Add new guns to sheridan as a second option!

#T49DerpOnSheridan #105mmOnSheridan #(SecondGunChoice)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

KeoPlaysWOTB #1 Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:44 AM

Private

• 25721 battles
  • [R0GUE]
So, since the sheridan’s 152 mm has been nerfed (ATGM gun) why dont wargaming add a 105mm gun on the sheridan just like on wot PC, or maybe the T49 gun but a little buffed. I am not of course suggesting to remove the missile gun I’m just saying probably add these 2 suggested guns as a second option because I’m not really a fan of using the missiles so I’d like a fast tank with like a 105 or T49 derp tank at tier 10. Yes I know that the Vickers Light is coming but then not everyone is going to grind for that and let’s say they have the sheridan in their garage. So yeah just a suggestion.

__iTATi__ #2 Posted 23 May 2020 - 02:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 4282 battles
  • [ABOTS]
Just remove the missiles - the other guns by themselves are just fine. That goes for the tier 9 too.

BossArdnutz #3 Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:58 PM

First Lieutenant

• 28542 battles
  • [4CHT8]
Wish they'd make the missiles LOS-only. I've been playing the T92E1 like that, and it's great fun guiding the missile in sniper view to pen a JPE's cheeks from halfway across the map, or send one skimming along just above the ground then popping up into the lower plate of some other lumbering behemoth. I don't even feel like I'm cheating, which I still find is a problem when using arcade view and free-look to Copperhead some poor bugger from my hiding place on the far side of a hill.

Even better, is that of all the shots I've made that way, and all the missile lovers say LOS-only would make them useless because you have to expose yourself, and you know how many times I've been shot at (never mind actually taken a hit) while guiding in sniper view?

Not once.

In fact, most of the time, I haven't even been spotted.

If they made those missiles LOS-only, speed them up to 350m/s, and have them back the high pen and big damage, I reckon they could do away with the broke-[edited] APCR entirely and it'd still be a damn useful tank, with a truly unique play style.

P36C #4 Posted 25 May 2020 - 07:10 PM

Corporal

• 20771 battles
  • [ME0W]

View PostBossArdnutz, on 23 May 2020 - 02:58 PM, said:

Wish they'd make the missiles LOS-only. I've been playing the T92E1 like that, and it's great fun guiding the missile in sniper view to pen a JPE's cheeks from halfway across the map, or send one skimming along just above the ground then popping up into the lower plate of some other lumbering behemoth. I don't even feel like I'm cheating, which I still find is a problem when using arcade view and free-look to Copperhead some poor bugger from my hiding place on the far side of a hill.

Even better, is that of all the shots I've made that way, and all the missile lovers say LOS-only would make them useless because you have to expose yourself, and you know how many times I've been shot at (never mind actually taken a hit) while guiding in sniper view?

Not once.

In fact, most of the time, I haven't even been spotted.

If they made those missiles LOS-only, speed them up to 350m/s, and have them back the high pen and big damage, I reckon they could do away with the broke-[edited] APCR entirely and it'd still be a damn useful tank, with a truly unique play style.

I agree, it really is fun to use missiles in sniper mode, so satisfying how you guide it in, and I like that idea of only missiles. People will complain, but if it only had missiles and in sniper mode only, it will be far from OP. Camping will need exceptional skill because of the terrible missile velocity and the time it takes for them to hit at long range, and the tank will be vulnerable when guiding the missiles because it must expose itself for a direct line of sight. Hiding behind hard cover won't work, because the missiles will only work in sniper mode, and will fly off to where it was pointed at before the commander left sniper mode. The only advanced tactic I can think of is pulling back behind a bush until it's no longer transparent which preserves your HP pool, then guiding the missile towards a already spotted target, but let's be honest, that won't be easy. In exchange for all the drawbacks, it can have ultra high penetration.

How about the Raketenjagdpanzer series for a start? A thirds German TD line of West German missile armed TD from the 1960s which could branch off the Sturer Emil or the Rhm. B. Waffentrager. They would fit in perfectly at Tier VIII-X, with paper armor, decent mobility, and missiles. The SS.11 missiles they carried can penetrate 600mm of armor, which won't be acceptable, so I'd say 300 at Tier VIII, 350 at Tier IX, and 400 at Tier X if they implement these. They will only carry HEAT (because missiles), and premium rounds will not be needed, adding to skill, as HEAT will be absorbed by spaced armor and external modules. The Raketenjagdpanzer 1 at Tier VIII, Raketenjagdpanzer 2 at Tier IX, and the Raketenjagdpanzer 3  Jaguar 1 at Tier X will work, I think.

Edited by P36C, 25 May 2020 - 07:31 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users