How far did you get in the event?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

TnkDztroyer #1 Posted 09 January 2020 - 12:18 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles
I completed level 8 without spending any money, gold, or experience.

Greens 0 / Reds 7 situation normal..

RonanTheAccuser #2 Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:08 AM

Corporal

• 11810 battles
  • [A-20]
I completed stage 7... only spending 5k gold and 150k free XP

BossArdnutz #3 Posted 11 January 2020 - 12:40 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 20661 battles
  • [DERPU]
I got to level 6. I needed 20 more flakes for the snow globe. With 1 day to go I needed 300 oranges to get the next crate, and I just couldn't be bothered since all the orange crates I opened so far only had 5-15 flakes in them.

I liked most of this event but not the random nature of the grind, where some people could get a snow globe just by completing the tabletop game but others could grind hundreds of wins and still not get there.

TnkDztroyer #4 Posted 11 January 2020 - 12:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles

View PostBossArdnutz, on 11 January 2020 - 10:40 AM, said:

I got to level 6. I needed 20 more flakes for the snow globe. With 1 day to go I needed 300 oranges to get the next crate, and I just couldn't be bothered since all the orange crates I opened so far only had 5-15 flakes in them.

I liked most of this event but not the random nature of the grind, where some people could get a snow globe just by completing the tabletop game but others could grind hundreds of wins and still not get there.

You have much more experience in this game than I do, so am I correct in thinking that previous events did not include this gambling element; or at least not to such extent? and it really sucked that the price of the clementines crates kept going up. I heard it went to 500! maybe more?

Edited by TnkDztroyer, 11 January 2020 - 12:53 AM.

STEEL_Firestorm #5 Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:02 AM

Sergeant

• 26128 battles
  • [R0RY]
Completed level 8 also, but bought 2 gold boxes. You’re right about the price increase. My boxes jumped from 300 to 500 clementines which is quite ridiculous but oh well. 

TnkDztroyer #6 Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:20 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles
I wonder what percentage of players actually finished this event and got the tank and camo? most would not have I reckon.

Salted_Porg #7 Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:32 AM

Private

• 553 battles
I didn’t even bother, I got to the free V/IV sold it and quit til it ended.

WG have totally changed the game from f2p... yes you can play free if you can handle sub 40%wr because picture a stock KV-1 in tier VI have fun winning at all.

New op tanks released at a ridiculous $120Aud, crates, snow globes and the list goes on and on.

If you have even the slightest addiction to the actual fun side of this game you will be enticed and you will end up disappointed.

I know from experience because I stupidly paid 23k gold for the M60.

I never played it and asked WG to reverse it and their answer was they couldn’t put it back in the store so no. The store still had nearly 4K left to sell.

WG will continue to monitise the game add more crates etc and show little regard for fixing any issues. If you play thinking WG care at all remove those thoughts.

Good luck to everyone in 2020 and please gamble responsibly

krad55 #8 Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:13 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5 battles

One shouldn't bother.

I was continuously getting 5 snow flakes from containers, and no chance to reach even the first snow ball.

Then I tried the same on my abandoned account. Without even playing a game, only from the "desktop adventure" in 2 days I got to the snowball (every container had 50 snowflakes !!!)and got the AMX 30 B as a "present" from WG...

Is there anybody out there thinking this can be "random"? You got what you deserved according to WG, that is it. There is no anything "random" in this game.

erwin10001 #9 Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:14 AM

Captain

• 44656 battles
  • [NETS]

View PostSalted_Porg, on 11 January 2020 - 02:32 AM, said:

I didn’t even bother, I got to the free V/IV sold it and quit til it ended.

WG have totally changed the game from f2p... yes you can play free if you can handle sub 40%wr because picture a stock KV-1 in tier VI have fun winning at all.

New op tanks released at a ridiculous $120Aud, crates, snow globes and the list goes on and on.

If you have even the slightest addiction to the actual fun side of this game you will be enticed and you will end up disappointed.

I know from experience because I stupidly paid 23k gold for the M60.

I never played it and asked WG to reverse it and their answer was they couldn’t put it back in the store so no. The store still had nearly 4K left to sell.

WG will continue to monitise the game add more crates etc and show little regard for fixing any issues. If you play thinking WG care at all remove those thoughts.

Good luck to everyone in 2020 and please gamble responsibly

thats why low tier is the best.... WG knows it makes more money selling OP higher tier tanks, and sort of leaves the lower tiers alone...

of course after saying that, they might sell the Ke-ni for US$99.... :harp:

Newb179 #10 Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:23 PM

Sergeant

• 7496 battles
  • [GROWA]
If Wargaming have the chutzpah to sell the Fury for 30K gold for a first offer, they would have sold Ke Ni Otsu for USD 200 equivalent available for 2 hours only. After all it's more OP at it's tier than WZ 120 G-FT.
It's a true legend.

BossArdnutz #11 Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 20661 battles
  • [DERPU]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 11 January 2020 - 12:50 AM, said:

You have much more experience in this game than I do, so am I correct in thinking that previous events did not include this gambling element; or at least not to such extent? and it really sucked that the price of the clementines crates kept going up. I heard it went to 500! maybe more?

The equivalent event last year was similarly convoluted, and like this one the big tank reward (T-22 medium) was in a random draw with several lesser tanks. You could only get to a certain stage by grinding, but up to that point progress was completely predictable and determined by how many wins you could grind. You could grind a Pz. IV S fairly easily, one random draw moderately easily, and I think you could manage both with some difficulty. I went the draw route and ended up with a Tankenstein, which I played a handful of times then sold for silver as it's an unbelievable dog of a tank and no fun at all to play. 

Other events I can recall have all been straight grinds with progress determined by how many battles you win, how much XP you can earn, or how much damage you can do. One variation is where your progress is determined by how much XP/damage you can amass within a limited number of battles. All those events have had a second-chance element where you could complete them using gold after the grind period ended. In some cases out would have been near impossible to get the reward tank without using some gold, so it was basically play for a discount and the more skilled players could get better discounts. 

BossArdnutz #12 Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 20661 battles
  • [DERPU]

View Postkrad55, on 11 January 2020 - 03:13 AM, said:

One shouldn't bother.

I was continuously getting 5 snow flakes from containers, and no chance to reach even the first snow ball.

Then I tried the same on my abandoned account. Without even playing a game, only from the "desktop adventure" in 2 days I got to the snowball (every container had 50 snowflakes !!!)and got the AMX 30 B as a "present" from WG...

Is there anybody out there thinking this can be "random"? You got what you deserved according to WG, that is it. There is no anything "random" in this game.

That sounds like the very definition of random to me. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users