Daily Victories,Winds event-what should a noob do?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

BigBen22 #1 Posted 28 August 2019 - 04:53 AM

Corporal

• 3165 battles
  • [BLOKE]

I was really looking forward to this since I am going up some new tank lines and could really use those t6/7/8/9 50% discount coupons. I don't have much free XP.

The time limit was a bit of a challenge imo - one week to use all these discount coupons since their timer runs at just 1 day difference.

However I am really struggling to get the exp needed to use these coupons. Could use some advice.

1. I am being constantly downtiered, maybe because the Winds event is also running, tiering is top heavy. This makes getting normal xp a pain.
  2. Since like me, other noobs are also rushing to use these coupons, games are extremely lop sided, and the only ones benefitting from event are the veterans who already have fully geared tanks, cos I haven't been able to do much in the stock tank I got for new line.
  3. Yes there is free xp from daily victories on alternate days, but 1000 or 1200 free XP is 1/7th or 1/8th of what I even need to upgrade just the gun so than I can open the chain to the next level tank (to use the next level 50% coupon)

Im slightly overwhelmed, what can I do to maximize what I can achieve during this events?

IGNORE_MY_WINRATE #2 Posted 28 August 2019 - 05:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 18141 battles
  • [18WOT]
win more :)

TnkDztroyer #3 Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:01 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles

View PostBigBen22, on 28 August 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

I was really looking forward to this since I am going up some new tank lines and could really use those t6/7/8/9 50% discount coupons. I don't have much free XP.

The time limit was a bit of a challenge imo - one week to use all these discount coupons since their timer runs at just 1 day difference.

However I am really struggling to get the exp needed to use these coupons. Could use some advice.

1. I am being constantly downtiered, maybe because the Winds event is also running, tiering is top heavy. This makes getting normal xp a pain.
  2. Since like me, other noobs are also rushing to use these coupons, games are extremely lop sided, and the only ones benefitting from event are the veterans who already have fully geared tanks, cos I haven't been able to do much in the stock tank I got for new line.
  3. Yes there is free xp from daily victories on alternate days, but 1000 or 1200 free XP is 1/7th or 1/8th of what I even need to upgrade just the gun so than I can open the chain to the next level tank (to use the next level 50% coupon)

Im slightly overwhelmed, what can I do to maximize what I can achieve during this events?

you can:

1. Play more. you get free exp every game you play, win or lose

2. Use free exp boosters, buy some if necessary with gold

3. Convert any Elite experience using gold.

4. Platoon. platoon wins give you more exp and credits

5. Play tanks you play best and win most with

6. Use premium time for 50% more exp and credits. buy it with gold or use certificates, if you have any

7. Pray to wotb gods for favorable MM and RNG. (not sure that this will work tho)  :)

Greens 0 / Reds 7 situation normal..

Haubitzenschmitz #4 Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:06 AM

Sergeant

• 670 battles
  • [4CHT8]

There is not much you can do under the present condition and at your skill level. Certainly not win more (as suggested), as that would be way over a noobs pay grade LOL.

When WG gives something for "free" like the certificates, it always comes with a HITCH, and guess what it is! I bet that not even half of the certificates will or can be used on average.

You had to be lucky to have grind 2-3 lines parallel and being close enough on the next tank in each tier. It is of course not possible to grind 2-3 (or more) tiers up continuously without spending

Gold or loads of free XP. And that's why the clock is on them. And do not forget, they want people to spend their free Xp, before the new Lines comes out LOL. Which will be after Twister Cup is finished.

Just take all the rest of the candies, use one or 2 of the certificates, and that's it. As simple as that. And do not forget to keep the free Exp certificates and bundle them to 10. You'll get 2300 for 10, instead of 2000 if single used!  Cheers.... 

Gandalf__Greyhame #5 Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:24 AM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]
I have a secret technique for grinding tanks quickly . But it is only for special players ...

IGNORE_MY_WINRATE #6 Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 18141 battles
  • [18WOT]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 28 August 2019 - 11:24 AM, said:

I have a secret technique for grinding tanks quickly . But it is only for special players ...

AFK pro

ZIGZAGZ #7 Posted 30 August 2019 - 05:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 30185 battles
  • [KILLS]

I took a quick look at your tanks.

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/asia/BigBen22

You can push the AMX French HT line, the Russian T34 MT line or the Russian KV-2 HT line.

That will allow you to use up the T6/7/8 50% discount coupons. Very achievable in a 7 day window. Plus you don't need credits if you are just researching.

Either that, or you wholeheartedly focus on the AMX French HT line, and use the T8/9 50% coupons. But that is very unlikely as you will have to play probably 100-300 battles and also, have 2-4 million credits lying around to buy the Tier 8 and upgrade slots so that u can grind to T9. 

I'd pick the former option. Much easier to achieve if you want to play it safe.

Lord_Melchett #8 Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 39193 battles
  • [1914]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 28 August 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

you can:

4. Platoon. platoon wins give you more exp and credits

I don't think this is correct.  Do you have any evidence (e.g. statement from WG, forum thread with stats, etc.) to support that you get more exp and credits from a platoon win?

TnkDztroyer #9 Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:10 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles

View PostLord_Melchett, on 01 September 2019 - 06:14 PM, said:

I don't think this is correct.  Do you have any evidence (e.g. statement from WG, forum thread with stats, etc.) to support that you get more exp and credits from a platoon win?

I was sure i saw it somewhere, but I could be wrong

__GetFunked__ #10 Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7277 battles

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 01 September 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

I was sure i saw it somewhere, but I could be wrong

Think you might be confusing it with clan supply. Platooning contributes more to clan supply, Dont think (and i might be wrong) you get more experience and creds for playing in platoons.

TnkDztroyer #11 Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7 battles

View Post__GetFunked__, on 04 September 2019 - 05:27 PM, said:

Think you might be confusing it with clan supply. Platooning contributes more to clan supply, Dont think (and i might be wrong) you get more experience and creds for playing in platoons.

Yes, that could be what I had in mind

BossArdnutz #12 Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:55 AM

First Lieutenant

• 26753 battles
  • [4CHT8]
I used it to unlock the M6, AMX M4 45 (wow that's a nice tank), KV-4, B-C 25t AP, and Obj.140 (thus eliting my T-54). The only one I've actually purchased so far is the AMX but I'm really liking it so far (up to about 90% crew and all modules).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users