You know your having a bad session when.......

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

cameron1979 #1 Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:13 PM

Corporal

• 16040 battles
  • [FLY]

So I was having a bad run with teams, rng, ping the works. In fairness though I had a great run the days previous so I was due.

However you know your having a bad run when this happens.

So Im in my trusty ARL which I turn too when things aren't good. Its OP without people throwing rotton food at you like a smasher or a WGFT tier 8 thingy

Anyway so I had lost about 8 straight but I was in my ARL and I was top tier on a map I liked. It didn't start well when the protagonist in all this (in a KV1S) blocked me as I was peek a booming twice causing me to sustain damage when I would have been fine. My team then collapsed and its me and KV1S vs 5, now Im in the ARL and im top tier so its not all over, Ive done it before. So I start whittling them down till its me and KV1S vs a Chafee, a tank with paper Mache armour, well at least I never have any issues. so 2 v1 and we have cap advantage, thanks to me and cap points. The issue is I am a one shot to the Chafee, he is full health and my Kv1S is full health too, although he has done nothing. Chafee does the right thing, seeing Im a 1 shot, and on 4 kills and he is full health, and my Kv1S has done nothing. We are together, or at least I thought we were, KV1s was guarding a cap with me in middle of map.

So chaffee approaches, and I think yes, mastery here, top gun, all the rest, Ill sit back and the Kv1S will do hard work. But no, chaffee comes at me and the KV1S has left, gone behind some buildings. Anyway I have lost my driver too so Im not in great shape but I take a stand, I wiggling as best I can, side scraping and the chaffee keeps bouncing, but ARL of course doesn't bounce and I get him down to a one shot and all red modules when he finally gets me.

No drama, full health Kv1S who is still hiding but spotted by proximity vs the chafee who is on life support, one HE shot and its done.

Well you can guess what happened, KV1S missed or bounced 3 shots while chafee stood there basically saying you just have to hit me and Im dead, offering its side and everything.

So I got a first class, but you can probably guess I exploded, how did this happen. Sometimes RNG is not your friend and its time for a break. I think the Kv1S may have been stock but he wasn't a 35% player.

I messaged Kv1S after, just said "How, just How" but no reply.

Still having the same issues on copperfield. I think 9/10 games my Mts don't go to the pipes, the red Mts do and they get cross shots on us up top and we are no chance. The green mts hang back at the corner. I message the team every time now but no good. Anyway I digress. Don't get me started on port bay and mts!!!

What are some of your funny stories about how your team mate lost the unlosable.

STEEL_Firestorm #2 Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:00 AM

Sergeant

• 26652 battles
  • [0X0]
Wait, was the KV a 35% player or not? 

Wolfgang_Kopp #3 Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:14 AM

Corporal

• 16985 battles
  • [CRANK]

My funniest battle was that: 

But I didn't like it though......

Looking for 40+ year old to join our Clan

BossArdnutz #4 Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24114 battles
  • [DERPU]
My best was on Mines in the Bromwell. I think we had an AFK, several potatoes, red played pretty well. I took the hill early and used it well, doing heaps of damage, but my team steadily evaporated. Eventually it was 2 v 3 where the three reds were a Y5, an SU-152 and a heavy. I came down off the hill through town and engaged in a bouncing contest with the Y5, my remaining team mate followed and between us we tracked and circled the 152 down to his last few HP but he got my teammate and I was left as a one-shot, the red HT turned up and I decided discretion was the better part of valor. I did a drive-by to kill the Y5 and ran back up to the hill top to reset camo. With that done, I decided to go via their spawn to try and spot from the bushes, drove off the edge of the hill top, accidentally got some air, hit the ground too hard and exploded.

That's dropping a carry in style!

TnkDztroyer #5 Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:28 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles

View Postcameron1979, on 22 January 2020 - 10:13 PM, said:

So I was having a bad run with teams, rng, ping the works. In fairness though I had a great run the days previous so I was due.

However you know your having a bad run when this happens.

So Im in my trusty ARL which I turn too when things aren't good. Its OP without people throwing rotton food at you like a smasher or a WGFT tier 8 thingy

Anyway so I had lost about 8 straight but I was in my ARL and I was top tier on a map I liked. It didn't start well when the protagonist in all this (in a KV1S) blocked me as I was peek a booming twice causing me to sustain damage when I would have been fine. My team then collapsed and its me and KV1S vs 5, now Im in the ARL and im top tier so its not all over, Ive done it before. So I start whittling them down till its me and KV1S vs a Chafee, a tank with paper Mache armour, well at least I never have any issues. so 2 v1 and we have cap advantage, thanks to me and cap points. The issue is I am a one shot to the Chafee, he is full health and my Kv1S is full health too, although he has done nothing. Chafee does the right thing, seeing Im a 1 shot, and on 4 kills and he is full health, and my Kv1S has done nothing. We are together, or at least I thought we were, KV1s was guarding a cap with me in middle of map.

So chaffee approaches, and I think yes, mastery here, top gun, all the rest, Ill sit back and the Kv1S will do hard work. But no, chaffee comes at me and the KV1S has left, gone behind some buildings. Anyway I have lost my driver too so Im not in great shape but I take a stand, I wiggling as best I can, side scraping and the chaffee keeps bouncing, but ARL of course doesn't bounce and I get him down to a one shot and all red modules when he finally gets me.

No drama, full health Kv1S who is still hiding but spotted by proximity vs the chafee who is on life support, one HE shot and its done.

Well you can guess what happened, KV1S missed or bounced 3 shots while chafee stood there basically saying you just have to hit me and Im dead, offering its side and everything.

So I got a first class, but you can probably guess I exploded, how did this happen. Sometimes RNG is not your friend and its time for a break. I think the Kv1S may have been stock but he wasn't a 35% player.

I messaged Kv1S after, just said "How, just How" but no reply.

Still having the same issues on copperfield. I think 9/10 games my Mts don't go to the pipes, the red Mts do and they get cross shots on us up top and we are no chance. The green mts hang back at the corner. I message the team every time now but no good. Anyway I digress. Don't get me started on port bay and mts!!!

What are some of your funny stories about how your team mate lost the unlosable.

Now that 'friends only' communication is on by default, you can't message just anyone. I think it should be off by default. (I realise that this happened before the change tho)

Greens 0 / Reds 7 situation normal..

TnkDztroyer #6 Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:29 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles

View PostWolfgang_Kopp, on 23 January 2020 - 02:14 PM, said:

My funniest battle was that: 

But I didn't like it though......

Un-be-lieve-able! the most I've had is 3 zeros. (maybe 4?)

TnkDztroyer #7 Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:39 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles

View Postcameron1979, on 22 January 2020 - 10:13 PM, said:

What really irks me is when I've been busting my guts doing everything I can to win, basically carrying the game, while the rest of the team is mostly doing very little, then I get killed, leaving only one red and three, or even four, greens. So then I heave a sigh of relief thinking I've done enough, but no, the red kills them all.. :facepalm:

TnkDztroyer #8 Posted 24 January 2020 - 04:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles

View PostBossArdnutz, on 24 January 2020 - 08:48 AM, said:

My best was on Mines in the Bromwell. I think we had an AFK, several potatoes, red played pretty well. I took the hill early and used it well, doing heaps of damage, but my team steadily evaporated. Eventually it was 2 v 3 where the three reds were a Y5, an SU-152 and a heavy. I came down off the hill through town and engaged in a bouncing contest with the Y5, my remaining team mate followed and between us we tracked and circled the 152 down to his last few HP but he got my teammate and I was left as a one-shot, the red HT turned up and I decided discretion was the better part of valor. I did a drive-by to kill the Y5 and ran back up to the hill top to reset camo. With that done, I decided to go via their spawn to try and spot from the bushes, drove off the edge of the hill top, accidentally got some air, hit the ground too hard and exploded.

That's dropping a carry in style!

I was on that desert map (can't think of the name) which has a rail line bisecting it, an underpass, and a ramp midway. I was driving up the ramp from the desert side in my Kuro to cross over, and just as I reached the top and was about to go over, a KV2 was driving past and I landed on top of it, which killed it, but I was stuck there for the rest of the game half on the ramp and half on the KV2! I couldn't move!  :teethhappy:

cameron1979 #9 Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:34 PM

Corporal

• 16040 battles
  • [FLY]

View PostSTEEL_Firestorm, on 23 January 2020 - 03:00 AM, said:

Wait, was the KV a 35% player or not? 

KV1S player was 48%, I was saying I couldn't believe he couldn't finish it and when he didn't I was surprised he wasn't a 35% player, just continued my great day.

Another great night tonight, 6 games, 4 complete AFK and another game where the guy woke up when we were screwed anyway and he was 1 of only 2 top tier, so 1 win out of 6 before I gave up. Another battle where 2 top tiers had an average win rate of 36% as well as an AFK.  

Good times, bad luck just comes in batches.

cameron1979 #10 Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:38 PM

Corporal

• 16040 battles
  • [FLY]

Oh yeah I had another game where there was 4 zero scores in that block of 6, 2 AFKs in that battle.

It was time to go to bed after 6th battle.

Ive been away and been having internet trouble due to multiple people always online, holidaying with multiple families and not great internet to begin with, tonight was the first night where I had clear internet in 10 days and I got this.

aazim #11 Posted 26 January 2020 - 03:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 26704 battles
  • [_404]

lets make this post for real bad teams. this is mine: http://imgur.com/a/ufN1Ll6

cameron1979 #12 Posted 05 February 2020 - 02:46 PM

Corporal

• 16040 battles
  • [FLY]

So a bad couple of days, I think I might need an extended break.

So basically my WR has dropped .1% over 2 days, with my games it means I have lost 30 games more than I have won, Ive only played 60 battles, that means I am winning 25%. My last 4 battles in a mini session tonight was spot on 25%, I averaged over 1800dmg in those 4 games at tier 6. I heard Meadsy the other day talk about match-making being random but maybe they need to do something about it to make it closer.

My teams seem to do or consist of the following hair pulling traits

- Being bottom tier for 10 battles in a row

- Top tier players who are all 40% players while red top tier are 55% types

- Green top tier tanks all OP or really good, green top tier pew-pew tanks. Had a battle today where I was bottom tier 7 HT, top tier red had Is3, Is6 and Vk100, we had the AMX autoloader HT as lone top tier HT which struggles to pen any of those. Number of times top tier has a smasher, drac, WZFT and we get a T71, or a ST Emil or a Bulldog, Emils and Bulldog just seem to stink every battle they are on my teams. Every time I have a bulldog on my team I know they will die first and we will lose if they are top tier.

- Team not sticking together while reds always do. I think it was Bushka who said teams who stick together win 70%+ of battles. I even issue a plan at the start of battles which is ignored every time, I play the percentages I admit but if you dont like it say something. Its especially annoying when tanks head off in one direction and then change their minds

- Players not understanding maps or team line ups - FGS Port Bay or Middleberg. Port bay is won or lost on Mts going flank if both teams head to c cap and have 3 mts each, if 3 red mts go flank and only 1 green does guess what, we lose, I think im 6 battles in a row where reds have done the right thing and my mts have stuffed it. Number of tanks who go town on middleburg drives me insane!! This while reds go where you want your team to go. However teams have been better on copperfield for some reason which has been a bugbear of mine.

- AFK rampant on my teams. Best was a platoon of ISU TDs at tier 7, one was afk, the other wasn't but sat right next to his mate like a dog, both did zero.

- Tanks who take 30 seconds to move so you don't know where to go or whether they are AFK or not.

- Tanks playing wrong role, best was a platoon of waffles who bottom tier charged into enemy territory on the bell and were deleted instantly, or the Vk2801 who literally took the best sniping spot on Castilla. TDs on mines who don't watch over the hill. MTs who charge into the HT initial zone and get deleted, what did they think was going to happen

- Players just sitting in the open while reds are behind cover. No the reds wont see me cause I have a invisibility cloak. Second last battle it was down to 2 on 2 and pretty even, all 4 tanks behind cover, my team mate just pulls out and sits there, doesn't move and says hit me, and they did , we lose. If he had stayed in cover we might have had a chance.

- Players who go lone wolf and then complain when they die.

- Your team finds a way to lose the unlosable like the clown in a LT who rammed the TD and died on supremacy on vineyards when it was in the bag when it was 6-1 on our favour and we lose on cap points.

What do you do when a run like this happens, I tried stopping after 3 losses, but when its 9 losses over 3 sittings what do you do? Inevitably on one of these runs RNG then destroys you so I return to my trusty ARL and you know the team line-up once you even get a top tier some random Kv2 will smash you from across the map with there lone shot for the battle. That and your shot bounces of a MT25 even with your 220 pen AP round.

I think they need to try and even teams up or even better make it harder for players to progress, Ill put my hand up, I went up too soon at times and it was way harder back then, the number of players who are out of their depth at all levels is amazing, where is the fun in it, especially in a MT or LT, I can understand a 40% in a death star looking for that 1 shot every 5 games, apparently that's the joy in golf for unskilled players, but getting slaughtered for 400dmg at tier 10 for 100 battles cant be fun. Mts can get carved up way faster than Hts or TDs so I wonder why less experienced or skilled players play these tanks.

Meadsy showed a guy on stream the other day who had a crack at him, he had played 1000's of battles at tier 10, some tanks over 2000 battles alone and not one tank was over I think 700 dmg on average, how can that be fun. When u think about it if a guy is like me 52%WR, that is career WR so it will be worse at higher tiers so your 42% player is probably 35% at tier 10 if lucky.

By the way if you want to watch a master at work, go watch juicy tender steak (may not be correct) on you-tube. I have watched the most popular CC's but this guy is amazing, another level. yes he may not be as entertaining or personable but my god he can play.

Rant over, things need to change.

Edited by cameron1979, 06 February 2020 - 12:57 AM.

cameron1979 #13 Posted 05 February 2020 - 03:20 PM

Corporal

• 16040 battles
  • [FLY]

Next battle after this rant. Bottom tier in my trusty ARL, on Dead Rail, ie TD paradise, reds have 3 top tier Russian TDs, no platoons, we have no top tier TDs and only a Pew-pew tier 6 TD. But we did have a Bulldog. You can guess what happened, Bulldog did which all green bulldogs have done the past 2 days, ran away from team into the open, fired 1 shot which bounced and got deleted in first 20 seconds. this after myself and another player were messaging him to stop due to TDs. safe to say we were slaughtered.

The player base is small I know on ASIA but surely there is some system where 1 team can have 1 top tier td while the other has 2 instead of one team having 3 and the other none, especially on that map. Yes I know mts have better camo and should use it against TDs but at tier 7 there are not many who know how that works well, especially against that.

Edited by cameron1979, 05 February 2020 - 03:21 PM.

cameron1979 #14 Posted 05 February 2020 - 03:37 PM

Corporal

• 16040 battles
  • [FLY]

Last battle of night, bottom tier, on port bay, had to be. So each team has 3 mts. I type all right, mts cross river and flank, all mts please. Guess what happens, 1 mt try's to flank but gets connection issues, fair enough, 1 mt goes town alone and dies early, and the other goes to Ht spot and dies early. Both do 400dmg each so at least not 0. We lose of course but I did 1900Dmg and 3 kills. 3 red mts go to right spot. This is tier 6 & 7, not 1 and 2, if you don't know this then I don't know what to do any more.

At least top tier Mt was a T43 and not a bulldog or SP1C.

Jesus wept. God hates me.

Edited by cameron1979, 05 February 2020 - 03:38 PM.

DieWithYourBootsOn #15 Posted 08 February 2020 - 09:55 AM

Corporal

• 7043 battles

Cameron1979, I know I and a lot of others feel your pain. I go through the same thing with Blitz every other day to a large degree.

2 days ago I played 6 matches in a row with T23E3.

In 4 I was Lower Tier.

But in fact, I counted, and in the 6 battles there were 42 opponent tanks.

20 were Same Tier as me (Tier 7).

17 were Higher Tier and only 5 were Lower Tier through the 6 games.

17-5 is ridiculously out of balance!

Then, of course, to make matters worse, on review I found that I'd had 11 players score 0 DPB in the 6 matches!

That's essentially 2 AFK, 0 DPB tanks on my side per match. In other words, we went into each match 2 guns down!!

WG needs to fix this up some, both with MatchMaker and with the AFK losers. At least put a drone in if a player doesn't move their tank in the 1st 30 seconds.

DieWithYourBootsOn #16 Posted 08 February 2020 - 09:57 AM

Corporal

• 7043 battles

Oh, to add, I guess it goes without saying, that I was awarded 6 straight losses in the "games" (definitely not battles) described above.

I'm checking alternative games in Steam - preferably games that are standalone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users