T-44 free xp decision

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

YouTanker #1 Posted 12 October 2019 - 11:21 PM

Corporal

• 9158 battles

I have to decide on whether I upgrade the engine with free exp or just grind it.

Currently my T-44 has 75% crew, Top turret, Top gun, Top track, and stock engine.

There are two more engine upgrades to go. Does the engine upgrade make the tank significantly better? I've driven it in training battle and I find it to be sluggish in acceleration which is critical. I'm just not sure whether the upgrade will improve the acceleration significantly or just meh.

which option should I go with?

a. grind from stock engine

b. buy the middle one with free xp and grind the last engine.

c. Free xp all the way to the last engine.

Edited by YouTanker, 12 October 2019 - 11:22 PM.

TnkDztroyer #2 Posted 13 October 2019 - 04:53 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles
I don't have T44 so no experience with it, but generally speaking engine upgrades provide a significant improvement in overall performance. If it were me, I would be inclined to buy the second engine, and grind for the third. or if you have plenty of free exp just get both.

Greens 0 / Reds 7 situation normal..

ZIGZAGZ #3 Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:13 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 30185 battles
  • [KILLS]
T44 is a decent tier 8 MT. You shouldn't need to Free XP the line at all. Just grind it normally, with maybe a couple spare Combat/Crew boosters. Turn off supremacy since you got stock engine.

Freelancer_Tesla #4 Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:59 AM

Sergeant

• 26835 battles
  • [MAS]

1) Does the engine make the tank better?: Yes, you become one of the most nimble MTs at T8 (the bagutte mediums will still beat you by a large margin, but you have armor and a small silhouette).

2) Should I free xp the engine?: I'd say no, you'd be better off saving the free xp for some other more horrendous grind. For example, should you continue to the T-54, it might be worth saving the free xp to purchase at least the turret because spamming APCR in T10 games with the 175 pen gun will quickly burn through your credits like paper. If you really want, you could free xp the second engine but the third should be easily grindable.

PS: In case you're wondering how actually sluggish you are, with your stock engine you actually have the roughly the same acceleration of a Centurion and a Panther 2 with their top engine (and you have the benefit of not being the size of a barn). The thing making the tank more sluggish then it actually is would be the 75% crew.

Frequents higher tiers, because I hate tractors armed with high-caliber rifles.

SU-122-54 goes pew-pew-pew.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users