What tank is good for what tier?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

AnthonyIrwin #1 Posted 18 June 2020 - 02:27 AM

Corporal

• 5058 battles
  • [-FOXY]

Hey there. ive noticed that there are a lot of people who say stuff like "hey, go get the is-7, its completely op" or some stuff like that. Well, ive had some preety crappy games lately and im sure thats a big stain on my winreate( damn u, matchmaking, you ought to put people on matches based on winrate!!?!??!?) but honestly, no one, and i really mean NO ONE, talks about the tiers in between. So ive set some ultimate goals to follow but then there's still the matter of choosing a good tier 6 tank first. my options are:

M6

M4A3E8 Sherman

KV-1S

T34-85

VK30.01(P)

VK30.01(D)

VK36.01(H)

Cromwell

Whats the best one to pick not just on playstyle but also on armour, capabilities, etc.

Moved to Newcomers Forum.

~Elite911.

ownin #2 Posted 18 June 2020 - 02:39 AM

Corporal

• 4525 battles
  • [NZAJA]

I'd say m6. Well if you want to up your winrate play the t1 heavy because of how obscenely overpowered it is but the m6 is also really good. It's a hull down tank except you only have to hide the bottom half of your hull. And its got a really good gun, gun depression and is moderately fast.

And for mediums t-35-85 all the way. It's got damage and armour which will often give you random bounces especially on the turret. So you go to the medium flank and shoot people without gettign shot back but if you od get shot ack you'll rpobably have done more damage and have a good chance of bouncing them off your turret.

People love the VK 36.01 and cromwell but i honestly don't like them that much. Neither really have a way of dealing damage without taking it unless the person you're playing happens to be playing absolute horridly. 

AnthonyIrwin #3 Posted 18 June 2020 - 02:45 AM

Corporal

• 5058 battles
  • [-FOXY]
Also for newbs and noobs out there dont listen to those buggers out there who tell you to try get some tier 6-10 tank. i dont care what it is cos those tanks will be useless when they're all shot up with holes from everywhere. you need to slow down and not just go battle. this game is not like call of duty or brawl stars( yes, i played those too) as i found out. you cannot revive health on the field. once you take a hit, the hit stays with you forever till u die or the game ends. you really need to take it easy and learn some basics like this really simple one: do not yolo into an enemy you know u cannot defeat even tho he's one-shot. anything can happen. he could ammorack u, someone else could shoot u, etc. just learn from people on youtube like littlefinger(my one and only personal favourite guy out there) and find out some tacks like sidescraping, hulldown, etc. you can even find this out from world of tanks videos since the basic rules are the same more or less.

AnthonyIrwin #4 Posted 18 June 2020 - 02:46 AM

Corporal

• 5058 battles
  • [-FOXY]
I see. and what about the easy 8 sherman?

__iTATi__ #5 Posted 18 June 2020 - 07:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles

View PostAnthonyIrwin, on 18 June 2020 - 02:46 AM, said:

I see. and what about the easy 8 sherman?

It doesn't really compete with the T3435 and Cromwell albeit it has a different playstyle. 

I always look at the next tanks in a line as part of my decision rather than just the strength of the next tank I am getting. If there is nothing I am interested in further on, that tank becomes a lower priority for me.

My choices from your list in preferred order:

M6: Great tank for all the reasons Ownin said above. it also leads on to the T29 which is another great tank.

VK36.01(H): Very good HT at tier 6 and leads on to the Tiger I and then the Tiger II

VK30.01(P): Decent MT at its tier with nice Alpha but most importantly, it leads on to the Tiger P

The Cromwell is a good tier 6 tank and the Comet is decent but I am not sure these suit your playstyle. You seem to like good armor. I don't do Russian tanks (well, not since my main account as I have done those lines before and cannot comment on how strong they are these days).

Oh, and those saying not to listen to others about tanks they say to get - get the Black Prince. Man that tank is awesome at tier 7. Sure, you have to work the Churchills first but its worth it.

Edited by __iTATi__, 18 June 2020 - 08:00 AM.

JDBC567 #6 Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:20 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2222 battles
  • [13RT]
Tier 4 pz4d
5- T1 heavy
6- vk28.01
7- IS
8- ?
9- ?
10- deathstar? Only if you are experienced.

Aky_Seargent #7 Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:37 AM

Sergeant

• 1728 battles
Sadly I have none of these tanks mentioned in this topic. I have the Hellcat and comet, which are tooooo harsh on beginners. I am also grinding the black prince and the Panther, in hopes of getting a SOMEWHAT good tank

"If you can, shoot at the rear, if you can't, shoot at the side. Don't bother with the front." 

- US Army General

Currently a noob in the EU server (EU Server ID - TheMonk_74)

Aky_Seargent #8 Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:38 AM

Sergeant

• 1728 battles

View PostJDBC567, on 18 June 2020 - 01:20 PM, said:

Tier 4 pz4d
5- T1 heavy
6- vk28.01
7- IS
8- ?
9- ?
10- deathstar? Only if you are experienced.

Also to accqire these tanks you have to face the "ancestral" tanks before, which could be rather "unOP".

"If you can, shoot at the rear, if you can't, shoot at the side. Don't bother with the front." 

- US Army General

Currently a noob in the EU server (EU Server ID - TheMonk_74)

JDBC567 #9 Posted 18 June 2020 - 11:37 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2222 battles
  • [13RT]
That's true for almost any openings tank exept perhaps some Russians, and tier 1,2

AnthonyIrwin #10 Posted 19 June 2020 - 02:49 AM

Corporal

• 5058 battles
  • [-FOXY]

yeah. i get what u guys all mean.

It is true that i value good armour (man, bouncing nearly all shots in one game was so moral-lifting) but good mobility and guns are also important to me. the crusader kind of fell out of favour since it does not have armour(obviously), speed or a good gun. i like tanks like the sherman, where you have an excellent turret and speed, but at the same time with good depression and frontal hull armour. the churchill got sold due to its horrible speed. i like the kv1 fair enough but im still selling it asap when the kv-1s comes. still gonna come to that t1 heavy cos i love it later on to do some seal clubbing. also i got the m6 as adviced by ownin. thanks :teethhappy:

__iTATi__ #11 Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles

View PostAnthonyIrwin, on 19 June 2020 - 02:49 AM, said:

yeah. i get what u guys all mean.

It is true that i value good armour (man, bouncing nearly all shots in one game was so moral-lifting) but good mobility and guns are also important to me. the crusader kind of fell out of favour since it does not have armour(obviously), speed or a good gun. i like tanks like the sherman, where you have an excellent turret and speed, but at the same time with good depression and frontal hull armour. the churchill got sold due to its horrible speed. i like the kv1 fair enough but im still selling it asap when the kv-1s comes. still gonna come to that t1 heavy cos i love it later on to do some seal clubbing. also i got the m6 as adviced by ownin. thanks :teethhappy:

You wont find many tanks with the holy trinity of armor, speed and good gun. Generally, you might get 1 or 2 of those things.  

Edited by __iTATi__, 19 June 2020 - 06:13 AM.

BossArdnutz #12 Posted 22 June 2020 - 01:25 AM

First Lieutenant

• 33211 battles
  • [-IT-]

Block Quote

M6

M4A3E8 Sherman

KV-1S

T34-85

VK30.01(P)

VK30.01(D)

VK36.01(H)

Cromwell

There are a few ways to answer this.

If you want the strongest-performing tanks at tier VI, look at Jylpah's excellent stats site, Blitzanalysiz(). Out of your list, the VK36.01(H) is the strongest at the moment, followed by the M6, T-34/85 and Cromwell. The other tanks on your list are performing in line with the skill of their players.

If you want to learn new things, many of these tanks have a particular skill you need to master to do well in them. If that comes naturally to you, you'll perform well in them from the start, but if not, then they will take longer to get the hang of but you'll improve your overall game skill in the process.

M6 - same as T1 Heavy. Hull-down, use gun depression, sidescrape. 

M4A3E8 Sherman - Hull-down using excellent gun depression & strong turret, hide your sides and rear from HE, angle your front armour if exposed, match the angle of your front plate to terrain features.

KV-1S - Peek-a-boom, learn to hull-down with poor gun depression, use mobility to set up shots ("rotating"), learn the derp life (terrible gun handling with high alpha and very long reload; when to use HE ammo).

T34-85 - mobility, hull-down with moderate gun depression. A rather nice all-rounder.

VK30.01(P) - don't have it, can't comment on playstyle.

VK30.01(D) - using angles to bounce off relatively thin armour. Also a good all-rounder.

VK36.01(H) - angling? This is just a really strong tank, not sure how much you learn playing it.

Cromwell - if you struggled with the Crusader, you'll struggle with this, which means you can learn something important from it. This is all about using gun depression, mobility and sneaky tactics to avoid getting shot while still getting as much of your high DPM out as possible using a rapid-fire, low-alpha gun. From memory, compared to Crusader, Cromwell has worse pen tier-for-tier but better mobility... it's been a while since I played either, though. British guns tend either to the pew-pew (Cru, Crom, Cent I, Caer, FV301) or excellent accuracy and marvellous HE (Cent 7/1, Conq). Likewise they tend to either have no mobility or gun depression but heavy armour everywhere (Church, BP), poor mobility but good gun depression and a strong turret with weak hull (both Cents, Caer), or excellent mobility and gun depression and no armour at all (Crom, FV301).

JDBC567 #13 Posted 22 June 2020 - 04:06 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2222 battles
  • [13RT]

View Post__iTATi__, on 19 June 2020 - 11:12 AM, said:

You wont find many tanks with the holy trinity of armor, speed and good gun. Generally, you might get 1 or 2 of those things.  

Mt25- can sidescrape, fast, good autoloaders

VK28.01- good hull hull armour, good gun, good speed

Russian tds like the sun 100, su100m,su152,isu152

Obj 140

That's 7 tanks.

AnthonyIrwin #14 Posted 22 June 2020 - 04:13 AM

Corporal

• 5058 battles
  • [-FOXY]
Sorry, no tds for me.

View PostJDBC567, on 22 June 2020 - 04:06 AM, said:

Obj 140

That's 7 tanks.

No offense but to me, having a full-traverse turret is a way of life. i really depend on it. ive tried tds and i can in all honesty say "Aw hell naw, tds aren't for sukkas like me!" . the guns are good enough, but my favourite tanks stem from some or all of the following characteristics:

1) A turret (duh)

2) good frontal and maybe side armour(if possible, it would be nice but i can live without it) for tanks

3) A good gun

4) at least fair speeds for its type like the t1, leo, etc.

5) a good tank that stems from the one i choose(i.e. the next tank in the tech tree)

so yeah. no tds. not even the american turreted ones.:angry:(no offense to td players who read this, sorry)

JDBC567 #15 Posted 22 June 2020 - 04:47 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2222 battles
  • [13RT]

View PostAnthonyIrwin, on 22 June 2020 - 09:13 AM, said:

Sorry, no tds for me.

No offense but to me, having a full-traverse turret is a way of life. i really depend on it. ive tried tds and i can in all honesty say "Aw hell naw, tds aren't for sukkas like me!" . the guns are good enough, but my favourite tanks stem from some or all of the following characteristics:

1) A turret (duh)

2) good frontal and maybe side armour(if possible, it would be nice but i can live without it) for tanks

3) A good gun

5) a good tank that stems from the one i choose(i.e. the next tank in the tech tree)

so yeah. no tds. not even the american turreted ones.:angry:(no offense to td players who read this, sorry)

There was nothing to take offense in there.

Anyway, the American tds are like mediums and lights. What's the problem there?

For best tier 6 td, I'd nominate the hellcat every time.

AnthonyIrwin #16 Posted 22 June 2020 - 05:28 AM

Corporal

• 5058 battles
  • [-FOXY]

View PostJDBC567, on 22 June 2020 - 04:47 AM, said:

There was nothing to take offense in there.

Anyway, the American tds are like mediums and lights. What's the problem there?

For best tier 6 td, I'd nominate the hellcat every time.

the first time i tried tds(alecto and hetzer), they were a painful experience. so it kinda left a prejudice in me against tds. also i lack the garage space and gold to buy it.

AnthonyIrwin #17 Posted 22 June 2020 - 05:29 AM

Corporal

• 5058 battles
  • [-FOXY]
also i have no ultimate objectives in the td lines, so yeah. no tds in my garage at all.

__iTATi__ #18 Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles

View PostJDBC567, on 22 June 2020 - 04:06 AM, said:

Obj 140

That's 7 tanks.

The first two are paper-thin light tanks - so no armor.

Russian TDs have decent armor and derpy guns but they are far from fast. I would also say that the guns are Russian (so innacurate).

None have all three of armor, speed and good gun in abundance. 

AnthonyIrwin #19 Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:26 AM

Corporal

• 5058 battles
  • [-FOXY]
oh yeah what about the brand-new p43 ann? is it good?

__iTATi__ #20 Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles

View PostAnthonyIrwin, on 22 June 2020 - 04:13 AM, said:

Sorry, no tds for me.

1) A turret (duh)

3) A good gun

Problem is, by avoiding TDs at all costs, you are missing out on one of the most important crew skills in the game. Camo.

You do realise that once unlocked, the crew skills are applied to ALL tanks and not just the category in which they were unlocked? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users