Idea for light tank rework

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Nomnom_51 #1 Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:39 AM

Private

• 19949 battles
  • [-47-]

WG should bring in similar light tank stats into blitz from pc. What I think is that lights should have nerfed health in return for higher view range and better gun handling e.g. reduce batchat hp to 1400 but reduce dispersion and improve view range to ~350m, along with a buff to camo values. This should give lights a more defined role for spotting rather than currently being a fast medium with reduced armour. While the hp nerf seems high, the whole point of driving a light tank is to not get hit, so the nerf isn’t too bad, and the spotting range buff should help lights be able to flank with more ease.

On another note, we’ve also been complaining about the Sheridan and t92e1. This change would make it easier to kill them and they should be less of a problem (though personally I want a armour nerf to 20mm all over, bcoz fk their spaced armour, along with a nerf to dispersion for the t92).

While WG seem to be introducing more lights, this change should give them more reason to add more of the class to high tiers and should also be an improvement to light tank gameplay.

ownin #2 Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:13 AM

Corporal

• 1266 battles
  • [CASUL]

tier 8s especially are just broken. If an RU or t49 fight a same tier med they just win. same hp, Higher damage output and controls the fight because of mobility. 

I don't think theres any way to change them into actual scouts though, just because scouting is hardly relevant when bushes are so weak and the maps are so small

ankitgusai19 #3 Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• 53383 battles
  • [SMRT]

Most of the blitz maps are 750 x 750 meters, and then there are inaccessible areas and spawn. Giving a tank 350 meters view range is tricky.

I personally think there should not be two different categories but the only 'medium' type should exist. Then a medium exclusive camo net equipment should be made available which is a reworked version of the current camo net. In that camo rating should be a function of vehicle's height, weight, engine power, gun caliber(relevant when firing), and speed at any given time.

I also think that the view range should be divided into two segments. i.e., A tank having a 300 meters view range should only be able to identify enemy tank details up to 250 meters, beyond that, up to 300 meters it should only be able to see the tank but no detail(not even an actual model of the tank but a rather a 3d tank figure) 

Edited by ankitgusai19, 22 May 2020 - 06:57 AM.

__iTATi__ #4 Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:53 AM

Sergeant

• 2556 battles
  • [ABOTS]
According to Dogger, the incoming Brit light tanks will be close to what you are suggesting. He says that WG essentially wants 3 classes of LT. The derpy type, the autocannons and then these which will have best in class view range and much better guns for sniping. 

P36C #5 Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:56 PM

Corporal

• 18255 battles
  • [ME0W]

View PostNomnom_51, on 21 May 2020 - 07:39 PM, said:

WG should bring in similar light tank stats into blitz from pc. What I think is that lights should have nerfed health in return for higher view range and better gun handling e.g. reduce batchat hp to 1400 but reduce dispersion and improve view range to ~350m, along with a buff to camo values. This should give lights a more defined role for spotting rather than currently being a fast medium with reduced armour. While the hp nerf seems high, the whole point of driving a light tank is to not get hit, so the nerf isn’t too bad, and the spotting range buff should help lights be able to flank with more ease.

On another note, we’ve also been complaining about the Sheridan and t92e1. This change would make it easier to kill them and they should be less of a problem (though personally I want a armour nerf to 20mm all over, bcoz fk their spaced armour, along with a nerf to dispersion for the t92).

While WG seem to be introducing more lights, this change should give them more reason to add more of the class to high tiers and should also be an improvement to light tank gameplay.

I like that idea, but 350m view range in a relatively small map will be tricky to balance. In addition, tanks like the Leopard 1 will become largely irrelevant, as it bridges the gap between mediums and lights. The changes you are suggesting will make the Leopard 1 stronger in a way due to it's HP advantage over true LTs, but it will make it weaker as well because it will lose it's accuracy advantage, which it revolves around. Maybe when in a few or several years when Blitz has potentially bigger maps, LTs may be reworked along the whole tech tree. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users