Is it legal to use this WG?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

NukeSpear #1 Posted 22 March 2020 - 07:56 AM

Private

• 2390 battles
  • [AKLAS]

WG, this now-a-days, I've noticed that each game that I play, most of my enemy players never miss their shot on my modules.

Before, I can hide my weakness during, sidescraping, angling, hull down, reverse-sidescraping, but now even When I'm moving while waving my tank, most of the time, they hit mostly my tracks, then whatever modules that are exposed.

Each shot I receive from them no matter what I do, they commonly hit my track, ammo rack, and engine. When doing a hulldown... (thick armor turret exposed only and not stationary) when I peek, they automatically hit my view port... and they rarely miss my modules... when In open... not matter what each of theu shot is guided by magic wind to my track or ammo rack.

I do not know what's going on or what you call it,  mostly-mostly, receiving track hit, then ammo rack next, then track or turret ring jam, engine hit, but kinda annoying and odd. If it is legal to use it then I don't know WG. Seems most players are using hit-skin mod or hitzone mod.

If it is something illegal, then please do something about it.. if it is legal I guess this game is worth uninstalling.

BossArdnutz #2 Posted 22 March 2020 - 12:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• 29595 battles
  • [4CHT8]

Viewport hits are because they are aiming at your cupola, probably because it's the only bit they can pen.

Tracks are easily damaged and you should avoid showing your hull if at all possible. Hits to your drive wheel or idler will detrack you in 1 or at most 2 hits, depending on the gun shooting at you. Bigger guns can fire HE and detrack you hitting just about anywhere on the track.

Getting regularly hit in the internal modules could be a bit odd, although some tanks have easily-damaged modules. Chinese tanks have weak ammo racks that are easy to hit through the front hull. The Centurion I tends to lose its driver very easily. The SP I C is an HE magnet, and most large-calibre hits knock out  several modules as well as taking most of your HP.

If you've got some replays, we could probably tell you more...

DieWithYourBootsOn #3 Posted 23 March 2020 - 12:42 PM

Corporal

• 7364 battles
To add to what the Boss says, I think the T-44 / T-54 / T55A series are higher probability for an ammo rack, too, on the front right side. This might also include the T-62 and OBJ 140 but I haven't played them so not sure. Also possibly the T-22, it is of same series.

erwin10001 #4 Posted 23 March 2020 - 01:35 PM

Captain

• 48398 battles
  • [NETS]
Yes you should share some replays so we know what you are talking about.

Haubitzenschmitz #5 Posted 24 March 2020 - 06:39 AM

Sergeant

• 675 battles
  • [4CHT8]
I can absolutely confirm that observation. WG must have tempered with it somehow. Modules are simply more fragile now as they used to be. My suspicion is that they added this with the same idea that the more common things linked to RNG (in the proper sense of "random" number generator), as in bounces, ability to penetrating (including ghost shells)...to make the outcome of individuel performance even more random. Why? In order to "balance" the high differences in the skill level among players. I mean you understand what I mean by "balancing".... 

_Raikii #6 Posted 25 March 2020 - 04:22 AM

Sergeant

• 14379 battles
  • [DARTH]

View PostNukeSpear, on 22 March 2020 - 07:56 AM, said:

WG, this now-a-days, I've noticed that each game that I play, most of my enemy players never miss their shot on my modules.

Before, I can hide my weakness during, sidescraping, angling, hull down, reverse-sidescraping, but now even When I'm moving while waving my tank, most of the time, they hit mostly my tracks, then whatever modules that are exposed.

Each shot I receive from them no matter what I do, they commonly hit my track, ammo rack, and engine. When doing a hulldown... (thick armor turret exposed only and not stationary) when I peek, they automatically hit my view port... and they rarely miss my modules... when In open... not matter what each of theu shot is guided by magic wind to my track or ammo rack.

I do not know what's going on or what you call it,  mostly-mostly, receiving track hit, then ammo rack next, then track or turret ring jam, engine hit, but kinda annoying and odd. If it is legal to use it then I don't know WG. Seems most players are using hit-skin mod or hitzone mod.

If it is something illegal, then please do something about it.. if it is legal I guess this game is worth uninstalling.

This is almost definitely not mods - mods are not created, or generally created with the complexity to change such mechanics discretely. It is most likely the fact that a tank is comprised of modules, and generally when a tank is hit, a module is hit as well. Although it would we useful to know what tank you refer to (currently implied as all vehicles), but I believe it is common knowledge that (as an example) a SU-152 fires a HE at an SP I C, at least a few modules would be damaged.. to say the least. These are simple game mechanics - and I personally have not experienced such odd changes. You would believe that if a large number of players were using such mods (as you imply this occurs every battle), many others would have come across it as well. Otherwise, it’s your choice on whether you uninstall the game or not. It is certainly not a threat to WG that somebody who can’t wrap their head around relatively simple mechanics would uninstall one of their releases.

-your (not so) friendly neighbour

Edited by XF1_Razer, 25 March 2020 - 04:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users