Ramming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

DieWithYourBootsOn #1 Posted 22 March 2020 - 07:19 AM

Corporal

• 6958 battles

Generally, I would guess in at least 70% of cases that ramming was unnecessary or counter-productive. Most often the tank getting rammed still gets destroyed and the outcome of the game usually doesn't change. But besides all that, ramming mechanics in the game don't always work as I expect.

In a game I just played, I rammed a VK 28 hard with a Cromwell and lost a truckload of HP by comparison. This makes no sense - I was going much faster than the VK and hit him head on. And the Cromwell outweighs the VK by over 4 tons, which is a 20% weight difference. I think the Cromwell should have cleaned up the VK but apparently in WG's dream world of "fizzics" it doesn't work that way.

I've noticed the same carnival dynamics with the T92E1 getting rammed by mediums and coming out way better. Ramming dynamics in this game are half as expected and half a total joke. I admit if you get up some speed, the E75 is a helluva rammer, but some of these other rams are in la-la land! :facepalm:

TnkDztroyer #2 Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:24 PM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles
What was the HP situation with both tanks though? the result of ramming depends a lot on how damaged each tank is. sometimes ramming can even result in both tanks being killed. and just as an aside, I love jumping off cliffs or ramps and onto other tanks and killing them!  :playing:

Greens 0 / Reds 7 situation normal..

MrDucky17 #3 Posted 25 March 2020 - 04:41 PM

Sergeant

• 7993 battles
  • [ANZUS]
T26E4, it’s an amazing rammer. Got me killed in my IS-5 in mad games

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users