Tough to Ace

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

DieWithYourBootsOn #1 Posted 22 March 2020 - 12:51 PM

Corporal

• 6958 battles

Some of these Ace Mastery badges look impossible to get.

Geez...I just did 4134 dmg in a Std B, 3 kills, 2 spots.

Unfortunately we just lost and for that I only got a Level 3. Ouch!!

Wolfgang_Kopp #2 Posted 22 March 2020 - 11:37 PM

Corporal

• 16809 battles
  • [CRANK]
That's tough. But damage and kills don't give the Aces, the XP does. And XP you get for multiple actions, shooting tracks and letting team members destroy the tank as a result gives good XP. Harvesting only damage without supporting the team in other ways seldom gets and Ace.
Looking for 40+ year old to join our Clan

BossArdnutz #3 Posted 23 March 2020 - 12:06 AM

First Lieutenant

• 23836 battles
  • [DERPU]

You also get a 50% bonus to XP for winning, so that's pretty important in an ace chase.

Unless you get a Battle Hero medal, which gives you a Valiant Effort bonus, which is the same 50%. That's how people get masteries in losing battles, they score a Confederate or Steel Wall or Top Gun etc., which gives them the Valiant Effort.

DieWithYourBootsOn #4 Posted 23 March 2020 - 12:39 PM

Corporal

• 6958 battles

View PostBossArdnutz, on 23 March 2020 - 12:06 AM, said:

You also get a 50% bonus to XP for winning, so that's pretty important in an ace chase.

Unless you get a Battle Hero medal, which gives you a Valiant Effort bonus, which is the same 50%. That's how people get masteries in losing battles, they score a Confederate or Steel Wall or Top Gun etc., which gives them the Valiant Effort.

LOL - I was realizing the same thing - gotta win knucklehead (I said to myself)!

Didn't realize the Valiant Effort bonus does the same thing.

Although 4000 dmg I'll attribute to a lot of luck (only done it twice so far), I wasn't lucky enough to win and even just missed out on the Confederate. But the surprising part for me was that 4000 dmg only amounted to a Level 3 mastery - of course, winning would have changed that.

BossArdnutz #5 Posted 23 March 2020 - 09:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• 23836 battles
  • [DERPU]

The medals that get you the VE bonus are: 

Block Quote

Battle Hero

Battle hero achievements are mainly geared toward feats that you can accomplish in the span of one game. Most are basic and generic awards, but earning one means you brought your team much closer to victory, even if you lost. Battle hero medals will also grant you the bonuses of a 'valiant effort' per update 3.3. There are currently 9 Battle Hero achievements.

Top Gun- You must destroy more enemy vehicles (at least 4) than any other player in the battle. Destroying the majority means there can be only one top gun candidate per team. If you on the winning team destroy 4 players, but an enemy kills 5 people, then the enemy would get the top gun. The award can only be awarded once per battle. In the case of a tie for number of kills, the player with the higher XP will earn the award.

High Caliber- One of the newest Battle hero awards, this award is given if you cause the most damage in a battle. This amount of damage must be more than 35% of the enemy's total HP pool when the battle starts, and no less than 1000 HP. For example, if the enemy's total hit-points add up to be 10,000, then I must do 3500 damage and be the top damage dealer in order to receive the award.

Confederate- Damage more vehicles (at least 4) than any other player. 'Damage', in this case, includes modules such as tracks. You DO NOT have to kill the target to receive the award. If two players damage equal numbers of opponents, the award is given to the higher xp earner.

Sniper Tanker- Another new battle hero medal (update 3.3), the tanker must cause the most damage in a battle at a distance of over 250m. You also must fire at least 8 shots, with at least 85% accuracy and 80% of shots must do damage (including modules). Also, you must cause more damage than the HP of your vehicle, and must do over 1000 damage. As the name suggests, the award is geared towards tanks that snipe from very long distances.

Patrol duty- Help your team damage at least 3 enemy vehicles by spotting them. This means that your tank must be spotting the enemy at the moment when they are damaged, and the person doing the damage could not spot the vehicle on their own. Tiebreakers are determined by xp, just like most medals are.

Steel Wall- Receive 11 hits and a minimum of 1000 HP of potential damage. Potential damage is damage that could have been done to you, if your armor did not block it. Tanks like the t95 can soak up thousands of potential damage each game, because very few guns can get though their armor. You also must survive the battle. 
Tiebreakers are determined by the number of hits taken, and then a tiebreaker of a tiebreaker is the xp earned in the game.

Defender- Defender medals are awarded to those who reduce the most enemy capture points in encounter battles (at least 70 pts). Of course the supremacy mode capture areas are not included, because there is multiple of them and they do not reduce enemy points when captured. The tiebreaker is, you guessed it, xp earned.

Invader- The counterpart to the defender medal, the Invader medal requires the most (at least 80) capture points earned by one player. To earn the award, a player must go on to capture the base (100 pts), and only includes points that were part of the final capture. Like normal, Supremacy mode does not count.

Scout- A player must detect more enemies (at least 5) than anyone else on your team. It can only be awarded once per battle, and your team must win. It usually occurs when you go around a corner and all 7 reds are there, which is no fun for anyone :)

From https://wiki.wargami...evements_(Blitz)

Edited by BossArdnutz, 23 March 2020 - 09:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users