The Kanonenjagdpanzer: E 25 of Tier VIII

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

P36C #1 Posted 08 April 2020 - 10:38 PM

Sergeant

• 25943 battles
  • [ME0W]
In WoT PC, there is this Tier VIII premium tank called the Kanonenjagdpanzer, a German TD. Historically, the Kanonenjagdpanzer was a West German Cold War tank destroyer. The West German Army at the time was equipped with obsolete M47 Pattons, and these tanks when decommissioned, had their still useful 90mm guns removed and mounted on a chassis to create the Kanonenjagdpanzer. Heavily reminiscent of the WWII era Jagdpanzer IV, the chassis of the Kanonenjagdpanzer was also used to create the Spahpanzer Ru 251 light tank. In WoT PC, this tank was heavily criticized for it's weak gun, and a new Kanonenjagdpanzer 105 replaced the old one. This 105mm ver. is a planned upgrade for the Kanonenjagpanzer that never happened. I personally think this would be a great addition to WoT Blitz. The 105mm ver. would not be needed, after all this tank has an insanely small profile and Ru 251 mobility, meaning camping and sniping wouldn't really fit this tank. The 105mm makes sense on PC, where the game is much more campy and there are twice as many bushes, and more tanks meaning you can get annihilated if you stay in one spot too long, as well as the +2-2 MM. In Blitz however, camping rarely works, and you need to constantly relocate, which I personally feel more TD players need to do (just because you are a TD, doesn't mean you get to camp, after all, armor exists for a reason, although WTs and Grilles deserve to camp, but even they can't just stay in spawn the whole game). Blitz's MM is also +1-1 which means lack of penetration is not a huge issue. I really hope they add this tank, it'd be the high tier version of the in-game Jagdpanzer IV and the E 25.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users