ISU-130 discussion

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

P36C #1 Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:52 PM

Sergeant

• 24372 battles
  • [ME0W]

Hello commanders!

I do decently well in my non-turreted tank destroyers. In my Dicker Max, Jagdpanzer IV, Jagdpanther, SU-152, ISU-152, I did very well in. Other tanks? Well, my stats in some are quite mediocre, but hey you can't be good in every tank right, although you could always get better of course. 

Well, as I did nicely in my SU-152 and ISU-152, I bought myself an ISU-130 with the gold I had saved up (and the model looks damn good, like one of those HD models from the PC ver). The ISU-130 is one of the prototypes born from the high-powered ISU projects the Soviets were conducting during WWII. The ISU-152 was being turned into a temporary TD with its short barrel 152mm howitzer. The ISU-122, specialized for AT duties were not enough for the Soviets. They wanted more. Some of the tanks born from these proposals are the ISU-152-2, basically the ISU-152 we know in-game with the BL-10, and the ISU-152-1, which had a BL-8 with an even longer barrel, and among these tanks were the ISU-130, alternatively known as, the Object 250. It mounted a naval S-26 gun, and is now on display in a museum in Russia.

When you buy a premium tank, you want to do well in it don't you? After all you spent your hard-earned gold or money on it, and you wouldn't want it to go to waste. Well, I kinda suck in the ISU-130. It is a good tank, I can see that, but driving it like an ISU-152 was a terrible idea. It doesn't pack the punch or the fear factor that the 152 does, and as a result people are quick to get close to you and shoot you up. It has slightly less hull traverse, slightly worse p/w ratio (I think) and less side armor. However, it's gun is very un-Russian. Very accurate for it's caliber, and a decent aim time. The APHE shells it carries are magic, and your AP rounds are enough against Tier IX most of the time. I found playing it as a long-range sniper behind the mediums are the best, and relocating the moment you see a flanking tank. Your view range is so poor you can not spot flankers well, your traverse and fear factor are too low to fend off attacks, and your armor and very low HP pool is not enough to take on heavies. In addition APHE may not have enough penetration for those heavy tanks. 

I may sound like I'm ranting, but it is a great tank, and I'm starting to get the hang of it. If anyone has any tips, do please tell me.

Thanks in advance ;)

Edited by P36C, 01 July 2020 - 09:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users