Obj 704, the least meta tank ever?

704 meta turd

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

IGNORE_MY_WINRATE #1 Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:58 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 15505 battles
  • [SUB40]
Bought the 704 coming off the back of a very nice isu-152 grind and was immediately disappointed. The gun, at 75% crew, was lacking to say the least. At 100% crew and with over half of the grind complete, I can honestly say I'm sick of the thing. Next to legends such as the WT auf pz iv, the big Russian stands up to little scrutiny. Finding time on target is exceptionally difficult, virtue of poor traverse and mediocre armour. If one of the two were to be buffed, the tank's effectiveness would be improved exponentially. It is clear that I am not alone in my disdain for the 704, as it's winrate across the servers is below average for tier IX tds and it's player count is less than half that of the Waffletractor. Acing it is also surprisingly easy, with my first being well under 5k damage and my second just a little over. Could somebody please confirm for me that the 268 is worth it

Freelancer_Tesla #2 Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:40 AM

Sergeant

• 22030 battles
  • [MAS]

Somethings to note about the 268's gun:

1) Your reload time will actually increase: 12.8s with chow and rammer compared to the 704's 11.95

2) Your shell velocity will actually decrease: 988m/s to the 704's 1144m/s with supercharge

3) However, all other gun characteristics will be improved greatly (aim time, pen, handling, dispersion and depression)

Mobility wise, it improves greatly from the 704 except post-nerf the turning feels a bit...sluggish. The armor is pretty trollish, expect to get quite a number of lucky bounces at longer long ranges.

I haven't played the 268 for a very long time but when I did it performed...decently. The 268 plays somewhat differently to the 704, rather then sniping (which you still can, just not as effectively anymore because lol shell velocity) you should be wandering at the second line behind either mediums or heavies and shooting at the enemies after they fired/are not paying attention.

Maybe there are better 268 players out there with different opinions, but this is mine.

Frequents higher tiers, because I hate tractors armed with high-caliber rifles.

SU-122-54 goes pew-pew-pew.

IGNORE_MY_WINRATE #3 Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 15505 battles
  • [SUB40]

View PostFreelancer_Tesla, on 18 October 2019 - 01:40 AM, said:

Somethings to note about the 268's gun:

1) Your reload time will actually increase: 12.8s with chow and rammer compared to the 704's 11.95

2) Your shell velocity will actually decrease: 988m/s to the 704's 1144m/s with supercharge

3) However, all other gun characteristics will be improved greatly (aim time, pen, handling, dispersion and depression)

Mobility wise, it improves greatly from the 704 except post-nerf the turning feels a bit...sluggish. The armor is pretty trollish, expect to get quite a number of lucky bounces at longer long ranges.

I haven't played the 268 for a very long time but when I did it performed...decently. The 268 plays somewhat differently to the 704, rather then sniping (which you still can, just not as effectively anymore because lol shell velocity) you should be wandering at the second line behind either mediums or heavies and shooting at the enemies after they fired/are not paying attention.

Maybe there are better 268 players out there with different opinions, but this is mine.

thanks. Sounds more like my sort of tank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users