Get the Tiger 1 or stay and get churchill 7/ M6/ Jackson.

Tiger 1 tier 7 Tier 6

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

thatwarguy #1 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:52 PM

Sergeant

• 1786 battles
  • [LIONS]

Hello, I am a sort of average player which has played slightly above 1k battles and has a 51 percent-ish winrate. I am in touching distance of getting the Tiger 1, a tier 7 which could be my first tier 7 ever, but I have also been thinking of staying in tier 6 and get either the churchill 7, M6, or Jackson, Churchill because hitpoints, M6 because it succeeds the T1 heavy which is my favorite, and Jackson because I am having a blast in the Wolverine. I want to know if I have enough skill to go on the tiger or not, if i am not eligible then should I go for the churchill 7, M6, or Jackson? (PS I like tanks with good armor and a good gun, mobility isn't in my criteria but it should atleast get in the battle alongside teammates quick.) so should I wait and get my Tiger 1, or stay and get either of the 3 tier 6 tanks I have mentioned, any ideas?

Notice: this thread is useless now, I already made my choice, new posts will no longer be acknowledged.

Edited by thatwarguy, 03 June 2020 - 08:34 AM.

"GG"  - thatwarguy, In-Game Chat, Encounter/Supremacy/Rating Battle, World of Tanks Blitz.

(What happened to tier 4? I need more seals to club in my Tier 5!) (I'm a fookin' unicum in my BDR and T1 Heavy.)

erwin10001 #2 Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:46 PM

Captain

• 49133 battles
  • [NETS]

View Postthatwarguy, on 20 May 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:

Hello, I am a sort of average player which is nearing 1k battles and has a 50 percent-ish winrate. I am in touching distance of getting the Tiger 1, a tier 7 which could be my first tier 7 ever, but I have also been thinking of staying in tier 6 and get either the churchill 7, M6, or Jackson, Churchill because hitpoints, M6 because it succeeds the T1 heavy which is my favorite, and Jackson because I am having a blast in the Wolverine. I want to know if I have enough skill to go on the tiger or not, if i am not eligible then should I go for the churchill 7, M6, or Jackson? (PS I like tanks with good armor and a good gun, mobility isn't in my criteria but it should atleast get in the battle alongside teammates quick.) so should I wait and get my Tiger 1, or stay and get either of the 3 tier 6 tanks I have mentioned, any ideas?

vk36.01 is one of the most OP tanks in tier 6 at the moment.  if you are doing well in it, it shows you understand German HT and will probably be ok with Tiger. Otherwise, continue practising with vk36.

thatwarguy #3 Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:20 PM

Sergeant

• 1786 battles
  • [LIONS]

View Posterwin10001, on 20 May 2020 - 07:46 PM, said:

vk36.01 is one of the most OP tanks in tier 6 at the moment.  if you are doing well in it, it shows you understand German HT and will probably be ok with Tiger. Otherwise, continue practising with vk36.

Yes I am doing quite well but it is painful to play it because of getting a negative amount of credits even in great battles, so I don't play that much and instead grind on the ARL 44 or other tier 5s to make up for my credit loss. So I only play if I feel rich or just trying to grind XP for the Tiger 1, thanks for your reply btw. 

"GG"  - thatwarguy, In-Game Chat, Encounter/Supremacy/Rating Battle, World of Tanks Blitz.

(What happened to tier 4? I need more seals to club in my Tier 5!) (I'm a fookin' unicum in my BDR and T1 Heavy.)

Aky_Seargent #4 Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:36 PM

Sergeant

• 1592 battles

Some great person once gave this advice to me on US TDs - 

US TD lines are quite unique because their Tier VIs are both turreted with differing characteristics.

Hellcats have been praised and respected because it has mobility, good gun depression with decent mantlet and a nasty 90mm gun with decent DPM and gun handling. However, it has tissue paper for armor and rarely if ever survives if pushed into a 1v1 brawl with most tanks in its spread apart from casemate TDs, and even then some of those can just delete you from the match with their HE rounds (SU/ISU-152s for example). Therefore this tank encourages you to be a shoot and scoot player; go after distracted targets from the side and rear, unload several 200 average alpha shots, and then either move in and secure the kill or move away once you see their guns turning towards you and repeat the process from a different angle.

Jackson trades the mobility for better armor. While not up to scratch for medium tank standards, at least you will be a difficult tank to one-shot with HE, and mobility wise it`s not that bad either. With some pre-planning you can reposition quickly enough to make a difference, and the armor allows you to play ersatz medium tank with 90mm gun in a pinch; DO NOT however, make that a habit as the poor side armor and slow turret rotation time can get you killed in a brawl against real medium tanks. Even so, I do think it still makes a nice pairing with mediums in a wolfpack, sniping any targets they spotted from a second-line position where you`re not too far away to get in there and provide direct support and share HP pool if needed, or pair up with heavies and provide flank protection. 

Another advantage to the turreted TDs is that they can move their turrets only and track targets without having to lose and reset camo, thus delaying detection by the red team.

"If you can, shoot at the rear, if you can't, shoot at the side. Don't bother with the front." 

- US Army General

Currently a UNICUM in the EU server(Formerly a SUPERUNICUM) (EU Server ID - TheMonk_74)

thatwarguy #5 Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:49 PM

Sergeant

• 1786 battles
  • [LIONS]

View PostAky_Seargent, on 20 May 2020 - 08:36 PM, said

Jackson trades the mobility for better armor. While not up to scratch for medium tank standards, at least you will be a difficult tank to one-shot with HE, and mobility wise it`s not that bad either. With some pre-planning you can reposition quickly enough to make a difference, and the armor allows you to play ersatz medium tank with 90mm gun in a pinch; DO NOT however, make that a habit as the poor side armor and slow turret rotation time can get you killed in a brawl against real medium tanks. Even so, I do think it still makes a nice pairing with mediums in a wolfpack, sniping any targets they spotted from a second-line position where you`re not too far away to get in there and provide direct support and share HP pool if needed, or pair up with heavies and provide flank protection.

That's what I want, An armored TD which has decent mobility, survivability, damage and it has a turret, I have gained some experience using it's characteristics by playing it's predecessor, the Wolverine, which helped me know more about how to use a turreted TD and the T1 heavy, which taught me how to utilize the frontal armor and how to angle (T1 heavy is my first tier 5), but I am thinking that I will do better with other lines like the German, American, and British Heavy line, but the TD line is interesting me. 

Aky_Seargent #6 Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:47 AM

Sergeant

• 1592 battles

View Postthatwarguy, on 20 May 2020 - 09:20 PM, said:

Yes I am doing quite well but it is painful to play it because of getting a negative amount of credits even in great battles, so I don't play that much and instead grind on the ARL 44 or other tier 5s to make up for my credit loss. So I only play if I feel rich or just trying to grind XP for the Tiger 1, thanks for your reply btw. 

and i think you get negative credits because you must(just guessing here)use a lot of provisions and camos. So, i suggest you remove them untill you get more experienced.

Edit - You have now reached 1k battles!! Good job

Edited by Aky_Seargent, 21 May 2020 - 10:48 AM.

"If you can, shoot at the rear, if you can't, shoot at the side. Don't bother with the front." 

- US Army General

Currently a UNICUM in the EU server(Formerly a SUPERUNICUM) (EU Server ID - TheMonk_74)

ownin #7 Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:54 AM

Corporal

• 2848 battles
  • [NZAJA]
stay away from the Churchill 7 its an absolutely terrible tank 

thatwarguy #8 Posted 21 May 2020 - 02:12 PM

Sergeant

• 1786 battles
  • [LIONS]

View PostAky_Seargent, on 21 May 2020 - 02:47 PM, said:

and i think you get negative credits because you must(just guessing here)use a lot of provisions and camos. So, i suggest you remove them untill you get more experienced.

Edit - You have now reached 1k battles!! Good job

OK, I will try removing the camos, but I will keep some provisions, because I am terrible without provisions. Thanks for congratulating me.

View Postownin, on 21 May 2020 - 02:54 PM, said:

stay away from the Churchill 7 its an absolutely terrible tank 

So move and get the Tiger 1, or stay and get the M6 or Jackson in that case. Thanks for your opinion. I would also like to hear more reasons why the Churchill is garbage.

Aky_Seargent #9 Posted 21 May 2020 - 03:00 PM

Sergeant

• 1592 battles
Don't know about that, but in my opinion, the V tier(not the other ones) Churchill(I have this tank, so I can be biased), is between the good and the bad here. Armor can be penned, but not if you keep jiggling, good gun for tier V, but like many HTs, slow. Another thing, the tier VII british HT is cool, name is Black Prince. I would definitely want to try that out

Edited by Aky_Seargent, 21 May 2020 - 03:03 PM.

- US Army General

thatwarguy #10 Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:53 PM

Sergeant

• 1786 battles
  • [LIONS]
If I continue to still stay in this limbo state of not making a choice then eventually I will get enough credits to get all of them at once, I already have like 1.5 million credits in my piggy bank :trollface:.

Edited by thatwarguy, 21 May 2020 - 05:55 PM.

ownin #11 Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:52 PM

Corporal

• 2848 battles
  • [NZAJA]

View Postthatwarguy, on 21 May 2020 - 02:12 PM, said:

So move and get the Tiger 1, or stay and get the M6 or Jackson in that case. Thanks for your opinion. I would also like to hear more reasons why the Churchill is garbage.

I'm also new to blitz but ive got 20k games on pc but so far I've been going very wide on the teck tree, so doing i can't even count how many lines because i can. So i'd say get an m6, not sure about jackson but its basically a tier 6 wolverine. The m6 has a really long stock grind for the gun though.

The Churchill 7 is an absolutely terrible tank because its essentially just a Churchill 1 with much stronger competition and the same gun at tier 6 with a second off the reload. And slower. And its supposed to get armour in return but the hitbox extends to the tracks unlike any other tank in the game so you can be penetrated and tracked frontally reliably making that worthless.

__iTATi__ #12 Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles
  • [ABOTS]

I didnt find either Churchill that bad tbh. Both are not keepers for sure but i think i ended up with 70+ in both. Also, i fully upgraded and had the Black Prince unlocked after just 19 battles in the Vii. I might have used one of those research certificates tho (cant remember). The Black Prince is certainly worth the grind. Could always just use your boosters and x2 each day.

Also, the Tiger P is better than the Tiger I. M6 is also a great HT at tier 6. The Germans are a bit better though. M6 leads to the hulldown monster T29 and the Germans lead to the Tiger II which is OP at tier 7 right now. 

Just get them all dude lol

Edited by __iTATi__, 22 May 2020 - 05:54 AM.

__iTATi__ #13 Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles
  • [ABOTS]
Also, i prefer Hellcat over Jackson but either will be a challenge. You are coming up against derpy tier 6 and 7 tanks. I would suggest using HTs in those tiers before anything else.

thatwarguy #14 Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:00 AM

Sergeant

• 1786 battles
  • [LIONS]

View Post__iTATi__, on 22 May 2020 - 09:49 AM, said:

Just get them all dude lol

I will if i don't make a choice in the future :P

thatwarguy #15 Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:02 AM

Sergeant

• 1786 battles
  • [LIONS]

View Post__iTATi__, on 22 May 2020 - 10:22 AM, said:

Also, i prefer Hellcat over Jackson but either will be a challenge. You are coming up against derpy tier 6 and 7 tanks. I would suggest using HTs in those tiers before anything else.

I keep on hearing that the hellcat is for the skilled players that know how to use the mobility, but for me I prefer armor over mobility and Jackson is what I prefer. 

Edited by thatwarguy, 22 May 2020 - 10:18 AM.

thatwarguy #16 Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:16 AM

Sergeant

• 1786 battles
  • [LIONS]

I also forgot about this: Nashorn or jg.pz.IV? 

I am able to buy that as well but I am not sure I can still be competitive in those tanks so I want to see which tank is better and if it is worth throwing it in to my choices, so a recommendation would be nice :great:. Btw I love my StuG (after revisiting my old tanks I suddenly realized my StuG was really my first Tier 5, and not the T1 heavy, sorry StuG) and I want to see which of the following TDs are good. 

Edited by thatwarguy, 22 May 2020 - 12:11 PM.

__iTATi__ #17 Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles
  • [ABOTS]
The JG in my opinion though both are good. The JG is more similar to the Stug. Great fast firing gun and trollish armor. The Nash has better Alpha and is more the snipey type. Th JG can be used more aggressively.

thatwarguy #18 Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:44 PM

Sergeant

• 1786 battles
  • [LIONS]

Update: I thought "Oh to hell with it" and bought the Tiger 1 and, well, it's awesome, I have some great performances (one with mastery class 1) in it but I can't share my screenshots for some reason :confused:.

View Post__iTATi__, on 23 May 2020 - 09:22 AM, said:

The JG in my opinion though both are good. The JG is more similar to the Stug. Great fast firing gun and trollish armor. The Nash has better Alpha and is more the snipey type. Th JG can be used more aggressively.

I snipe in my StuG so Nashorn, out with the churchill, in with the Nashorn. 

Edited by thatwarguy, 23 May 2020 - 12:49 PM.

__iTATi__ #19 Posted 25 May 2020 - 04:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles
  • [ABOTS]

View Postthatwarguy, on 23 May 2020 - 12:44 PM, said:

Update: I thought "Oh to hell with it" and bought the Tiger 1 and, well, it's awesome, I have some great performances (one with mastery class 1) in it but I can't share my screenshots for some reason :confused:.

I snipe in my StuG so Nashorn, out with the churchill, in with the Nashorn. 

Make sure you hide that huge lower plate on the Tiger 1. Massive weakspot. It does have great mobility for a HT though. I do recommend getting the Tiger P too which is even better in my opinion.

Edited by __iTATi__, 25 May 2020 - 04:22 AM.

thatwarguy #20 Posted 25 May 2020 - 08:06 PM

Sergeant

• 1786 battles
  • [LIONS]

View Post__iTATi__, on 25 May 2020 - 08:22 AM, said:

Make sure you hide that huge lower plate on the Tiger 1. Massive weakspot. .

Angling my tank while moving back and forth is surprisingly the antidote to lower plate troubles, to most of my adversaries.

View Post__iTATi__, on 25 May 2020 - 08:22 AM, said:

I do recommend getting the Tiger P too which is even better in my opinion.

I don't want to try the 30.01 p, weak armor from what I know :sceptic:, and being a heavy tank user (look at my stats on blitzstars) I have little experience with mobility (except on tanks like the T1 and the tiger), and it might take another 1 month to get the xp and credits to research and buy the 30.01 P and an additional 2 months to scrape enough credits and xp to research and buy the Tiger P. I have invested a lot in the Tiger I. But I might give it a shot when I start pursuing the Maus.

Edited by thatwarguy, 25 May 2020 - 08:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users