SP IC... No one talks about it... BUT IT'S SOOO GOOD!

SP IC Spahpanzer West Germany Tier VII Light Autoloader Sucks Garbage Awesome Spotting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

P36C #1 Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:21 AM

Corporal

• 15738 battles
  • [ME0W]

Hello Commanders! 

I took out the SP IC again, and it is sooo good! Now please consider this review, or rather me rambling about this tank to be just slightly noob free. I am a big fan of paper tanks. That being said however, it took a long time to get good in them, and my SP IC games from when I was more newbie is reflected in my stats. However, I have since improved. I purchased the Kampfpanzer Leopard 1 a while ago, and I'm loving it. 55% WR at Tier X in a paper armor tank is pretty good by my standards, especially considering this is only my 2nd Tier X. That being said however, I have practiced A LOT in Tier VIII, a place full of OP premiums (a ridiculous 1700 battles in the leichter Kampfpanzer M41 90mm), so that's probably the reason why. Either way, I took out the SP IC occasionally but never played it seriously. However, I looked at my equipment load out on my SP IC before I entered battle again and oh my gosh was I surprised. I had improved ventilation, a good choice in my opinion because the penetration sucks anyway, it won't change much with calibrated shells, but that plus coated optics gives this tank a whopping 308m viewrange at Tier VII along with a equally insane 49% camo rating when stationary. Bearing this in mind, I mounted speed boost, and rushed to a bush near the centerline of the map, and I basically spotted everybody and my team made the right decisions. I played it for a while until I lost, which was about 4 games later. Of course, this winning streak had to end somewhere, but I was darn surprised. I know for a fact that many people do not like the SP IC, however, this is probably because they treat it like other lights or fast mediums. The SP IC, after seeing this, I feel is different from other lights. Most light tanks can spot, but they often are limited because the maps in Blitz are too small for them to do some traditional scouting. They will often get spotted by others, reducing their effectiveness, or they might do active scouting which will get them in trouble as well. However the SP IC can get to the positions it needs to go to, then spot everyone, actually STAY there, then support with that awesome autoloader. That being said, don't be like me grinding lights as your first line if you're a new player, I've suffered enough LOL. 

Anyway that was me rambling on, hope you liked it. Feel free to criticize or point out flaws, but keep in mind that that is a difference in opinion and have some respect when doing so please :) 

Edited by P36C, 26 March 2020 - 01:25 AM.

BossArdnutz #2 Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:13 AM

First Lieutenant

• 23836 battles
  • [DERPU]

I'm struggling in it a bit, because I tend to make mistakes, and that is a tank that does not forgive even the tiniest error!

I think I've been running camo on mine to help with hiding and clipping, but I will try the optics instead. 

Edited by BossArdnutz, 26 March 2020 - 05:14 AM.

P36C #3 Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:34 AM

Corporal

• 15738 battles
  • [ME0W]

View PostBossArdnutz, on 25 March 2020 - 09:13 PM, said:

I'm struggling in it a bit, because I tend to make mistakes, and that is a tank that does not forgive even the tiniest error!

I think I've been running camo on mine to help with hiding and clipping, but I will try the optics instead. 

Yea, the whole German light/medium line needs a lot of thinking and care. I thought camo net was good too, because that boosts your camo when stationary to an insane 59% but once I saw that viewrange I had to go for optics. This thing will out spot Tier VIIIs and remain hidden doing so. I wouldn't wait to fire the second shot. Just duck back and reload the magazine. If you save your HP till the end, you can take hits from other tanks and unload your clip to finish them off. Carefulness pays off in the long run imo. I admit you'll struggle against Tier VIII though, and your team won't always work together, but they can make much better choices given info.

Edited by P36C, 26 March 2020 - 05:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users