Easy Fix to remove Toxicity

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

BassMunky63 #1 Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:43 AM

Corporal

• 991 battles

It seems to me the most rage inducing thing in the game is losing.

The reason losing sucks so much is your WR suffers.

Simply remove WR as a stat and keep all the others.

No one ever says “look at your Damage per Battle you nub” it’s always look at your WR

WR is the single most divisive  thing in the game.

Not only that it’s the easiest thing to increase, as we can see by the current stats for T1.

I hate that this game causes people to say such hateful disgusting things to each other.

Edited by RockyPixels, 06 May 2020 - 02:45 AM.

Riko: “I came, I saw, I shot”

BossArdnutz #2 Posted 06 May 2020 - 04:10 AM

First Lieutenant

• 26504 battles
  • [4CHT8]
I've had people get stuck into me over my average damage. If it wasn't WR it'd just be something else.

__iTATi__ #3 Posted 06 May 2020 - 04:55 AM

Sergeant

• 2556 battles
  • [ABOTS]

Its a pecking order.

Starts with WR but if that is decent enough they will then move on to AV Damage, then things like mastery badges and so on. Basically, they will find something they beat you at.

Cyril_Roy #4 Posted 07 May 2020 - 02:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 12150 battles
  • [WART]

View PostRockyPixels, on 06 May 2020 - 11:43 AM, said:

It seems to me the most rage inducing thing in the game is losing.

The reason losing sucks so much is your WR suffers.

Simply remove WR as a stat and keep all the others.

No one ever says “look at your Damage per Battle you nub” it’s always look at your WR

WR is the single most divisive  thing in the game.

Not only that it’s the easiest thing to increase, as we can see by the current stats for T1.

I hate that this game causes people to say such hateful disgusting things to each other.

People say look at your damage rate

Cyril_Roy #5 Posted 07 May 2020 - 02:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 12150 battles
  • [WART]

Since we can stop non friends to send us messages now ( so nice ) ,the best way would be stopping dead tankers the ability to battle chat once they are destroyed.

i know it can be usefull sometimes but it is mostly used to insult surviving team members that didnt choose to follow the directions given by that " knowledgable" player that got wrecked within the 1st minute ,because they bounced or whatnot.

the only downpoint would be platoons that have a real life life chat as they play.but probably not that easy to set up  and only when one of them is dead it would be different from random teammate

Edited by Cyril_Roy, 07 May 2020 - 02:42 AM.

Cyril_Roy #6 Posted 07 May 2020 - 02:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 12150 battles
  • [WART]

I reckon dead tanker should also have an incentive to stay and watch the end of the game or even be coerced ( cant play another game ) that might stop yolo to death within 30 sec annoying "playstyle" and would surely teach them something.

i ve learned a lot from watching every battles til the end .it s also a form of respect to team players wether they deserve it or not is another question but cant go wrong with giving a bit of respect to others.seems to work fine in japan in real life

Cyril_Roy #7 Posted 07 May 2020 - 02:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 12150 battles
  • [WART]

Another way would be to make stats half private and only fully available to clans mate or when a platoon is requested.

i dont really see the use of it after the battle is played anyway.

can spot the unicums or potatos with the help of those lovely avatars right????

Edited by Cyril_Roy, 07 May 2020 - 02:44 AM.

Cyril_Roy #8 Posted 07 May 2020 - 02:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 12150 battles
  • [WART]

View Post__iTATi__, on 06 May 2020 - 01:55 PM, said:

Its a pecking order.

Starts with WR but if that is decent enough they will then move on to AV Damage, then things like mastery badges and so on. Basically, they will find something they beat you at.

exactly

Cyril_Roy #9 Posted 07 May 2020 - 02:41 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 12150 battles
  • [WART]
Maybe a quick comand that would shut destroyed players would suffice

TinDingo #10 Posted 13 May 2020 - 11:52 PM

Sergeant

• 27610 battles
  • [OVR50]

View PostCyril_Roy, on 07 May 2020 - 02:41 AM, said:

Maybe a quick comand that would shut destroyed players would suffice

Good idea, but only living players should be able to shut down a dead player.

Every system is perfectly designed to produce exactly the results that it produces

NocturnZing #11 Posted 14 May 2020 - 02:11 PM

Sergeant

• 9395 battles
  • [IRGC]

If WR wasn't such a big deal how would WG sell those OP prem tanks? they are sold as OP for those big bucks they cost and guarantee WR increased.

This is why WG manipulates MM so much, if F2P players start winning too much, they are switched to losing teams, so they don't upset the P2W players who bought those OP tanks for RL $$

The solution to reduced toxicity IMHO is more related to

1) the MM, good players get mad at bad players for not doing enough; but don't u guys do that outside WOTB for ur fav sports teams if they don't do well either?

2) remove battle chat altogether, increase in-battle communications like 'flank right', 'flank left', 'retreat', 'on my way' and remove the in-game battle chat altogether.

BossArdnutz #12 Posted 15 May 2020 - 01:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• 26504 battles
  • [4CHT8]

LMAO about the MM rigging idea. Look at my profile for proof it doesn't happen.

Tip: sort my tanks by win rate. Note that out of my 50 best tanks, just 2 of them were purchased premiums. My best, purchased premium only comes in at #35. Out of my 17 purchased premiums, note that only 7 of them even make it into the top half of my tanks by win rate, and even then, if I was a little more skillful, I'd have gotten the FV201 (A45) for free in a grind event instead of paying for it. Out of my bottom 50 tanks, 5 of them are purchased premiums.

Moral of the story? I spend plenty on the game and consistently perform better in tech tree tanks and premiums that WG gave out *for free* than I do in the premiums I spent cash or gold on. If they are rigging the game to affect my spending, they are doing it 100% wrong.

Edit: it holds up cut just about any way I can think of. Damage ratio? Just 1 bought tank in the top 50. Kill to death ratio? Better there, a whole 5 bought jobs in the top 50. WN7 (more relevant than WN8 because it compares to all tanks in the tier, instead of just to the same tank)? 4 out of the top 50 are paid for. Hit rate? 7 out of the top 50. Survival? 4 out of 50. So my experience had been that with a very few exceptions, the tanks I've paid for have performed worse for me than the ones that came for free in the tech tree or grind events. 

Edited by BossArdnutz, 15 May 2020 - 01:28 AM.

Lord_Melchett #13 Posted 15 May 2020 - 05:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 39069 battles
  • [1914]

Fix inbattle chat raging?  Install electric shockers in all devices - when a noob does something that displeases you, select said noob on screen and give him/her a short/sharp shock - noob immediately realises what he did wrong and doesn't do it again, for fear of shock - problem fixed!

It works for barking dogs, right?

__iTATi__ #14 Posted 15 May 2020 - 06:07 AM

Sergeant

• 2556 battles
  • [ABOTS]

Ultimately, in a team-based game such as this one, toxicity will always be there.

I bet most of you have raged at people at some point - the game does it to you. It can be difficult not to reach boiling point after X amount of losses down to really poor teams, bad MM, shocking RNG and the rest. Everybody experiences all of that. We all want to win but only have control over 1/7th of the tanks on our team. So whenever I see someone raging, I just assume he has had a bad run and its spilling out.

Just learn to ignore them.

Suggestions to remove WR is something that will never happen as mentioned above. The whole game is based around WR. It is the stat that WG uses to manipulate you into buying premium tanks. Rather than educating you with even the basics (pathetic tutorial that has never been improved) so that you can improve no matter what tank you drive, they trick you into spending money in the belief you are losing because of the tank and not your driving it. 

Cyril_Roy #15 Posted 16 May 2020 - 12:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 12150 battles
  • [WART]

View PostNocturnZing, on 14 May 2020 - 11:11 PM, said:

If WR wasn't such a big deal how would WG sell those OP prem tanks? they are sold as OP for those big bucks they cost and guarantee WR increased.

This is why WG manipulates MM so much, if F2P players start winning too much, they are switched to losing teams, so they don't upset the P2W players who bought those OP tanks for RL $$

1) the MM, good players get mad at bad players for not doing enough; but don't u guys do that outside WOTB for ur fav sports teams if they don't do well either?

2) remove battle chat altogether, increase in-battle communications like 'flank right', 'flank left', 'retreat', 'on my way' and remove the in-game battle chat altogether.

I have premium tank i bought but it didnt change my mm or wr 

last 3 days mm and wr was a disaster.right after i bought the bromwell.also very recently bought amx 30 1er,amx m4 49,t28 htc,m6a2e1 

didnt see my mm or wr improve at all. Some of these tanks deffo have some advantage but with a mediocre driver like me it doesnt make luch difference.i do better with tech tree t1 and even with this one i did get 33% win rate 2 days ago over quite e frw battles

Cyril_Roy #16 Posted 16 May 2020 - 12:25 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 12150 battles
  • [WART]

View PostLord_Melchett, on 15 May 2020 - 02:01 PM, said:

Fix inbattle chat raging?  Install electric shockers in all devices - when a noob does something that displeases you, select said noob on screen and give him/her a short/sharp shock - noob immediately realises what he did wrong and doesn't do it again, for fear of shock - problem fixed!

It works for barking dogs, right?

hahahaha brilliant

Cyril_Roy #17 Posted 16 May 2020 - 12:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 12150 battles
  • [WART]

View PostTinDingo, on 14 May 2020 - 08:52 AM, said:

Good idea, but only living players should be able to shut down a dead player.

yes

Cyril_Roy #18 Posted 16 May 2020 - 12:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 12150 battles
  • [WART]

View PostNocturnZing, on 14 May 2020 - 11:11 PM, said:

i would be totally for more quick comand battle comunications ( we have 4 extras in supremacy after all ) . Especially in asia server where there is so many  languages.

i dont think battle chat should be removed though.just for dead tankers

BossArdnutz #19 Posted 16 May 2020 - 10:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• 26504 battles
  • [4CHT8]
+1,000.

At minimum, we need a "pull back" chat. It'd work exactly like the attack chat, but for green tanks - put the caret over a friendly and issue the chat.

Lord_Melchett #20 Posted 17 May 2020 - 11:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 39069 battles
  • [1914]
Yeah, get rid of the "help" button, that's redundant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users