Stupid players are driving me nuts!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

TnkDztroyer #1 Posted 24 August 2020 - 02:40 PM

Captain

• 10 battles
Playing supremacy on Dead Rail. Well into the game the Reds had one base, and two tanks remaining. We had no bases and five tanks remaining  including mine. I was in a TD in a good sniping position and doing well. All we needed for a win was to get the bases, and we had plenty of tanks to do it. I was screaming at the the team multiple times to go get the bases but no one listened. Eventually I had to leave my spot and go get one myself. But by then the two reds had reduced our team to only two tanks plus me, and then to just me, and then killed me. So infuriating! It would have been an easy win! Needless to say I was top damage and kills.  :facepalm: 

Greens 0 / Reds 7 situation normal..  

Lord_Melchett #2 Posted 24 August 2020 - 11:41 PM

First Lieutenant

• 41287 battles
  • [1914]

Common story these days, and it's not just restricted to teams that can't play supremacy.

Had a game on Yamato last night where all 6 of my teammates, including 3 LT/MT, huddled behind the same TD sniping bush.

TnkDztroyer #3 Posted 25 August 2020 - 01:45 AM

Captain

• 10 battles

View PostLord_Melchett, on 25 August 2020 - 09:41 AM, said:

Common story these days, and it's not just restricted to teams that can't play supremacy.

Had a game on Yamato last night where all 6 of my teammates, including 3 LT/MT, huddled behind the same TD sniping bush.

Crazy! I wonder what insanity I will experience today  :confused:

p.s. what tier was it?

Edited by TnkDztroyer, 25 August 2020 - 01:46 AM.

__iTATi__ #4 Posted 25 August 2020 - 02:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles
  • [ABOTS]

View PostLord_Melchett, on 24 August 2020 - 11:41 PM, said:

Happens far too commonly.

I had that happen on Winter Maliknova in a tier 7/8 battle. I was a TD, went to the common TD spot and each and every other tank on my team decided to go there too. Amazingly we somehow won as I had to go and spot and put in a superhuman performance. At end the team were all affirmatative and saying GG and i was like, "no that was not GG, that was lucky - this is not how you play". 

JDBC567 #5 Posted 25 August 2020 - 03:32 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2173 battles
  • [13RT]
mines...those infernal bushes!!! in low to mid tier battles, all the players rush to that useless bush.(the one near the ruins)

TnkDztroyer #6 Posted 25 August 2020 - 06:07 AM

Captain

• 10 battles

View PostJDBC567, on 25 August 2020 - 01:32 PM, said:

mines...those infernal bushes!!! in low to mid tier battles, all the players rush to that useless bush.(the one near the ruins)

lol! I think u mean Fort Despair  :)

JDBC567 #7 Posted 25 August 2020 - 07:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2173 battles
  • [13RT]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 25 August 2020 - 11:07 AM, said:

lol! I think u mean Fort Despair  :)

yes. i meant fort dispair...i cant seem to remember the names of maps even though ive memorised the stats of most tanks till tier 7.i cant even remember birthdays and phone numbers. i guess the human brain works ina  way opposite to what is expected...forget usefull things and remember useless things. curse you brain!!!

TnkDztroyer #8 Posted 25 August 2020 - 08:21 AM

Captain

• 10 battles
I still can't remember the names of the desert maps, and I still get them mixed up. Like which one has the train line and which one doesn't.

PANPAKAPAAAN2427 #9 Posted 25 August 2020 - 05:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 650 battles
  • [TDAF]

You're like my brother sometimes since he really complains about teams and I think that if a game gets you that much angry then it might be time to find another game or just take a large break from the game. I never got angry about teams since I know trying to get a bunch of random strangers to work together is like asking a herd of sheep to not follow each other off a cliff. Simply focus on what you are doing in the game and ignore everyone else unless they show some sort of actual game knowledge that is how I got by and I never had a problem since.    

On another you could turn off supremacy since according to a certain someone Asia has the most brain dead players and playing a game mode that is very tactical is not a good mixture.    

"Okay, It's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL.  

Leader of the Tea drinkers and Anime fan clan.

Survived two years of Blitz.

TnkDztroyer #10 Posted 26 August 2020 - 05:41 AM

Captain

• 10 battles

View PostPANPAKAPAAAN2427, on 26 August 2020 - 03:36 AM, said:

You're like my brother sometimes since he really complains about teams and I think that if a game gets you that much angry then it might be time to find another game or just take a large break from the game. I never got angry about teams since I know trying to get a bunch of random strangers to work together is like asking a herd of sheep to not follow each other off a cliff. Simply focus on what you are doing in the game and ignore everyone else unless they show some sort of actual game knowledge that is how I got by and I never had a problem since.    

On another you could turn off supremacy since according to a certain someone Asia has the most brain dead players and playing a game mode that is very tactical is not a good mixture.    

I was playing Ratings mode. You can't turn off supremacy in ratings games.

Oh, and regarding teams. I play my best in teams where players know what to do. I'm not a good enuff player to carry a team of nubs, and if there are too many nubs in the team we will most likely lose.

Edited by TnkDztroyer, 26 August 2020 - 06:41 AM.

Cyril_Roy #11 Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 13065 battles
  • [WART]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 26 August 2020 - 02:41 PM, said:

I was playing Ratings mode. You can't turn off supremacy in ratings games.

Oh, and regarding teams. I play my best in teams where players know what to do. I'm not a good enuff player to carry a team of nubs, and if there are too many nubs in the team we will most likely lose.

Same here

xxxBOOxxx #12 Posted 04 September 2020 - 07:49 AM

Private

• 2610 battles
  • [TRIBE]
Agree....have played for 6 years...took a large break as it was doing my head in..... came back and I honestly think it is worse. They have made it far to easy for inexperienced players to advance without learning to master each tank, only have to look at their ace tankers, they don’t have any. And they sell tier 10 premiums now...omg...what a disaster that is for game play.... purely money making that one. Otherwise they would have restrictions on who could buys them, ie...must at least own an inline tier 8 should be a minimum prerequisite....but no, now a completely new inexperienced players can now be in tier 10.... :facepalm:

__Slap__ #13 Posted 04 September 2020 - 01:52 PM

Corporal

• 3189 battles

View PostxxxBOOxxx, on 04 September 2020 - 07:49 AM, said:

Agree....have played for 6 years...took a large break as it was doing my head in..... came back and I honestly think it is worse. They have made it far to easy for inexperienced players to advance without learning to master each tank, only have to look at their ace tankers, they don’t have any. And they sell tier 10 premiums now...omg...what a disaster that is for game play.... purely money making that one. Otherwise they would have restrictions on who could buys them, ie...must at least own an inline tier 8 should be a minimum prerequisite....but no, now a completely new inexperienced players can now be in tier 10.... :facepalm:

Culling the low tiers, adding boosters, xp certs and even bonus modes such as Uprising just gone also aid players progress up the tiers. 

xxxBOOxxx #14 Posted 04 September 2020 - 09:44 PM

Private

• 2610 battles
  • [TRIBE]
Yes Slap that’s true too. I must be odd, I enjoyed the grind on most tanks ....there are some painful ones mind you lol, I feel that much of these speed ups are not beneficial to the game play. Previously once you got up past tier 5 you noticed the ability of players were better, I had a battle a few weeks ago where a tier 6 was acting like a tier 1 player who was parked behind on a rock, trying to shoot through all the building by cap on falls creek over to the spawn. And I mean as in there were brick buildings between him and spawn, but he could see the silhouette outline and presumed he could hit the tank.... while the team was raging at him that the tank was over past the water and the hill and he was just shooting a wall.... after the battle I checked his profile and he had only had just over 100 battles, which means he should know better by 100 battles... but how did 100 battles get him to tier 6... boosters i guess. So great for the game play. 

TnkDztroyer #15 Posted 04 September 2020 - 11:13 PM

Captain

• 10 battles

View PostxxxBOOxxx, on 04 September 2020 - 05:49 PM, said:

exactly!

View Post__Slap__, on 04 September 2020 - 11:52 PM, said:

Culling the low tiers, adding boosters, xp certs and even bonus modes such as Uprising just gone also aid players progress up the tiers. 

yep! 

__Slap__ #16 Posted 05 September 2020 - 02:59 AM

Corporal

• 3189 battles

View PostxxxBOOxxx, on 04 September 2020 - 09:44 PM, said:

Yes Slap that’s true too. I must be odd, I enjoyed the grind on most tanks ....there are some painful ones mind you lol, I feel that much of these speed ups are not beneficial to the game play. Previously once you got up past tier 5 you noticed the ability of players were better, I had a battle a few weeks ago where a tier 6 was acting like a tier 1 player who was parked behind on a rock, trying to shoot through all the building by cap on falls creek over to the spawn. And I mean as in there were brick buildings between him and spawn, but he could see the silhouette outline and presumed he could hit the tank.... while the team was raging at him that the tank was over past the water and the hill and he was just shooting a wall.... after the battle I checked his profile and he had only had just over 100 battles, which means he should know better by 100 battles... but how did 100 battles get him to tier 6... boosters i guess. So great for the game play. 

I have been here since 2014 too (obviously not on this account lol) and you are correct. I have never seen the core skill of the playerbase this low in all my time here. It is odd, as you never really saw 30% players - ever. Even going AFK would bring a better average WR than that. it has shifted now, 40% players are now the new 50% of many years gone by. They are the average. At the same time, you never saw 70% players as it was quite impossible even for pros to be that good. Nowadays it is easy due to bots in the 1st 100 games, tier 10 prem tanks, boosters etc etc. Heck, if you were a goodish player, you could simply create an account, buy a tier 10 premium and never have to play any other lower tiers - just free xp your way through the tiers - essentially your damage numbers would be insane.

It should not be that easy.

The average skill of playerbase now though, as you say, is terrible. Sure, they chased many, many, many good players away with update 3.8 and then maybe some more on 5.5. But making it too easy to get up the tiers is the main reason (that and a tutorial that only shows you how to move and shoot). When you are in tier 9 and the map is Fort Despair and your entire team all goes to that damn bush like you are playing tier 3 or mines when they all go to cap - i cry in disbelief. Not to mention higher tiers shooting HE only for 12, 19, 23 damage or driving out sideways, or not even moving at all.

Finally, to answer your question in bold. Would be easy to get to tier 6 within 100 battles. Grinding during Uprising or Mad Games, Gravity does not record your stats. Plus of course, boosters as you say. 

TnkDztroyer #17 Posted 05 September 2020 - 03:12 AM

Captain

• 10 battles
It's ALL about money!

xxxBOOxxx #18 Posted 05 September 2020 - 09:14 AM

Private

• 2610 battles
  • [TRIBE]
Slap... you gave me a great laugh...that dam bush..... which results it comments of WT# are you lot for real.... and they all sit there.... and get shot in the back too cause they have binos on the whole time and haven’t realised there is a tank behind them all. Or mines when they hide in the bush and won’t leave spawn. And you go.... this is like tier 1-3 behaviour.... just kill me now. I love when the battle starts and players move off immediately... preferably in the right direction, but who am I to say which way is the right way...  But when they all do donuts and look to the sky.... sigh. And yeah so true, most players were around the 50% back then, if someone was in the 60’s....woahhhhhh amazing. I regularly check my teams, never many in the 50s, generally all in the 40’s.  No angling, no side scrapping, no wiggle wiggle bounce, reverse butt out, park side on.... and does anyone in game read english? If you try to help, you get no response anyway.... unless some is nub raging. Thanks for the giggle, I miss the way the game use to be. 

__iTATi__ #19 Posted 06 September 2020 - 06:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles
  • [ABOTS]
Improved tutorial system is all it would take to improve the gameplay of new players. But sigh, this has been asked for since the year dot and it has never come. This would suggest that WG does not want the playerbase to improve - they want players to think the only way to win is to buy premium tanks.

TnkDztroyer #20 Posted 06 September 2020 - 06:19 AM

Captain

• 10 battles

View Post__iTATi__, on 06 September 2020 - 04:02 PM, said:

Improved tutorial system is all it would take to improve the gameplay of new players. But sigh, this has been asked for since the year dot and it has never come. This would suggest that WG does not want the playerbase to improve - they want players to think the only way to win is to buy premium tanks.

eggs-zactly!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users