Paranoid Noob - Have I received a chat/platoon ban?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

cameron1979 #1 Posted 14 October 2019 - 05:10 AM

Corporal

• 12331 battles
  • [FLY]

Hello

Had a run in on chat with a player the other day, player was in a KV2 who ran their mouth non-stop over two battle where they died really early in both and did no damage, then blamed team for them dying, and then because they are a quality human being started cheering when team mates died. To their disappointment we won both battles and I basically told him to shut-up in messaging after the 2nd game. Yes I got a bit angry but nothing rude or suggestions for their mother.

2 battles basically went 1) Faust went by themselves the heavy rout and died really quickly, only some ram damage which makes it even funnier but maybe that's warped, and 2) Canal, stood in the open against 2 TD's, shot twice into the ground between them and said TDs, doing no damage. I was messaging to him to get back into cover but no such luck.

There wasn't a big argument after, I think he responded as you would expect and I let it go.

Fast forward a few days since and something weird has occurred, I platoon allot with the same regular crew and I can count on 5/6 people being online when I am on, which is not wierd as its night time in Australia. However these past few days there is never anybody on other than the odd clan person and when I message them, mainly to ask about this issue, nobody has responded and the clan is normally really friendly. Also I like to give positive feedback to green team mates who play well, especially when we work well and nobody has responded where normally that is warmly received and returned.

Have I been given a message ban? Does this exclude me from platooning with friends on my list? How do I tell the details of any such ban as I dont think I have received a notification about a ban. I have a prefect 5 stars, not that means much and only get negative messages when I have connection issues or blackout issues which happened a twice last week.

Also just quickly, I play allot of tier 6 (probably 50%) and is anybody else seeing teams made up of 1 player with 2000+ games experience and everybody else 300 games or less. Seems to have been worse the past few days as well. I originally thought maybe I had been put back into that beginners league which is strange as my record the past 2 weeks has been really good for me and that isn't happening in Asia from what I've read. Tier 7+ seems to be normal but tier 6 is really wierd, you have to adjust your playing style to be more aggressive and hit on the reload otherwise you get swamped.

Paranoid Noob I know.

Thanks in advance

BossArdnutz #2 Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:13 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 17331 battles
  • [DERPU]
The chat server does seem to break for some players kind of randomly. Might be that rather than a ban, wouldn't you expect to get a notification if you were being penalised for something?

Ambulant #3 Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 55007 battles
  • [FLAME]
When you are under a chat ban, you will receive a dialog box telling you so. And also telling you when ban will be lifted. Yes, I would know because it happened to me before.

Fidel_Dionesio #4 Posted 15 October 2019 - 11:05 AM

Sergeant

• 34160 battles
  • [OO8]
check the settings you might accidentally put off or maybe the server was not good,,,, 

ShakeelMdMd #5 Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:15 PM

Corporal

• 2132 battles
  • [-ANZ-]
I did see some unexpected behavior past couple of days, my chat window only shows "connecting" for direct messages as well as English chat, even though in game the ping seems ok-ish

CaptWombat #6 Posted 15 October 2019 - 08:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• 35717 battles
  • [BOGAN]
I also can't see any online friends in my friends list.

I am able to see clan members in the clan view but no-one else

Edited by CaptWombat, 15 October 2019 - 08:40 PM.

Gentleman Tanker.

Elite911 #7 Posted 16 October 2019 - 10:37 AM

Moderator Lead

• Senior Moderator
  • 137 battles
  • [B2DV]

Hello,

There has been a chat server issue recently, which got fixed with the update 6.4. The issue was preventing people being able to see friends online and messages were sometimes not being seen by others in communications such as PMs. Clan chat wasn't affected, as far as I am aware.

Chat bans work a bit different. A chat ban stops you from sending any message at all. If you attempt to send one, a window will appear in-game stating that you are prohibited from using chat, the reason, and how long for.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.
For gameplay advice, try the WG Wiki or ask on the forums.
For reporting players, appealing bans, financial issues, etc, please contact Support. You can also report players to me, make sure you provide evidence, such as screenshots or a video.
WoT Blitz game and forum rules can be found here: Game Rules - Forum Rules.

cameron1979 #8 Posted 16 October 2019 - 11:02 AM

Corporal

• 12331 battles
  • [FLY]
Thanks everybody, fixed since new patch.

CaptWombat #9 Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:33 PM

First Lieutenant

• 35717 battles
  • [BOGAN]
Same

Gentleman Tanker.

cameron1979 #10 Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:59 AM

Corporal

• 12331 battles
  • [FLY]

Hi Elite911

Has this fault happened again? Maybe due to new patch again?

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users