Stats Graph. WR vs Battles

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

TnkDztroyer #1 Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:48 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles

I've noticed for quite some time now that regularly the Periodic WR line intersects EXACTLY with the battles played line on the Player Stats graph on blitzstars.com. surely this could not be coincidental as it happens consistently and periodically. here's two recent examples from my graph of what I'm talking about..

https://i.imgur.com/jbn8AnX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tqZV6c8.jpg

And ppl say games aren't rigged. yeah, right....

Greens 0 / Reds 7 situation normal..

BossArdnutz #2 Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 20661 battles
  • [DERPU]
That is going to happen every time your periodic win rate is highest at the end of the period shown in the graph, and it's nothing to do with blitz.

The graph axes are automatically scaled so that the maximum value will be plotted at the very top. Because battle count can only increase over time, the maximum value for battles will always be plotted at the right hand edge of the graph. The most recent periodic win rate value is also plotted at the right hand edge of the graph, and if that also happens to be the highest value reached during the graphed period, the vertical scaling for that axis will put it at the top as well.

Check the axis values in your screenshots to see what I mean - win rate and battle count are both scaled differently in each one.

The graphing software does the same thing with the lowest value for each axis. This gives you the greatest possible vertical resolution, so you can see small changes. However, it's a bit misleading if you don't realise it's happening, because it can make small changes look like big ones.

For example, if your periodic win rate went from 50 on Monday to 100 on Tuesday then down to 0 on Wednesday and back to 50 on Thursday, you'd get a pretty jagged line on the graph. But, if instead your periodic win rate was 50 on Monday, 51 on Tuesday, 49 on Wednesday, and 50 on Thursday, the line would look exactly the same - just the numbers on the axis would be 49-51 instead of 0-100.

TnkDztroyer #3 Posted 16 January 2020 - 04:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles
Thanks for that explanation  :)

Greens 0 / Reds 7 situation normal..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users