WG shutting down USA server

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

TnkDztroyer #1 Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7 battles
When playing today guys were saying WG is going to shut down the US server. Does anyone know if this is true? And if so what happens to our account and our tanks? Will they be transfered to another server?
I eat Leos for breakfast!  :playing:

ankitgusai19 #2 Posted 14 September 2019 - 09:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• 50530 battles
  • [SMRT]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 14 September 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:

When playing today guys were saying WG is going to shut down the US server. Does anyone know if this is true? And if so what happens to our account and our tanks? Will they be transfered to another server?

Please dont believe what everyone says, This sounds like a pure BS. The NA server has more population/more sales /more clan war activity than SEA server. If that is closing down then this server is most definitely closing down. 
Closing down a NA server means leaving multi million $s in sales on table, no sane company would do that.

TnkDztroyer #3 Posted 15 September 2019 - 01:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7 battles
Maybe someone just started a rumor for a joke? btw, how do you know how much activity each server population has?
I eat Leos for breakfast!  :playing:

Elite911 #4 Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:04 PM

Moderator Lead

• Senior Moderator
  • 137 battles
  • [B2DV]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 14 September 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

If something like that does happen, WG will release news of it, but at this stage it's just rumours.

As for knowing population, do you mean the total population per server or how many players are online?

Total population globally from September 2018 is over 90 million accounts. I do not know each regions total amount of accounts.

For players online, you should be able to see in-game, just click on settings and it will be listed on the right underneath the Wargaming.net logo, but if you want to know how many are online per server all at once there is a bot on Discord that you can do a command to know. The bot is called WoTBot. This is a third-party app and is not endorsed by WG, so use at your own risk. There is also some stats websites that have the online playerlist displayed, 

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.
For gameplay advice, try the WG Wiki or ask on the forums.
For reporting players, appealing bans, financial issues, etc, please contact Support. You can also report players to me, make sure you provide evidence, such as screenshots or a video.
WoT Blitz game and forum rules can be found here: Game Rules - Forum Rules.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users