the endgame you are outnumbered and your carefully-saved HP get chewed up as you get swarmed, maybe get one clip off, then die on your reload.

If you are aggressive in the early game, you bleed HP and by the endgame, when your clip damage could make all the difference clearing out low-HP reds, you can't afford to take a hit any more and you just can't impact the game.

So you have to be very thoughtful in your play, find ways to do damage without taking it back in the early game, and recognise the moment to be aggressive later on.

Ive come in as a new guy with no idea how complicated this game is. Now after 3 months, I need to go back to crawling and learning the ropes like I should have done instead of rushing away like a fool.

Really appreciate your time and feedback lads.

RoosterDT #18 Posted 17 October 2020 - 08:03 AM

Corporal

• 6725 battles
how do you upload video lol, dont have youtube

Edited by RoosterDT, 17 October 2020 - 08:09 AM.

BossArdnutz #19 Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• 30368 battles
  • [-IT-]
What are you playing on? Phone/tablet or a PC?

RoosterDT #20 Posted 18 October 2020 - 12:51 AM

Corporal

• 6725 battles
PC mate sorry forgot that

Edited by RoosterDT, 18 October 2020 - 01:07 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users