Toxicity in this game

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

TnkDztroyer #1 Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:39 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles

I'm getting sick of arrogant 50 percent plus players who message us 40 (something) percent players after a game telling us not to play, to uninstall, and hurling abuse and insulting remarks. We have as much right to play as they do. Can they be reported for this?

Greens 0 / Reds 7 situation normal..

FOIL_Looney #2 Posted 26 September 2019 - 11:51 AM

Sergeant

• 16690 battles
  • [FOIL]
They can be through the ticket system but look at your gameplay first. See if you gave a them a reason. Better to fix the reason if there is one and this will stop the messages. Don't fix the reason and the messages will keep on coming.

erwin10001 #3 Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:30 PM

Captain

• 45806 battles
  • [NETS]
seems like WG removes all discussions about rules violation, so i don't expect to see this thread around for much longer...

NocturnZing #4 Posted 26 September 2019 - 01:32 PM

Sergeant

• 9068 battles
  • [NZ]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 26 September 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

I'm getting sick of arrogant 50 percent plus players who message us 40 (something) percent players after a game telling us not to play, to uninstall, and hurling abuse and insulting remarks. We have as much right to play as they do. Can they be reported for this?

Everyone has a right to play, but Teamwork to Win works both ways -

If they are contributing to the team and see others not contribute (camp in LT, not help team mates out, YOLO,..), they are going to be frustrated and yell at you. Some missions require consecutive wins (3 at times) and seeing that streak break bcos of whatever reasons, hurts.

At times if a player is new and just listens to someone giving some inputs on how to play (in-game chat, and hangar messages), if a newb heeds it, it really can make a difference.

Most times when im low tier in game, I ask "where" right at the start of battle. If a high tier responds, we know what they plan to do, if they don't I make my suggestion. I at least share what I intend to do, so team knows im invested in a strategy and don't intend to camp.

Overall, veterans need to remember that they were nubs once, and new players need to accept that however toxic veterans might be, they are 50%+ for a reason,they do know game better.

Elite911 #5 Posted 26 September 2019 - 02:20 PM

Moderator Lead

• Senior Moderator
  • 171 battles
  • [B2DV]

All our rules for the game can be found here: https://legal.asia.w...ame-rules-blitz

Insults especially can be reported to us at through our ticket system at wargaming.net/support 

Please make sure to gather screenshots of the offence.

Please do report it as we do not condone this behaviour.

Also avoid replying back to people who are insulting you as it's what they want, they are trying to get a response from you as it gives them fuel to the fire. Best thing to do is just get the screenshots or replay and either block or ignore them and report them to our team.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.
For gameplay advice, try the WG Wiki or ask on the forums.
For reporting players, appealing bans, financial issues, etc, please contact Support. You can also report players to me, make sure you provide evidence, such as screenshots or a video.
WoT Blitz game and forum rules can be found here: Game Rules - Forum Rules.

ZIGZAGZ #6 Posted 26 September 2019 - 04:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 29879 battles
  • [KILLS]

View PostElite911, on 26 September 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

Please do report it as we do not condone this behaviour.

But you condone AFK bots.

Please note that Posting false information about the Game, the Administration, moderators, users, and other persons is strictly prohibited on the forum.

User warned.

~Elite911.

TnkDztroyer #7 Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles
Twice now I've been called trash and told to stay out of ratings battles, today and yesterday. who the hell do these players think they are telling others what to do? Ratings battles are the best to play because you get more even games, so I don't care what others say or think. we all have equal rights in this game.

TnkDztroyer #8 Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:55 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles

View PostFOIL_Looney, on 26 September 2019 - 09:51 PM, said:

They can be through the ticket system but look at your gameplay first. See if you gave a them a reason. Better to fix the reason if there is one and this will stop the messages. Don't fix the reason and the messages will keep on coming.

Not being up to their standard is reason enough for them

FOIL_Looney #9 Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:09 AM

Sergeant

• 16690 battles
  • [FOIL]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 27 September 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

Not being up to their standard is reason enough for them

Sometimes yes, which if you did nothing wrong means they have no clue and should be reported. Anyone who wishes bad things on you like [edited] should also be reported. But on the other hand, if you are at tier 8 with 100 average damage and 0.1 damage and kill ratios, or going solo in your bottom tier kv-2 in spite of the team calling the other direction, or going fully over a hill with 7 enemy unspotted, etc, then maybe messages can be expected. Not saying you are doing any of that but at least look at replays objectively. I have 70k battles around the world and still look at some of mine if we lose to see where we went wrong if it wasn't obvious.

erwin10001 #10 Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:25 AM

Captain

• 45806 battles
  • [NETS]

I'm sure WG takes action to prevent totally new players who buy tier 8, 9, 10 premiums from being abused by other players 

Newb179 #11 Posted 27 September 2019 - 04:16 PM

Sergeant

• 8473 battles
  • [CPU]

View Posterwin10001, on 27 September 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

I'm sure WG takes action to prevent totally new players who buy tier 8, 9, 10 premiums from being abused by other players 

It's missing sarcasm tags, right?

This situation remind me of an old saying "You get exactly what you deserve".

And for the good players that rage and insult in game about new players it is exactly what they deserve.

How many of 55 to 65% winning rate player took the time to instruct and welcome new players? Platooning with them for example 30 games or so spread over 6 to 7 days? Or invite new players to play in training room with them?

My experiences from the opposite direction is a polite message says "No", or outright declined of the platoon invite, or the good players quit the game client.

When a new player interaction with the more experienced players consists of insult, rage, belittling, what would they do to other new players when they become more experienced?

_Schism_ #12 Posted 27 September 2019 - 04:50 PM

Corporal

• 625 battles
  • [G4H]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 26 September 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

This situation calls for what I like to call instablock.

click on their name and hit block, problem solved,

Refugee from the NA server

Chalks #13 Posted 28 September 2019 - 12:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 15385 battles

Only time I bother to initiate a post game chat is when the 40% player starts giving out orders at the start. Their orders are always stupid and when the rest of the team ignores their daft plan they rant at us the whole game instead of actually playing. They can expect something along the lines of: “Don’t give out team orders when your WR is not great. Instead, try following the good players and see how they play. You might learn something”

I rarely give out orders these days. I watch what the other lemmings do and try to adapt. If I’m the only light/medium tank I might through out a “do NOT follow me” as I race off on a spotto run (haven’t found a yellow tank yet:) )

TnkDztroyer #14 Posted 28 September 2019 - 12:22 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles

View Post_Schism_, on 28 September 2019 - 02:50 AM, said:

This situation calls for what I like to call instablock.

click on their name and hit block, problem solved,

yep. exactly what i do- block anyone/everyone who abuses me. but I should say not all post game chats are bad. I've also had praise, and advice, and thanks for upvotes.

ZIGZAGZ #15 Posted 28 September 2019 - 01:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 29879 battles
  • [KILLS]

When you play with people that throw away your game, i think they warrant being criticised & insulted, don't you think so? 

I'd gladly take a mute just to have my fill insulting people.

Scenario:

I try to save the P43. Targets are 1hit KO on an Emil gun, 've the depression to challenge the corner, and am willing to lose some blood to get the 2 tanks off the map.

But my own team mate is just making life difficult.

1. Losing sight of target when he could spot even behind cover by slanting onto the hill side instead of staying on flat ground.
2. Driving in the same direction as Emil when he should have gone from the right side up. Enemies can only aim 1 target at a time, and he doesn't understand this.
3. Pushing the Emil just so he could get a fkin shot when I timed my run and reload speed perfectly to kill Tiger. WHy would anyone with a brain push a turretless tank with enough alpha to 1 hit? This was the game moment that caused us to draw. He should just go afk in one corner if he doesn't want to bring his brain to the game. No one will even care if he did. 

Unintentional mistakes are the worst, because after this game, that P43 still doesn't know what he did wrong. If everyone stays quiet, then he's just going to do the same thing again next time.

Edited by ZIGZAGZ, 28 September 2019 - 01:50 AM.

Newb179 #16 Posted 28 September 2019 - 05:00 AM

Sergeant

• 8473 battles
  • [CPU]

Critisized, certainly. Insulted, no. When you insult a player, any valid critics or comments you make will pass through his/her ears, with nothing stopping and seeping in the middle.

But if good players don't show they care to be polite in communicating, how would the new players gets an example to be polite and receptive to new ideas?

TnkDztroyer #17 Posted 28 September 2019 - 05:16 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles

View PostNewb179, on 28 September 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

Critisized, certainly. Insulted, no. When you insult a player, any valid critics or comments you make will pass through his/her ears, with nothing stopping and seeping in the middle.

But if good players don't show they care to be polite in communicating, how would the new players gets an example to be polite and receptive to new ideas?

I agree. and when players see others abused and insulted, they think that's normal and ok to do, so they do it too. but of course, during a game emotions come into play, and we've all been guiltiy at times of calling other players idiots and morons during a game. But when players take the trouble to look up another player and message them after a game just to insult and abuse them, that is taking it to a whole new level.

Elite911 #18 Posted 28 September 2019 - 08:45 AM

Moderator Lead

• Senior Moderator
  • 171 battles
  • [B2DV]

Since the topic has been answered regarding if players can report insults to support, I will be closing this topic now before it turns into personal insults.

Discussing in-game rule violations on the forum is also prohibited in accordance to our forum rules: http://forum.wotblitz.asia/index.php?/forum-11/announcement-15-forum-rules-and-guidelines/

Section 2.5 category 5:

2.5 Off Topic, spamming and trolling
5. Creating threads/posts for purpose of reporting or discussing in game violations. Such incidences are to be directed to support

Please direct all future violations to support.

Thread locked.

~Elite911.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.
For gameplay advice, try the WG Wiki or ask on the forums.
For reporting players, appealing bans, financial issues, etc, please contact Support. You can also report players to me, make sure you provide evidence, such as screenshots or a video.
WoT Blitz game and forum rules can be found here: Game Rules - Forum Rules.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users