Mothball hanger

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

TnkDztroyer #1 Posted 24 August 2020 - 02:03 PM

Captain

• 10 battles
WG needs to make a special place in the garage where we can park all the tanks they've made useless with their stupid constant nerfing and buffing. I nominate the IS-6. Just played a few games. Couldn't do anything with it. A totally useless tank now. It's ineffective against many tanks in t8, and even t7! ; slow speed, slow turret and hull traverse, low pen and damage. And don't even get me started on the KV-1!..

Greens 0 / Reds 7 situation normal..  

Lord_Melchett #2 Posted 24 August 2020 - 11:55 PM

First Lieutenant

• 41499 battles
  • [1914]

Agree that KV1 has been nerfed into irrelevance.

Disagree about the IS6.  It's still effective, and it just got an armour buff.  It's not useless, just no better than most of the other IS clones in tier 8.  Better than some, worse than others.

TnkDztroyer #3 Posted 25 August 2020 - 01:41 AM

Captain

• 10 battles

View PostLord_Melchett, on 25 August 2020 - 09:55 AM, said:

Agree that KV1 has been nerfed into irrelevance.

Disagree about the IS6.  It's still effective, and it just got an armour buff.  It's not useless, just no better than most of the other IS clones in tier 8.  Better than some, worse than others.

Yeah, next time I played it, it seemed faster/better. must have been lagging before or something. I'll agree it's not useless (I do tend to exaggerate), but I think it doesn't have much going for it. where do we find that chart that shows the best/worst performing tanks?

Greens 0 / Reds 7 situation normal..  

__iTATi__ #4 Posted 25 August 2020 - 02:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles
  • [ABOTS]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 25 August 2020 - 01:41 AM, said:

Yeah, next time I played it, it seemed faster/better. must have been lagging before or something. I'll agree it's not useless (I do tend to exaggerate), but I think it doesn't have much going for it. where do we find that chart that shows the best/worst performing tanks?

This is from July so about a month old but it shows that the IS6 is middle of the road compared to other tier 8 HTs. There are plenty more that need some love before the IS6. I can attest to that as trying to grind through the Caernarvon and it is horrid.

N9OIW1P.png

Lord_Melchett #5 Posted 25 August 2020 - 06:41 AM

First Lieutenant

• 41499 battles
  • [1914]

Some surprising omissions from that chart, until I saw the 1% qualifier - which I assume means that only tanks used in more than (global) 1% of battles are counted.

Interesting comment on the Caernarvon.  It's a common complaint.  I remember grinding the Caernarvon (about 2 years ago) and doing really well in it during the grind, compared with other tier 8 heavies.  Probably a statistical anomaly, and if I'd continued playing it, it would have dropped WR like a stone.

__iTATi__ #6 Posted 25 August 2020 - 12:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles
  • [ABOTS]

View PostLord_Melchett, on 25 August 2020 - 06:41 AM, said:

Some surprising omissions from that chart, until I saw the 1% qualifier - which I assume means that only tanks used in more than (global) 1% of battles are counted.

Interesting comment on the Caernarvon.  It's a common complaint.  I remember grinding the Caernarvon (about 2 years ago) and doing really well in it during the grind, compared with other tier 8 heavies.  Probably a statistical anomaly, and if I'd continued playing it, it would have dropped WR like a stone.

It is just hugely disappointing after the joys of the Black Prince. It has the high DPM gun that would expect from the line but the armour is horrid. I just cannot nail down its playstyle other than to go with the MT's as it cannot live with the IS spam, Tiger II, VK 100 or basically any other HT unless in particular circumstances. It is so situational and sure you could pick apart another HT 1v1 but it is rare you get into those situations. Then due to the poor armour, you cannot just go forward into the enemy like the BP can which negates that fast-firing gun.

I dunno, maybe it will click with me eventually.

__iTATi__ #7 Posted 25 August 2020 - 12:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles
  • [ABOTS]

Ironically, just hours after I posted those charts, Ribblestripe posted the most recent ones in the upcoming balance thread.

qBkkRxT.png

Has their been some buffs for the IS6? As it i now the 2nd best performing tier 8 HT in terms of WR. Suggests there is nothing wrong with it right now.

Lord_Melchett #8 Posted 25 August 2020 - 12:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• 41499 battles
  • [1914]

Ahhh, I ground it when the BP was a dog, so it was a relief to get into the Caernarvon.

As I recall, the front plate and the turret are both strong, and it has good gun depression, so it is all about ridge fighting ...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users