T95E2 Pop-Up Offer Worth It?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

P36C #1 Posted 28 May 2020 - 01:23 AM

Corporal

• 20413 battles
  • [ME0W]

Hello Tankers!

What with quarantine, I have enough free time to spend on forums now, so I thought I'd write this review of the T95E2. 

The T95E2 is a variant of the T95 prototype medium tanks that the United States developed during the 1950s. Of the many variants planned, only so many of them were actually built. The T95E2 here was a variant that was actually produced with the M48A2 Patton turret and gun mounted on the T95 chassis. 

The Offer

Currently there is a 24h pop-up offer for the T95E2. There are two options to choose from. 9.99 USD for just the tank, and a few extra dollars for all equipment slots unlocked and an attachment of an eagle. I bought the cheaper one, as I had enough credits to unlock all the slots, and have some left for other uses, but the choice is really up to you. Being so cheap, I bought it, and I really liked it. 

Now on to the tank!

The Armor

• Front: 95mm on the front of the hull combined with extreme sloping rivaling that of Russian mediums mean that the tank is surprisingly bouncy. It will ricochet poorly aimed shots, and severely angled plus hiding your drive wheel, or alternatively, using maximum gun depression, you will bounce almost every shot that comes your way. However, you shouldn't rely on your armor all that much. The lower plate is effectively 110mm, making it a weak point, however it is easy to hide, as it is rather small. 
  • Sides: The side armor is 50mm. This allows it to sidescrape out against medium tanks, and heavy tanks in a pinch. However, 152mm rounds will overmatch the sides, and being a medium tank, again, you shouldn't rely on your armor all the time.
  • Rear: 35mm means that HE rounds will often penetrate. T49s will be licking their lips if they get the opportunity to safely flank you. 

Turret Armor

• Front: 127mm on the turret front means that apart from the turret cheeks, and shots from high penetration guns (ie. the BL-10) the turret is quite reliable. On a ridge line, using up to the -9 degrees of gun depression it has, the turret will ricochet or absorb most rounds it faces. 
  • Sides: 76mm means that if you look away from an opponent, they will easily damage your tank. Try to keep your turret pointed forwards at all times. 
  • Rear: 50mm. Not much to say here, try not to get flanked.
  • CUPOLA: There is a massive commander's cupola on the right side of the turret. However, it has 180mm, so try to bait it and get your opponents to hit the turret. Only direct hits will penetrate the cupola, but DO NOT SIT STILL WHEN HULL DOWN AND EXPOSED. In real life, the cupola had 12mm of armor. 

The Gun

• The 90mm M41E1 is the historically accurate gun of this tank.
  • DPM: With a good crew, Gun Rammer, and provisions, it will pump out about 2400-2500 DPM. The single shot damage is, like most 90mm guns, 225. 
  • Penetration: The penetration on its standard AP rounds are rather lackluster at 180mm. Although it is accurate enough to hit weak points or cupolas, you may need to fire HEAT at times, especially if you want to be influential against Tier IX tanks.
  • Depression/Elevation: Gun depression is -9 degrees, allowing it to work a ridgeline quite well. The M26 Pershing, Centurion, and STA-1 all have 10 degrees however, it is barely noticable. Elevation is 20 degrees, so nothing to worry about there. 
  • Accuracy: The aim time (3.1) and accuracy (0.308) are average. You will hit most shots, guaranteed that you've aimed properly, but you will not be able to snap in shots, or snipe at weak spots, like an M4A1 Rev. Keep in mind that these values are with full provisions and equipment, with a decent crew. 

Mobility

• The top speed of the tank is a bit low at 48 km/h. 
  • Despite weighing a bit less than 45 tons, it has an around 730hp engine, making it quite slow. It's p/w ratio is 16.6, not good, but managable. Your top speed is higher than the Centurion's, but you will be outrun because your engine power is quite low. 
  • Hull Traverse is 66 degrees, enough to react to flanking opponents. 
  • Turret Traverse is 43 degrees, not good, but by no means terrible. 

Other

• The viewrange is 290.0m maxed out, and is better than some light tanks funnily enough. This allows it to spot for itself.
  • It's camoflauge rating is quite low as well, prepare to get spotted at long range. 

Conclusion

So all in all, this is a balanced premium tank with a unique flavor. Relatively good armor for a Tier VIII medium tank, yet it sacrifices mobility for it. I bought the tank for it's unique look and historical significance, but if you are a commander who only cares about how a tank performs, the totally fictional 59-Patton does everything better. However, this offer is very cheap for a Tier VIII, if you've wanted a Tier VIII premium medium, this is probably a good tank for you. I really like how it's balanced and not flat out better than it's tech tree counterpart, such as the Caernarvon AX (probably why it's so cheap). Hope this helped.

Cheers, and stay healthy :D

Edited by P36C, 28 May 2020 - 01:29 AM.

thatwarguy #2 Posted 28 May 2020 - 06:50 PM

Sergeant

• 1650 battles
  • [LIONS]
Since I am too poor to buy it and try it I will just link a video to Pantouflee's review, according to him it's kinda bad.

"GG"  - thatwarguy, In-Game Chat, Encounter/Supremacy/Rating Battle, World of Tanks Blitz.

(Wait... I'm a unicum now?) (I have a 20% winrate in Tier 8 LMAO)

P36C #3 Posted 28 May 2020 - 09:47 PM

Corporal

• 20413 battles
  • [ME0W]

View Postthatwarguy, on 28 May 2020 - 10:50 AM, said:

Since I am too poor to buy it and try it I will just link a video to Pantouflee's review, according to him it's kinda bad.

To be fair, while I don't dislike Pantouflee, I'm not a fan, and I have to say, when he says a tank is bad, it's balanced. 

__iTATi__ #4 Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4077 battles
  • [ABOTS]
Seen a lot of these in battle and they are easily dealt with. Common theme among people I know that have it and face it is - they are not good at all.

__iTATi__ #5 Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4077 battles
  • [ABOTS]

View PostP36C, on 28 May 2020 - 09:47 PM, said:

To be fair, while I don't dislike Pantouflee, I'm not a fan, and I have to say, when he says a tank is bad, it's balanced. 

I think his opinions on tanks are not bad but I agree in that I am not a fan of Pantouflee. He uses colorful language as you saw in that video and it is not needed. Always using the F word and then the R word when hoping not to get a bad team. Kids play this game and will watch youtube vids of the game - so not sure why he feels it is a good idea to be like that.

Aky_Seargent #6 Posted 29 May 2020 - 10:30 AM

Sergeant

• 1529 battles

Man i dont care about these tanks. Anyways, I am not going to buy them! I am a player who just doesn't spend money on games. I just look at these tanks so that i can find out what thier weak spots are which helps me in the game..

Now on Pantouflee(it took me a while to get the correct pronunciation of this name!). I dont know anything about this youtuber. According to the people who have posted here, they consider this youtuber bad. Dont know why, cause i dont even know about this one... Lot of youtube vid uploaders out there....

FACT - on youtube, approx. 5 hours of vid is uploaded every minute... That's why I dont know anything about these uploaders

Edited by Aky_Seargent, 29 May 2020 - 10:30 AM.

"If you can, shoot at the rear, if you can't, shoot at the side. Don't bother with the front." 

- US Army General

Currently a SUPERUNICUM in the EU server(EU Server ID - TheMonk_74)

P36C #7 Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:10 AM

Corporal

• 20413 battles
  • [ME0W]

View Post__iTATi__, on 28 May 2020 - 11:14 PM, said:

Seen a lot of these in battle and they are easily dealt with. Common theme among people I know that have it and face it is - they are not good at all.

After about 30 battles in the tank, my opinion ATM is they are good in a defensive position, ie) hulldown, exposing only their upper glacis at an angle, and moving to make sure they miss your cupola. The moment you become aggressive, your tank will fail you. It rewards patience for sure though, I like it. 

P36C #8 Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:24 AM

Corporal

• 20413 battles
  • [ME0W]

View Post__iTATi__, on 28 May 2020 - 11:30 PM, said:

I think his opinions on tanks are not bad but I agree in that I am not a fan of Pantouflee. He uses colorful language as you saw in that video and it is not needed. Always using the F word and then the R word when hoping not to get a bad team. Kids play this game and will watch youtube vids of the game - so not sure why he feels it is a good idea to be like that.

As for Pantouflee, excuse me if I am a bit rude to some players, but I think he appeals to the less experienced people in WoTB. Lower WR players like to blame their performance on OP tanks, etc, and part of it would be true, but skill will be able to defeat OP tanks more often than not. Pantouflee often rudely makes fun of and rages at WG, a bit too much than necessary, which I suppose those people would enjoy, hell he even bothers to rage on WG's official videos' comment sections. Of course, if you are not good at something you do not want to be told that. You would want to hear that your mediocre performance is not your fault. Pantouflee gives his audience just that, and his audience ends up only hearing what they want to hear, not what they should be hearing. While I won't claim to be an excellent player myself, because I'm not, I understand much of my bad performance is my fault. Pantouflee gives his audience controversy and exactly what some people want to hear. I'm not a fan of him for just that, he is spreading negativity and toxicity, hate among the community, and we all know what chat is like already. 

Edited by P36C, 30 May 2020 - 02:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users