Ping and Loss counter issue

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

jWehrw0lf #1 Posted 26 May 2020 - 03:27 AM

Corporal

• 4617 battles
  • [J442G]
I remember that in previous versions of the game there was a ping indicator in the garage. So you can check it before starting the game. For now it only appears with notification “unstable connection”. But most important is to see actual ping numbers not the message “unstable connection”. Then you join the game and see ping and loss numbers. Firstly it is kind of late to get this info because you are in game already and if ping is high you can’t do anything but lose. Secondly I experienced a lot of situations when ping and loss were displayed as something like okay (For example Ping 100 Loss 2%) but all of a sudden the lags and glitches like going through textures, freezing, moving forward getting damage and being unable to control the tank just ruined the game. So how does that ping and loss meter work and why the developers removed one from the garage?

thatwarguy #2 Posted 27 May 2020 - 05:26 AM

Sergeant

• 1786 battles
  • [LIONS]
I personally agree with that, a ping & loss counter in the garage (or atleast in the settings or some other related tab) will be good to forecast when it is high-time to join a game.

"GG"  - thatwarguy, In-Game Chat, Encounter/Supremacy/Rating Battle, World of Tanks Blitz.

(What happened to tier 4? I need more seals to club in my Tier 5!) (I'm a fookin' unicum in my BDR and T1 Heavy.)

thatwarguy #3 Posted 27 May 2020 - 05:29 AM

Sergeant

• 1786 battles
  • [LIONS]

View PostjWehrw0lf, on 26 May 2020 - 07:27 AM, said:

So how does that ping and loss meter work 

It works by showing how well you are connected to the server, it usually depends on how fast and how strong your internet connection is. High ping/loss = Flying/falling out of the map, Low ping + controlled loss = On the ground, affected by gravity. Good connection = low ping, bad connection = high ping

Edited by thatwarguy, 27 May 2020 - 05:31 AM.

"GG"  - thatwarguy, In-Game Chat, Encounter/Supremacy/Rating Battle, World of Tanks Blitz.

(What happened to tier 4? I need more seals to club in my Tier 5!) (I'm a fookin' unicum in my BDR and T1 Heavy.)

jWehrw0lf #4 Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:45 AM

Corporal

• 4617 battles
  • [J442G]

View Postthatwarguy, on 27 May 2020 - 05:29 AM, said:

It works by showing how well you are connected to the server, it usually depends on how fast and how strong your internet connection is. High ping/loss = Flying/falling out of the map, Low ping + controlled loss = On the ground, affected by gravity. Good connection = low ping, bad connection = high ping

The thing is that even when the numbers are good I have a freezing tank or going through the textures. It seems like it’s not showing real time ping and loss. 

thatwarguy #5 Posted 30 May 2020 - 09:01 AM

Sergeant

• 1786 battles
  • [LIONS]

View PostjWehrw0lf, on 29 May 2020 - 11:45 AM, said:

The thing is that even when the numbers are good I have a freezing tank or going through the textures. It seems like it’s not showing real time ping and loss. 

It might be a sudden ping spike.

Aky_Seargent #6 Posted 31 May 2020 - 01:48 PM

Sergeant

• 1618 battles
Ping is definitely an issue with the asia server, even though with an internet connection that pumps out 100 mbs per second. Idk if the mbps matters, but if it does, I shouldn't have any of these issues right now. 

"If you can, shoot at the rear, if you can't, shoot at the side. Don't bother with the front." 

- US Army General

Currently a UNICUM in the EU server(Formerly a SUPERUNICUM) (EU Server ID - TheMonk_74)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users