59 Patton [Surprisingly good]

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ZIGZAGZ #1 Posted 07 September 2019 - 04:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 25057 battles
  • [KILLS]

After hearing many people, I was under the impression that this tank was MEEHHH or bang average. And was really thinking hard about whether i should take the plunge and throw in my free gold that i had saved throughout the years.

In the end I did, as i love MTs, and boy was I surprised!

Naysayers called this trash. Bushka called this average. I call this TROLOLOLOL. The armor is definitely much more capable of bouncing shots than the Type 59. I own both. 

TURRET: They said the turret had a giant tumour that anyone could pen, but as of yet, half the shots that land on my cupola actually bounce. I actually realised this before buying it, as i played against the 59 Patton in my other tanks during the event. The turret itself is sturdy. You can't block out everything, but u bounce shots pretty often if you know what you are doing. Turret traverse is also good.

SIDES:  I've probably bounced at least a hundred shots on my sides by now. Mostly from LT/MTs. This just adds on to the wiggling factor of this tank. 

FRONT: The frontal armor is also very troll. Even a 60%+ player Foch from Tier IX had a couple misses on me as i kept wiggling at the corner. I've brawled many Type 59s and often came out on top with much more hp to spare. 

GUN: Bang average penetration on the AP (180) and you will have trouble penetrating most things frontally. But the HEAT is a godsent, was it 280 pen or something? I literally don't have to worry about meeting most tanks head on if i was stuck. The bullets tend to run a bit sluggish so do note that RNG still affects this tank even when you have aimed. The gun depression is a whopping 10 and that's very good in most positions. 

SPEED: Top speed 50kmph, adequate to get you to places in time, and enough to change the flow of the battle too. 

YouTanker #2 Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:50 AM

Private

• 5762 battles
  • [X1]
Good on you mate, I also got 59-patton during the event 100% f2p, it's a great tank. I've had a 4200 damage game bouncing hilarious amount of shots from T-43 and maybe Y5elc? 1392 xp. Unfortunately it was only 1st class mastery game. So, after 350 battles in it, I still don't have an Ace Tanker in it yet, and that kind of irritates me. My win rate in the 59 patton is 55% and average damage is 1.3k but it is increasing. Any tips? Should I just spam HEAT? since I've been running away too much away from those Lowes and IS3s frontally

Edited by YouTanker, 10 September 2019 - 04:55 AM.

ZIGZAGZ #3 Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 25057 battles
  • [KILLS]

You shouldn't be running away too much really. Well you aren't supposed to head on, but you shouldn't be afraid to when the time comes either.

If ever stuck in a head on, use prammo. If ever unsure of penetration, use prammo.

It's so easy to pen Lowe & IS-3 with the HEAT's 280 pen.

Just pay the credit price of the prammo, it's a premium tank and it'd rarely ever lose credits anyway.

Edited by ZIGZAGZ, 12 September 2019 - 05:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users