Rating Battle: Easy fix to make the MM so much better

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

erwin10001 #1 Posted 15 September 2019 - 12:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• 41934 battles
  • [NETS]

There are complaints about MM in rating battle because it is so unpopular (players forced to play it only because of mission) that the majority of players DO NOT HAVE A RATING. This defeats the purpose of rating battle entirely if throughout the whole season, most of the players have no rating but just playing because of mission. I am one of those that play rating to complete missions and I notice that there are still 'turbo wins/losses' because of uneven MM due to large numbers of unrated players. 

The solution would be to allow players to KEEP their rating instead of RESETTING their rating at the end of every season. 

You could do some sort of formula such as New season rating =  (previous starting rating + ending rating)/2  OR even just put each person at the starting point of the league that they ended in.

After all, if rating is supposed to be something that guides MM to create a 'fairly balanced' battle, why reset it at the end of every season? 

ZIGZAGZ #2 Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 25112 battles
  • [KILLS]

Hmm, what about the sub-50% players who got 4000+ ratings? It's really hard to get a fair team when you got some random 4000+ ratings player who is 50% on one side, and another 65% wr with 4000+ ratings on the other.

I don't think the current format of ratings or the suggested one can do anything about it.  It's also why i keep my hands off ratings.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users