Rating battles

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Has your WR been falling (4 members have cast votes)

Has your WR been falling significantly post 6.0 update?

1. Yes (3 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No (1 vote [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

TnkDztroyer #1 Posted 01 October 2019 - 03:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7 battles
I'm having great games in ratings mode! I just wish my results in rating battles were used for my stats instead of those in regular battles. I'd have a WR of at least 60%, and that's in tiers 7 - 10! So this PROVES that it's the nubs, trolls, and afkers in the regular battles that are ruining our games and our scores! - and that MM sucks!

Edited by TnkDztroyer, 01 October 2019 - 05:06 AM.

The Valkyria Chronicles tanks have arrived! Hurry up and Pay to Win!

Newb179 #2 Posted 01 October 2019 - 03:16 AM

Sergeant

• 5485 battles
  • [GROWA]
I hate to burst your bubble, but do you know that a 40% player can get to a diamond league simply by playing more rating battles? Around 1000 battles somebody calculated once in EU or NA server forum.
Winning rates are not the most important metrics, how much damages and kills did you get? More than a public game?

ZIGZAGZ #3 Posted 01 October 2019 - 04:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 25131 battles
  • [KILLS]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 01 October 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

I just wish my results in rating battles were used for my stats instead of those in regular battles ... So this PROVES that it's the nubs, trolls, and afkers in the regular battles that are ruining our games and our scores!

A 40% player can have 4000+ ratings and be in the platinum/diamond league just by playing more battles, and chugging up ratings. 

As ratings battles are based on total ratings of the team, it means that you have to play as good as your rating implies. So a unicum 60% is most likely in the 3500-4500 rating range, and each team will have relatively same amount of rating on each side TO MAKE IT FAIR. 

Which beckons the question, what happens when a 40% player with 4000 ratings is pitted up against a 60% player with 4000 ratings? Do you still think the teams are fair? It's this reason, and also the long wait time that most people avoid ratings.

Stats in ratings is not any better than stats in regular. If you want your stats to reflect your ratings battle, then just play ratings. They also add up to your career win rate and stats. 

Edited by ZIGZAGZ, 01 October 2019 - 04:16 AM.

TnkDztroyer #4 Posted 01 October 2019 - 04:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7 battles

View PostZIGZAGZ, on 01 October 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

A 40% player can have 4000+ ratings and be in the platinum/diamond league just by playing more battles, and chugging up ratings. 

As ratings battles are based on total ratings of the team, it means that you have to play as good as your rating implies.

Yes

So a unicum 60% is most likely in the 3500-4500 rating range, and each team will have relatively same amount of rating on each side TO MAKE IT FAIR. 

Yes

Which beckons the question, what happens when a 40% player with 4000 ratings is pitted up against a 60% player with 4000 ratings? Do you still think the teams are fair?

The games are as fair as possible because the total rating of each team is (about) the same, as you said

It's this reason, and also the long wait time that most people avoid ratings.

I have not had any long wait times. The most would be about a minute, afaicr.

Stats in ratings is not any better than stats in regular. If you want your stats to reflect your ratings battle, then just play ratings. They also add up to your career win rate and stats. 

I don't know what you mean by this. The results from rating games do not affect stats on blitzstars.

Edited by TnkDztroyer, 01 October 2019 - 04:59 AM.

TnkDztroyer #5 Posted 01 October 2019 - 05:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7 battles

View PostNewb179, on 01 October 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

I hate to burst your bubble, but do you know that a 40% player can get to a diamond league simply by playing more rating battles? Around 1000 battles somebody calculated once in EU or NA server forum.
Winning rates are not the most important metrics, how much damages and kills did you get? More than a public game?

No I didn't know that, but I don't care what league I'm in, I'm just enjoying the better games. no such thing as a ten games losing streak in rating games. :)

But I don't get what you're saying because for your rating to increase, so that you move up in the leagues, you have to play better. ??

Edited by TnkDztroyer, 01 October 2019 - 05:04 AM.

ankitgusai19 #6 Posted 01 October 2019 - 05:22 AM

First Lieutenant

• 50492 battles
  • [SMRT]
I dont play rating because I hate carrying @TnkDztroyer's arse all the time :trollface:

TnkDztroyer #7 Posted 01 October 2019 - 05:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7 battles
Now you behave yerself there young fella, or I'll come over and slap you wiff a wet lettuce leaf!...:izmena:

ZIGZAGZ #8 Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 25131 battles
  • [KILLS]

I thought all stats were included in Ratings, but it seems only a select few stats are affected by Ratings. My mistake then.

Like i said, all you need are two 4000+ ratings players of 40% win rate and 60% winrate playing at the same time in the same queue, and you'd be hating if you kept getting the 40% guy on your side. That's not fair at all, irregardless of whether both teams have the same ratings. And since the ratings queue is so small, you're probably just playing with the same few people the entire time. Not much for proper spread is there?

Newb179 #9 Posted 01 October 2019 - 03:04 PM

Sergeant

• 5485 battles
  • [GROWA]
I have never been clear how to calculate the ratings. Was it the same as Personal Ratings that is calculated in World of Tanks (PC)?
Same thing as the 5 point chart on Player page Strategic, Defender etc. What does that mean, what does 40% Strategic meant anyway? Calculated against what?
It's like wargaming throws around statistical numbers just to impress the player while not really saying much. Just like their graphical analysis of which Tanks need buff or nerf. What does that mean anyways? Does it passes proper statistical analysis?

BossArdnutz #10 Posted 01 October 2019 - 10:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 16791 battles
  • [DERPU]
I find I lose more rating points in a loss than I gain in a win - how are people moving up just by playing more games? Seems to me like moving up requires at least a 50% win rate?

ZIGZAGZ #11 Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 25131 battles
  • [KILLS]

View PostBossArdnutz, on 02 October 2019 - 06:53 AM, said:

I find I lose more rating points in a loss than I gain in a win - how are people moving up just by playing more games? Seems to me like moving up requires at least a 50% win rate?

If you play well per battle, even if you lose you should logically be losing very little points.

Let's say i do 3000 damage per battle in Tier 10 (EXAMPLE).... If I win, i'll get ~45 points. But if i lose, i'll perhaps lose only ~8 points.

So you can see where that discrepancy will come from. I will not vouch for the accuracy of those points lol, just based on some non-vivid memory i have.

Newb179 #12 Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:20 AM

Sergeant

• 5485 battles
  • [GROWA]
Not just that, if you kill a better rating player, you get some of his rating point. As I've said, rating calculation is murky and wargaming have never come clean how they come up with the numbers.

Wolfgang_Kopp #13 Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:58 AM

Corporal

• 9484 battles
  • [GROWA]

I notice that losing a game causes much more loss of points than the points you get for winning. No idea how the formula works but if you sacrifice yourself for the team to win you get punished with very little points. Because of that everyone acts selfishly and tries to kill as many as possible and inflict damage. Even when it means your teammate pushes you in the line of fire....happened several time.

I like the rating battles even my score is low but it's difficult to get up there. Just my 5 cents

ZIGZAGZ #14 Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 25131 battles
  • [KILLS]

View PostWolfgang_Kopp, on 02 October 2019 - 04:58 PM, said:

I notice that losing a game causes much more loss of points than the points you get for winning. No idea how the formula works but if you sacrifice yourself for the team to win you get punished with very little points. Because of that everyone acts selfishly and tries to kill as many as possible and inflict damage. Even when it means your teammate pushes you in the line of fire....happened several time.

These screenshots show that you don't need many kills to get minimal point loss. In both battles, the losing team's top players who did more than their fair share of damage, all had minimal point losses. And it's quite clear that anyone who did less than their own tank's HP pool got severe point losses of 30-45. 

And in the 2nd picture, if you look at my team's FV215B183 and the opponent's OBJ140, whom have SIMILAR RATINGS and did SIMILAR DAMAGE, it does reflect that you earn less rating points per win than when you lose.

However, if you look at the 2nd picture again, and observe MY SCORE versus the OBJ263 who had similar damage to me, i earned 31 points versus his 10 point loss. This is how you farm ratings. All you need to do is do MORE than your own hp, aka do more than the minimum, and you'll have a positive rating outcome overall.

EDIT: You can even get positive ratings even when you lose LOL

Edited by ZIGZAGZ, 03 October 2019 - 09:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users