• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

P36C #1 Posted 14 August 2020 - 10:29 PM

Sergeant

• 28606 battles
  • [ME0W]

Hello Commanders,

How many Tier VII lights are there? 

The M41 Walker Bulldog, T71, AMX 13 75, Spahpanzer SP IC, and the Type 62 if I haven't missed any. Now how many of these are actual "light" tanks? The T71, AMX 13 75, and the SP IC have autoloaders, and the M41 Bulldog kind of bridges the gap between light and medium. The Type 62 as well, while it is probably the most LT like of it's piers, has a Soviet influenced design (after all, it is a scaled down Type 59, itself a liscenced T-54/55), meaning even with WG's balance changes, only has 7 degrees of gun depression. As if to compensate for that, it also has medium tank HP. 

Basically, there are NO true non-autoloading light tank at Tier VII, which is kinda sad. 

Personally I'd put something funny in, like a NM-116 (basically a 90mm armed and faster Norwegian M24 Chaffee), or a T92...

What would you guys do? Personally I like Tier VII if it weren't for the OP fantasy tanks running around...

Cheers :) 

Edited by P36C, 14 August 2020 - 10:30 PM.

JDBC567 #2 Posted 15 August 2020 - 03:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2222 battles
  • [13RT]
You forgot the lttb. But that's more of a medium than a light due to its armour.

P36C #3 Posted 15 August 2020 - 07:23 AM

Sergeant

• 28606 battles
  • [ME0W]

View PostJDBC567, on 14 August 2020 - 07:59 PM, said:

You forgot the lttb. But that's more of a medium than a light due to its armour.

oh yeah the LTTB totally forgot :0

it’s as close as you can get to a drac without paying lol 

honestly the lttb has way too much armor tier vi lts have to aim to penetrate it lol

ownin #4 Posted 16 August 2020 - 01:59 AM

Corporal

• 4521 battles
  • [NZAJA]
There aren't really any true lights in blitz they're essentially just a medium sub-class. And it has to be that way because bushes are so weak and the games go quickly so there isn't a role for a dedicated scout. So they're all basically as good or often better at direct fighting than mediums

P36C #5 Posted 16 August 2020 - 09:16 AM

Sergeant

• 28606 battles
  • [ME0W]

View Postownin, on 15 August 2020 - 05:59 PM, said:

There aren't really any true lights in blitz they're essentially just a medium sub-class. And it has to be that way because bushes are so weak and the games go quickly so there isn't a role for a dedicated scout. So they're all basically as good or often better at direct fighting than mediums

that’s a yes and no imo,

yea lights aren’t as specialized as in PC, but some lights in blitz are really light tank like, such as the Chaffee. To be fair, it’s rather slow, but it’s tiny and hard to spot, and has great view range. Tanks like the SP IC, although I ironically called it not a traditional light, has 300+m view range when maxed, so lights still have their role in blitz 

it is definitely a class that is a lot less passive than in pc though 

JDBC567 #6 Posted 16 August 2020 - 09:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2222 battles
  • [13RT]

View PostP36C, on 16 August 2020 - 02:16 PM, said:

that’s a yes and no imo,

yea lights aren’t as specialized as in PC, but some lights in blitz are really light tank like, such as the Chaffee. To be fair, it’s rather slow, but it’s tiny and hard to spot, and has great view range. Tanks like the SP IC, although I ironically called it not a traditional light, has 300+m view range when maxed, so lights still have their role in blitz 

it is definitely a class that is a lot less passive than in pc though 

That's why I suggested adding a frontline mode to Blitz. To give lights a solid purpose.

The small map size severely hinders the ability of lights. It makes negates the main advantage of lights-their speed.

But yeah. Lights still have a purpose. Played properly, you can spot the whole enemy team in the first minute of the battle and not even take one shot. That gives a huge advantage to the team. And I doubt most mediums will be able to do that. 

I'd say the French lights are true lights. Definitely not mediums, same with some Germans like the ru 251 and the leopard vk16.08.

The Russians are pseodo mediums though you could call the lttb a light as it has great mobility.

The british are again mediums imo.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users