China Mainland connection and ping/loss issues

China ping loss connection

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

jWehrw0lf #1 Posted 30 May 2020 - 04:22 AM

Corporal

• 4004 battles
  • [J442G]

Started the topic to discuss the problem solving with playing WoT Blitz using Chinese internet providers. High ping and loss is the everyday normal thing. 4g or home internet are both unreliable. The best you can get happen between 3am and 8am but again it’s not always like that. I’ve been trying different ways to improve the situation like VPN, proxy, DNS, playing from iPad, MacBook and so on. If anyone here lives in China and was able to get good connection with WoT servers please share the method.

Jylpah #2 Posted 31 May 2020 - 09:38 AM

Sergeant

• 19754 battles
  • [SKUX]

China has great networks in the country, but the foreign connections are destroyed by the Great Firewall of China that censors all the traffic. You can try a VPN (e.g. ExpressVPN or then the Chinese VPN providers). Also, please note that the GFWC identifies VPN traffic and can at some point start to sabotage your connection because reasons.

There is also a Blitz server in China, but that requires a separate account from the Asia server.

Blitzanalysiz.com - In-depth analysis of Blitz game statistics  

Jylpah/blitz-tools      Python tools to upload and analyze replays
Jylpah[SKUX] @Asia       Jylpah[AFK] @EU       

Aky_Seargent #3 Posted 31 May 2020 - 10:53 AM

Sergeant

• 1529 battles

Well, this problem is with all the players who play on the asia server. My internet pumps out a 100 Mb per second. Still, the ping remains btw. 80 - 100. Don't know what to do... Game lags again and again

"If you can, shoot at the rear, if you can't, shoot at the side. Don't bother with the front." 

- US Army General

Currently a SUPERUNICUM in the EU server(EU Server ID - TheMonk_74)

BossArdnutz #4 Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• 28312 battles
  • [4CHT8]
My ping at the moment is 170-190. 80-100 should be very playable as long as you have low packet loss.

Newb179 #5 Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 9399 battles
  • [CPU]
Case in point Fugit Blitz is streaming live from his Asian account with ping of 100 to 120 ms, and he is in the EU. My ping is much lower, but sometimes it's much more than that. He must have a very good internet route.

WatEverHitsMost #6 Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:20 AM

Private

• 3015 battles
  • [DR2FT]

Sometimes I do play on Asia server from EU too. Best I got has been typically 200-250 ms ping and less than 10% packet lost.  Below 150 ms ping would be dream for me.  Playing on NA servers typically is 120-160 ms from EU. 

I use ExpressVPN for both above.  Have not been able to do better yet. 

jWehrw0lf #7 Posted 08 June 2020 - 03:51 PM

Corporal

• 4004 battles
  • [J442G]

I used Express VPN and ping plotter to check the route.

https://postimg.cc/mtQXkfdB
https://postimg.cc/bdSFX2kG
https://postimg.cc/LJ2yZC7f

So it’s clear that VPN helps to reduce number of hops between my router and WoT server. In game it drops the loss almost completely which is a good thing, the bad thing that the ping goes up because the best server for my location is in Japan. So basically I got 250-300 ping without loss instead of 100-150 ping with 10-20 loss. Now I’m thinking about setting up a proxy server. OMG it’s a pain to play online games if the server is not in the country you live in. 

Edited by jWehrw0lf, 08 June 2020 - 03:53 PM.

Newb179 #8 Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 9399 battles
  • [CPU]

It's this that I loathe Wargaming practice of rigidly couple the user account with the server they sign in to play. There is no technical reason to do that other than sheer sadism and greed to consign players to grind multiple times if they want to play outside of the server where they sign up initally. Meanwhile there are many practical and realistic scenario where you want to play outside your home region server:

1. You are an EU player on a business trip to Asia for 2 weeks. Wargaming solution if you want to play Blitz? Sign on to the EU server with questionable connection quality or open Asian / China account and grind from the beginning.

2. You are an Asian student graduating high school and will continue your studies in the NA or EU. You will be staying in college for 10 months of the year. Congratulation Wargaming says. Now open an EU or NA server account and start your grind from tier 1 again. Forget that 3 years Asian account unless you want to play with 0.2 seconds ping and packet losses. After all that Unicum Asian account you have will be played for 2 months in a year, so it's not wasted isn't it??

As I said before, pure greed and sadism if I think positively. Or incompetent if I think negatively.

BossArdnutz #9 Posted 10 June 2020 - 12:23 AM

First Lieutenant

• 28312 battles
  • [4CHT8]
I've heard that the actual servers are owned by separate companies, which might explain it. Maybe it's some kind of tightly-controlled outsourcing deal?

Also tagged with China, ping, loss, connection

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users