BlitzAnalysis.com new site stats statistics

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Lord_Melchett #61 Posted 12 March 2021 - 01:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• 44968 battles
  • [1914]

Thanks, Jylpah, very interesting.

I've only played 6, 7 and 8 in the new Czech medium line.  The Skoda at tier 6 I thought performed quite well, but then having burst damage at tier 6 is less common, and so can be relatively more effective, than at other tiers.

Tier 7 and 8 tanks have been severely underwhelming for me, tracking significantly below my win rate at these tiers.  It's subjective, but I feel that the teams at the moment mean that I have to play front line a lot more than I would prefer with these armourless tanks ... and I'm paying the price in losses.

Jylpah #62 Posted 12 March 2021 - 08:29 AM

Sergeant

• 19754 battles
  • [SKUX]

View PostLord_Melchett, on 12 March 2021 - 03:51 AM, said:

Thanks, Jylpah, very interesting.

I've only played 6, 7 and 8 in the new Czech medium line.  The Skoda at tier 6 I thought performed quite well, but then having burst damage at tier 6 is less common, and so can be relatively more effective, than at other tiers.

Tier 7 and 8 tanks have been severely underwhelming for me, tracking significantly below my win rate at these tiers.  It's subjective, but I feel that the teams at the moment mean that I have to play front line a lot more than I would prefer with these armourless tanks ... and I'm paying the price in losses.

I had very similar experiences. I "Force-ground" through those tanks hoping the TVP would be  nirvana. :facepalm: One should relate to Blitz like to life in general - you should enjoy the journey, not just the end result.

When I played the tier VI Skoda, the teams had 4 +4 Skodas and the battles were all but normal. I am expecting the situation the settle and the stats the normalize during 7.8. But what I really dislike with the Czechoslovakian tanks is the combination of sluggishness and poor armor. I do not like the play style.

Blitzanalysiz.com - In-depth analysis of Blitz game statistics  

Jylpah/blitz-tools      Python tools to upload and analyze replays
Jylpah[SKUX] @Asia       Jylpah[AFK] @EU       

BossArdnutz #63 Posted 13 March 2021 - 05:10 AM

First Lieutenant

• 39307 battles
  • [-IT-]
I didn't mind the tier 6, it reminded me a bit of the Chi-Ri (slow & paper with great burst potential). Tier 7 was ok, nice alpha, nothing special though. Tier 8 is pretty awful, it'd be workable with 8 degrees gun depression or better gun handling but as it stands... I'll be trying to get it to 50% WR and then I won't play it again.

Jylpah #64 Posted 13 March 2021 - 11:14 AM

Sergeant

• 19754 battles
  • [SKUX]

View PostBossArdnutz, on 13 March 2021 - 07:10 AM, said:

I didn't mind the tier 6, it reminded me a bit of the Chi-Ri (slow & paper with great burst potential). Tier 7 was ok, nice alpha, nothing special though. Tier 8 is pretty awful, it'd be workable with 8 degrees gun depression or better gun handling but as it stands... I'll be trying to get it to 50% WR and then I won't play it again.

I think it is a bad experience to do what I did and grind a new tank when all the battles have 3-4 of the same on both the sides. I should just wait for update or two and start grinding the tanks later after the situation has settled. It is the playstyle I dislike. Those tanks are support tanks and when you have too many support tanks on the teams, the battles are not that fun since the playbase rarely understands how to adapt the gameplay to the lineup.

Jylpah #65 Posted 13 March 2021 - 08:49 PM

Sergeant

• 19754 battles
  • [SKUX]

New blog post: Vehicle Class imbalance

Vehicle Class (Im)Balance

I my view, the game became more boring after WG added Vehicle Class Matching rules into the MatchMaker (update 5.1). The exact vehicle class matching rules have been adjusted since, but basically the Vehicle Class Matching limits the number of Tank Destroyers and Light Tanks per team and makes sure there is only +/-1 tank difference between the teams across the vehicle classes. This results mirrored teams causing monotonic battles. In my view, most of the vehicle class matching rules should be abolished, but I know well how I am in the minority here.

plot of chunk fig_tanks_all_Relative_WR_topN

But the MM is not the main story of this post, but a long intro to the issue at hand - the imbalance of the vehicle classes in the game. I believe WG tried to solve fundamentally a balancing issue through the Vehicle Class Matching -rules. And while there is a logic in their thinking, they could have fixed the root cause instead and do better job balancing the tanks. When looking at the best performing tanks chart above, you can notice how light tanks are completely missing from the list and how the mediums are severely under presented. Heavies and heavily armored TDs rule.

Continue reading at BlitzAnalysiz.com

BossArdnutz #66 Posted 14 March 2021 - 01:12 AM

First Lieutenant

• 39307 battles
  • [-IT-]

I saw your comment on the EU forum about the leKpz 41, it doesn't surprise me it's the worst tier 8 light. The tank's characteristics tell the story:

In particular, the combination of poor on-the-move accuracy, limited gun depression, low DPM, poor camo and short view range plus paper armour and large size mean a tank that really can't do any role properly.

Jylpah #67 Posted 14 March 2021 - 10:37 AM

Sergeant

• 19754 battles
  • [SKUX]

View PostBossArdnutz, on 14 March 2021 - 03:12 AM, said:

I saw your comment on the EU forum about the leKpz 41, it doesn't surprise me it's the worst tier 8 light. The tank's characteristics tell the story:

In particular, the combination of poor on-the-move accuracy, limited gun depression, low DPM, poor camo and short view range plus paper armour and large size mean a tank that really can't do any role properly.

Wow, I never realized it was that much behind even Ru in many critical aspects. But I think the Black Bulldog's all round gun depression is more usable as the Ru's that is available only on the sides.

Jylpah #68 Posted 26 March 2021 - 09:24 PM

Sergeant

• 19754 battles
  • [SKUX]

Update 7.7 final stats added

Final stats for update 7.7 have been added.

• In total, there were 236M battles by 481k players recorded in the database during the update 7.7.
  • Familiar & well-armored tanks took the top spots in tank performance rankings: 1) Object 252U, 2) Annihilator and 3) T54E1. There was only one Tech-Tree tank in the TOP 5 (Maus) and two in TOP 10 (AT 8).

Best performing tanks, update 7.7

• Tier X performance ranking was the same armor-spam: 1) Maus, IS-4, E 100 and so on. All the TOP 10 tanks have a strong armor profile. What is interesting is that the order is pretty much the same for better players (55%+ WR at tier X).

Best performing Tier X tanks, update 7.7

Czechoslovakian tanks

So how did the Czechoslovakian tanks do? Short answer is: “pretty bad”, but in reality it is still too early to say. The Relative WR of the Czechoslovakian tanks will likely to improve in the next update as players learn to play the tanks better and a larger share of the player population has finished the stock-grind. Blitzanalysiz[] tries to eliminate the impact of the stock-grind by requiring players to have a tier-specific number of battles in a tank before their stats can be included into the calculations, but that seems not to fully eliminate the stock-grind.

Tier X TVP T 50/51

The tier X TVP T 50/51 performed pretty average being among the lowest 1/3rd. It may have an unique playstyle, but it seem not to perform that well.

Tier X medium tanks by Relative WR

If you constantly see TVP T 50/51s to perform superb on the battlefield, that is simply because it has been played by very-very good players on average at this point. The rest of the players will grind it soon and the true (non-)performance of the tier X TVP will become more apparent.

TVP T 50/51 player population

Tier IX Škoda T 50

The tier IX Škoda T 50 performed bit better, but it still just average.

Tier IX medium tanks by Relative WR

Tier VIII TVP VTU Koncept

The tier VIII TVP VTU Koncept was a big disappointment to play. Based on stats it was the second worst performing tier VIII medium and the worst performing tier VIII medium for players with 55%+ WR at tier VIII.

Tier VIII medium tanks by Relative WR

Tier VII Konštrukta T-34/100

I personally felt the tier VII Konštrukta T-34/100 was pretty decent, but based on stats it was actually one of the worst performing tier VII mediums.

Tier VII medium tanks by Relative WR

Tier VI Škoda T 25

The tier VI Škoda T 25 fits the pattern and was one of the worst performing tier VI medium tanks.

Tier VI medium tanks by Relative WR

I still cannot believe the Czechoslovakian tanks were so bad. I dislike the tanks, but I believe their stats will fair bit better (i.e. average) in update 7.8. Let’s see.

Jylpah #69 Posted 02 May 2021 - 06:17 PM

Sergeant

• 19754 battles
  • [SKUX]

Update 7.8 final stats added

Final stats for update 7.8 have been added.

• In total, there were 169M battles by 483k players recorded in the database during the update 7.8.
  • It is getting boring the report the best performing tanks - the same ones keep topping the charts update after update in slightly different order: 1) T28 Concept, 2) Object 252U, 3) Annihilator, 4) T54E2 and 5) Maus.

Best performing tanks, update 7.8

Best performing Tier X medium tanks, update 7.8

• Finally there is few updates since the Czechoslovakian medium tanks got introduced and it is now fair to say that the early assessment of those being “meh” at the best was spot-on. The tanks (TVP T 50/51, Škoda T 50, etc.) were performing average across the player skill-levels.
  • The next new line seems to be experimental American heavies ending up to M-VI-Yoh that is being super-tested at the moment by all-but-average players:

M-VI-Yoh player base

• While the M-VI-Yoh players are super unicums, the tank seems to perform extremely well for the super-testers even by their own standards. I am expecting WG to nerf the tank big time before releasing it.

M-VI-Yoh Relative WR by player skill-level

Jylpah #70 Posted 11 June 2021 - 09:07 PM

Sergeant

• 19754 battles
  • [SKUX]

Update 7.9 final stats added

Final stats for update 7.9 have been added.

• In total, there were 199M battles by 492k players recorded in the database during the update 7.9.
  • It is getting boring the report the best performing tanks - the same ones keep topping the charts update after update in slightly different order: 1) Annihilator, 2) Object 252U, 3) T54E2, 4)T28 Concept and 5) Chimera.

Best performing tanks, update 7.9

• update 7.9 did not have any major balance changes. Does it mean WG thinks the game balance is great? (Thinking of Annihilator)
  • The American experimental heavy tank line leading to M-VI-Yoh continues to be super-tested at the moment by all-but-average players:

M-VI-Yoh player base

While the M-VI-Yoh players are super unicums, the tank seems to perform extremely well for the super-testers even by their own standards. And the early YouTuber reviews indicate the tank was released as … very-good.

M-VI-Yoh Relative WR by player skill-level

Creative Commons License

Jylpah #71 Posted 20 July 2021 - 07:48 AM

Sergeant

• 19754 battles
  • [SKUX]

Update 8.0 final stats added

Final stats for update 8.0 have been added.

Best performing tanks, update 8.0

New American heavies

The American experimental heavy tank line leading to M-VI-Yoh was introduced in update 8.0 :

Tier VII - M-III-Yoh

The tier VII M-VII-Yoh felt a good tank, but it seems to have performed pretty poorly on average.

Tier VII Heavy tanks

Tier VIII - M-III-Yoh

The tier VIII M-III-Yoh was introduced as a very balanced tank. In other words it is performing below-average for a heavy tank. I found the tank pretty

decent.

Tier VIII Heavy tanks

Tier IX - M-V-Yoh

The tier IX M-V-Yoh was not so fun tank to play due to its enormous reload time. It performed bit below average.

Tier IX Heavy tanks

Tier X - M-VI-Yoh

The tier X M-VI-Yoh continues the pattern and performed below average. I liked the tank, but I have been fairing pretty poorly with it. I like the dual-shot gun more due to its unique characteristics, but the three-shot autoloader has far better DPM and seems to perform better. WG could give the dual-shot gun bit shorter magazine reload to make it more competitive. There is already T57 Heavy so playing the three-shot gun feels bit “meh” (IMO) - even it performs better.

Tier X Heavy tanks

If you have seen the M-VI-Yoh performing well on the battlefield, it is probably since it has been driven by better than average players:

M-VI-Yoh player base

Jylpah #72 Posted 22 August 2021 - 07:03 PM

Sergeant

• 19754 battles
  • [SKUX]

Update 8.1 final stats added

Final stats for update 8.1 have been added.

Best performing tanks, update 8.1

Annihilator’s “nerf”

gallabru@EU analysis of Annihilators pre-and post 8.1

• The above image is courtesy of gallabru@EU who has analyzed the replays submitted to WoTinspector.com. There is nothing uncertain about this secret MM rule for the Annihilator, but WG has not officially communicated this change. Maybe WG is preparing players for the next ultra-OP Halloween tank?

Other notable changes

• The tier X M-VI-Yoh has improved its performance still and got into tier X TOP10. Maybe players have learned to use the small 3-shot gun that has crazy DPM. The dual-shot gun is so fun, but it lacks the DPM to survive end-games.

Tier X TOP 20 relative WR update 8.1

• The new tier VIII premium tank Somua SM has performed very well and why not: a tank with high burst damage, great turret armor, gun depression and decent mobility rarely struggles on on the battlefield.

Tier VIII TOP 20 relative WR update 8.1

• It should be noted though that in addition for the Somua SM being very good tank (especially for the less-skilled payers), it has been played by very good players so far (tier VIII WR +6% vs. the average).

Somua SM playerbase during update 8.1

Tier VIII TOP 20 relative WR update 8.1

• Sturer Emil got (over)buffed in update 8.1, but it did not impact that much on its stats. It seems the tank is still too hard to play for most of the players (no armor, no turret). I personally felt the engine-buff was too much and the tank lost its sluggish characteristics and became more of an arcade version of itself. I wish WG would partially reverse its engine buff :-)

Sturer Emil Relative WR update 8.1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users