Game UI is way too big.

Surface book 2 User Interface Disproportionate Windows 10 PC

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

11Chris_P55 #1 Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:31 AM

Private

• 8975 battles
  • [HYENA]

The user interface (UI) is disproportionately big. 

When I play on steam the UI is the correct size for a PC. However, when playing on wot blitz from the microsoft store, it's like an enlarged mobile version played on PC. It's almost impossible to play with this large UI. Maybe it's because I'm using a Surface Book 2 (2 in 1 laptop). Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any way to fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

P.s. Sometimes I get really lucky and the UI becomes small like it's supposed to. But I've been playing daily for 2 months on this platform and I've only been able to get it that small once. 

P.p.s I quit playing on steam because the fps kept fluctuating. Windows 10 is much more stable.

Attached Files

• Attached File   Smaller UI (Ideal).jpg   267.08K
  • Attached File   How it usually is.jpg   265.44K

Aky_Seargent #2 Posted 21 May 2020 - 01:38 PM

Sergeant

• 1592 battles
Sane with me, but I just ignore it. Anyways, it doesn't affect my battles, right? Also see in the enlarged UI image, there is the Spring Season tab, beside the side bar, which was not there in the Small UI image. Maybe that has to do with something that causes this error?

Edited by Aky_Seargent, 21 May 2020 - 01:38 PM.

"If you can, shoot at the rear, if you can't, shoot at the side. Don't bother with the front." 

- US Army General

Currently a UNICUM in the EU server(Formerly a SUPERUNICUM) (EU Server ID - TheMonk_74)

__iTATi__ #3 Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles
  • [ABOTS]

try to click out of full screen mode in settings and mess with the window size- does that make any difference?

When i play in full screen mode - my FPS really struggles but when i use non-fullscreen mode but then make the game window basically the same size as full screen - it runs better. Odd i know

BossArdnutz #4 Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• 29856 battles
  • [-IT-]
In Windows desktop, change the display scaling to 100 or 125%. Your UI looks the same as mine (I like it that way due to my poor eyesight) and my desktop scaling is set to 150%.

Sadly it's not possible to change the scaling for a specific app; it's a global seeing that affects all Windows store apps.

11Chris_P55 #5 Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:08 AM

Private

• 8975 battles
  • [HYENA]

View Post__iTATi__, on 21 May 2020 - 05:37 PM, said:

try to click out of full screen mode in settings and mess with the window size- does that make any difference?

When i play in full screen mode - my FPS really struggles but when i use non-fullscreen mode but then make the game window basically the same size as full screen - it runs better. Odd i know

I tried this but it doesn't work. The enlarged UI just stays the same. 

View PostBossArdnutz, on 21 May 2020 - 11:04 PM, said:

In Windows desktop, change the display scaling to 100 or 125%. Your UI looks the same as mine (I like it that way due to my poor eyesight) and my desktop scaling is set to 150%.

Sadly it's not possible to change the scaling for a specific app; it's a global seeing that affects all Windows store apps.

This doesn't work for me either :( If you lower your desktop scaling, does that change the UI in game for you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users