How do you play the at8 tier 6 brittish tank destroyer?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

The_Panzer_4 #1 Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:49 AM

Private

• 6918 battles
  • [KV666]
So I have unlocked the at8. I already have the 17 pounder gun from firefly so I already had top gun. The tank is very slow and I just dunno how to use it. Once I start moving, my entire team is already in the most of battle. Once I arrive, there is only like 2 survivors left. How do you play this thing?!?!?!?

TnkDztroyer #2 Posted 18 January 2020 - 04:22 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles

You can use it to snipe, but otherwise you need team support. So you can lead and attack using your armor if the team are with you, or you can fight from the rear of the pack if the team are attacking. but if the team are clueless and don't give you any support, you're an easy target usually. and if you're attacked you mustn't let anyone get behind you, because then you are defenseless. but I'm not a great player, and others here will have more advice, I'm sure. and check for youtube videos on how to play it.

edit: also, I found the AT8 (much?) harder to play than AT2 so I just stayed with AT2.

Edited by TnkDztroyer, 21 January 2020 - 02:12 AM.

Greens 0 / Reds 7 situation normal..

ankitgusai19 #3 Posted 18 January 2020 - 05:32 AM

First Lieutenant

• 52777 battles
  • [SMRT]
Free xp to AT-7. 
If you dont have enough free xp only play while 2x .

DieWithYourBootsOn #4 Posted 20 January 2020 - 02:14 AM

Corporal

• 6328 battles
I think teams should recognize when they have one of these tanks on their side and adjust their engagement speed to make sure the AT participates. If a couple tanks would keep the back of the AT clear it might dominate. But too tough to play for me I think because nobody wants to wait for their team.

Lord_Melchett #5 Posted 20 January 2020 - 08:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 36924 battles
  • [1914]

View PostDieWithYourBootsOn, on 20 January 2020 - 02:14 AM, said:

I think teams should recognize when they have one of these tanks on their side and adjust their engagement speed to make sure the AT participates. If a couple tanks would keep the back of the AT clear it might dominate. But too tough to play for me I think because nobody wants to wait for their team.

That would require team awareness and cooperation, which appears to be non-existent these days.

If you are going to drive the AT line, you have to accept that there will be battles where you carry with massive damage, and games where you get circled and die with zero damage.  Take a Zen approach.

I think the basic tactic has to be to go with the team.  If the team splits, go with the heavies.  If neither works, go towards the middle of the map so you can react when the reds are spotted.

Once you engage the enemy, don't over extend and get isolated.

Even then, prepare to be left last alive regularly, with hordes of reds surrounding you ...

TnkDztroyer #6 Posted 21 January 2020 - 01:49 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles

View PostDieWithYourBootsOn, on 20 January 2020 - 12:14 PM, said:

That's the problem. the team has to recognize that their AT needs to be supported and protected, and most players just don't have such awareness.

TnkDztroyer #7 Posted 21 January 2020 - 02:01 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles

View PostLord_Melchett, on 20 January 2020 - 06:03 PM, said:

That would require team awareness and cooperation, which appears to be non-existent these days.

If you are going to drive the AT line, you have to accept that there will be battles where you carry with massive damage, and games where you get circled and die with zero damage.  Take a Zen approach.

I think the basic tactic has to be to go with the team.  If the team splits, go with the heavies.  If neither works, go towards the middle of the map so you can react when the reds are spotted.

Once you engage the enemy, don't over extend and get isolated.

Even then, prepare to be left last alive regularly, with hordes of reds surrounding you ...

I find a team mistake I see so often is when an AT of any variation is firing at one or more tanks they will engage it, and try to kill it, which is not easy to do, and leave much easier kills alone. If I see this happening I yell at them to leave it to last and attack the easy targets. AT's are easy to disengage from due to their lack of mobility.

Edited by TnkDztroyer, 21 January 2020 - 02:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users