7.2 Battle Pass: Operation Code Fatal Speculations

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

P36C #1 Posted 20 August 2020 - 04:02 AM

Sergeant

• 24620 battles
  • [ME0W]

Hello Commanders,

We already know that the second battle pass ever in WoTB is arriving this update and will begin very soon. The contents are, the usual as last time, but with a futuristic theme. The main reward for the paid pass will be the Eraser BP 44, an ARL 44 that looks high tech and ridiculous (imo) but with cool animations and the 105mm gun. The low tier collector this time will be the Durchbruchwagen 2. In addition the number of levels were doubled, and there are no levels with no rewards.

So will the BP 44 be P2W? 

I think not. The KV-122 Thunder was slightly better than the KV-1S, but it didn't really make a difference if you ask me, because they are both meh tanks already. This time however, the BP 44 has the 105 mm, not the insanely high penetration 90mm DCA 45 of the ARL 44. Apparently it will have less penetration and DPM for more damage per shot. We won't know which tank will be better, but so far, I'm quite sure that it will be slightly better, if not better at all, and the fact that these tanks are not 95% reskins of each other will make it harder to compare anyway.

What's the price? 

Last time, the paid pass was USD 4.99. Considering that this time there are twice as many levels, and we are in the middle of a pandemic, and online based entertainment companies are making more money than ever, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a little more expensive. Also, remember this is only WoTB's second battle pass. WG may be trying to see which would make more money, cheap but with more sold, or more expensive, but with possibly less sold. If we strictly go by numbers, (double the levels=double the content=double the price) I think the battle pass may be USD 9.99. However, much like how we were surprised at WG's generosity last time with the price, I would be happy to see the pass sold for USD 7.99, a commonly seen price in the store. 

What do you think ppl?

Edited by P36C, 20 August 2020 - 04:08 AM.

__iTATi__ #2 Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles
  • [ABOTS]

They would be foolish to make it more expensive in the current climate. I do not think they will. if they do increase it even by just a couple of dollars (to test the water) I will probably not buy it out of principle and would hope others do too. They might then revert to the better price. People and economies are struggling right now...WG should make their millions out of their new tanks that some just have to splash out on.

So why do I think they might show some sense and keep the price the same? Because aside from OP premiums in crates (Smasher, T22 etc) and the such that will obviously attract the true wallet warriors with money to burn, WG has actually been offering a lot more value with some of their deals. Just look at the Type 62 Dragon and WZ 112-2 bundle at just $14.99. Both of those tanks are extremely good and you also get camos, all equip slots and an avatar (woohoo). Seriously, anyone with some spare cash should snap that deal up.

__iTATi__ #3 Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles
  • [ABOTS]

As for the tanks, well, the Thunder was fun for about a day or too. Have not played it since...so I would expect something similar here. You are not going to get too much different from the tech tree equivalent. The DW2 though, back in the day, that tank was OP in tier 4 until it was nerfed and then turned into a collector. I don't play tier 4 though, so probably wont even use it other than to make sure it starts and fires.

Also, I am not sure you get more rewards despite there being more levels. I could be wrong but I saw that you can get up to 3,000 gold this time rather than the 3,500 you could get last time. Perhaps they have just spread the rewards out a bit more rather than increased them?

P36C #4 Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:45 AM

Sergeant

• 24620 battles
  • [ME0W]

View Post__iTATi__, on 19 August 2020 - 09:03 PM, said:

They would be foolish to make it more expensive in the current climate. I do not think they will. if they do increase it even by just a couple of dollars (to test the water) I will probably not buy it out of principle and would hope others do too. They might then revert to the better price. People and economies are struggling right now...WG should make their millions out of their new tanks that some just have to splash out on.

So why do I think they might show some sense and keep the price the same? Because aside from OP premiums in crates (Smasher, T22 etc) and the such that will obviously attract the true wallet warriors with money to burn, WG has actually been offering a lot more value with some of their deals. Just look at the Type 62 Dragon and WZ 112-2 bundle at just $14.99. Both of those tanks are extremely good and you also get camos, all equip slots and an avatar (woohoo). Seriously, anyone with some spare cash should snap that deal up.

Hmmm, I suppose you may be right in that regard. Some of the bundles WG have been releasing are indeed really good value for money, hope the pass is too. 

JDBC567 #5 Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:47 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2186 battles
  • [13RT]

the new tank doesnt seem op at all. its going to be a slower, more well armoured arl but without the main strenght of the original arl(the insane penetration)

Taking away the penetration would effectively ruin the tank but to balance the new arl, its been given more armour so that it can actually reliably bounce shots. so i think wg has balanced it pretty well.

P36C #6 Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:48 AM

Sergeant

• 24620 battles
  • [ME0W]

View Post__iTATi__, on 19 August 2020 - 09:10 PM, said:

As for the tanks, well, the Thunder was fun for about a day or too. Have not played it since...so I would expect something similar here. You are not going to get too much different from the tech tree equivalent. The DW2 though, back in the day, that tank was OP in tier 4 until it was nerfed and then turned into a collector. I don't play tier 4 though, so probably wont even use it other than to make sure it starts and fires.

Also, I am not sure you get more rewards despite there being more levels. I could be wrong but I saw that you can get up to 3,000 gold this time rather than the 3,500 you could get last time. Perhaps they have just spread the rewards out a bit more rather than increased them?

I think you could get up to 2500 gold last time? If I'm not mistaken, that is. Yes, possibly the rewards could have been spread across wider, however, we'll only really know until we see it. The teaser didn't really show much, although I suppose you could look at it in x0.25 lol.

P36C #7 Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:48 AM

Sergeant

• 24620 battles
  • [ME0W]

View PostJDBC567, on 19 August 2020 - 09:47 PM, said:

the new tank doesnt seem op at all. its going to be a slower, more well armoured arl but without the main strenght of the original arl(the insane penetration)

Taking away the penetration would effectively ruin the tank but to balance the new arl, its been given more armour so that it can actually reliably bounce shots. so i think wg has balanced it pretty well.

Agreed

__iTATi__ #8 Posted 20 August 2020 - 06:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles
  • [ABOTS]

View PostP36C, on 20 August 2020 - 05:48 AM, said:

I think you could get up to 2500 gold last time? If I'm not mistaken, that is. Yes, possibly the rewards could have been spread across wider, however, we'll only really know until we see it. The teaser didn't really show much, although I suppose you could look at it in x0.25 lol.

Not sure myself but thought it was 3,500. Either way, you are not getting double the amount of gold of last time, so not sure it justifies a price increase. 

Maddoxkkm #9 Posted 20 August 2020 - 07:35 AM

Captain

• 41951 battles
  • [FEAST]

1.Wargaming mentioned that the battle pass price will not change (forgot exact source but I believe it was one of their replies on FB)
2. the ARL in tech tree indeed has a 105mm gun. it's not the preferred gun though and from BlitzHangar it seems that it's an improved version of 105mm gun (slightly higher dpm and penetration) which should make it good but not superior than the 90mm gun.

Leader of FEAST (Fulcra of the East), Twister Cup 2018 & 2019 Asia Server Champion

Developer of SerBot (Discord Stats Bot) & Mod Site MadWoTBMods

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

__iTATi__ #10 Posted 20 August 2020 - 12:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles
  • [ABOTS]

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 20 August 2020 - 07:35 AM, said:

1.Wargaming mentioned that the battle pass price will not change (forgot exact source but I believe it was one of their replies on FB)
2. the ARL in tech tree indeed has a 105mm gun. it's not the preferred gun though and from BlitzHangar it seems that it's an improved version of 105mm gun (slightly higher dpm and penetration) which should make it good but not superior than the 90mm gun.

1. Good to know - hope it is true.

2. Not overly bothered about the tank, the Thunder was meh and am expecting the same. Wonder what we will get for the 3rd battle pass? I am going to call a reskinned VK 36 as they seem to be doing tier 6 hts at the moment. 

JDBC567 #11 Posted 21 August 2020 - 04:40 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2186 battles
  • [13RT]

View Post__iTATi__, on 20 August 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

1. Good to know - hope it is true.

2. Not overly bothered about the tank, the Thunder was meh and am expecting the same. Wonder what we will get for the 3rd battle pass? I am going to call a reskinned VK 36 as they seem to be doing tier 6 hts at the moment. 

The armour model certainly looks a lot like the arl. The frontal armour is increased but nothing special. Plus, as far as I know, the turret armour is actually worse(I think the turret shape is slightly different). Using the armour model at blitzhanger, it seems that almost the whole turret front is penetrable with ap rounds from most tier 6 tanks.

Lord_Melchett #12 Posted 21 August 2020 - 06:40 AM

First Lieutenant

• 41287 battles
  • [1914]

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 20 August 2020 - 07:35 AM, said:

para 1.  That's interesting.  I kind of assumed that the low price for the Thunder battle pass was like an introductory special to get everyone used to the idea, and that subsequent battle passes woudl be more expensive.  Glad if it's not.  If it's the same price as last time, they will sell a lot of battle passes.

Newb179 #13 Posted 22 August 2020 - 03:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 9544 battles
  • [CPU]
Operation Code Fatal, is that an euphemism for YOLO to death?

Lord_Melchett #14 Posted 23 August 2020 - 12:21 AM

First Lieutenant

• 41287 battles
  • [1914]

View PostNewb179, on 22 August 2020 - 03:45 PM, said:

Operation Code Fatal, is that an euphemism for YOLO to death?

No need for a special operation, that's as per usual for the current playerbase

Cyril_Roy #15 Posted 01 September 2020 - 09:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 13065 battles
  • [WART]

Nice that battle pass again.definitly worth it.too bad i have no time to play these days.might buy the hacked one but i d much rather play for it.if i dont play enough i wont fill the vaults either.

sorry i havent been in touch for so long

had time this weekend to enjoy uprising a bit ( got the 2nd top avatar 400 win + ) and manage to buy my first tier 10 the mighty E100.what a beast!

Cyril_Roy #16 Posted 13 September 2020 - 12:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 13065 battles
  • [WART]

Werent the vaults filed by damage caused rather than victories last time?

seems to take longer to fill but i had a lot more time to play last time so perhaps i m mistaken.

Edited by Cyril_Roy, 13 September 2020 - 12:27 PM.

Lord_Melchett #17 Posted 13 September 2020 - 11:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• 41287 battles
  • [1914]

View PostCyril_Roy, on 13 September 2020 - 12:26 PM, said:

seems to take longer to fill but i had a lot more time to play last time so perhaps i m mistaken.

I was thinking this exact thing.  I recall that in the last battle pass, the vaults seemed to fill quite quickly.

Cyril_Roy #18 Posted 14 September 2020 - 10:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 13065 battles
  • [WART]

So it was then.

well at list the tank is better this time.too bad i already had the dw2. Great tank to get if you already have it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users