Time to blast myself with another tier IX grind.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PANPAKAPAAAN2427 #1 Posted 18 August 2019 - 11:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 375 battles
  • [TDAF]

It's been well over a year since I last grinded out a tier IX. The Centurion 7/1 wasn't bad but my god the final push for last gun was mind numbing. And here I am with a couple of tier IX tanks ready for research with the 50% vehicle research discount cert and I was thinking of using it. 

The tanks in question are:

The E 75: I have to buy back the Tiger II but I didn't like how it handled so I'm wondering if the 75 is any better. 

The T54E1: Now this is the odd one out as I went for the T49 so I don't know how American medium/heavy auto loaders differs from the the French medium/heavy auto loaders. 

The T-54: I got the exp needed form the Ltwt a couple of months ago I just need to buy it.

The Conqueror: Have the xp need for the discount research cost. Already have top engine unlocked.

The Type 61: I've been eyeing the STB-1 for a while now but I don't want to waste the discount if the tier IX and X are enjoyable.

"Okay, It's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL.  

Leader of the Tea drinkers and Anime fan clan.

Survived two years of Blitz.

IGNORE_MY_WINRATE #2 Posted 19 August 2019 - 12:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 14808 battles
  • [SUB40]

the t54 is a pretty solid drive from the start. The stock turret is actually quite effective and the gun works...   somewhat fine

Chalks #3 Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 15380 battles

I’ve got the E75, T-54 and Conqueror. But I got them all years ago so I’m sure they’ve been nerfed/buffed since. I enjoyed all three and have solid WR in the 54 and Conqueror and the E75 has a WR of 60% over 300 odd games. All 3 are enjoyable tanks. The E75 seems to reward my aggressive play style and I’m still doing well in it this month.

if you know your play style that might help work out which one to go for. Do you want one that fits with the current you, or do you want to challenge yourself and learn how play differently?

ankitgusai19 #4 Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:48 AM

First Lieutenant

• 50092 battles
  • [SMRT]

View PostPANPAKAPAAAN2427, on 19 August 2019 - 04:33 AM, said:

It's been well over a year since I last grinded out a tier IX. The Centurion 7/1 wasn't bad but my god the final push for last gun was mind numbing. And here I am with a couple of tier IX tanks ready for research with the 50% vehicle research discount cert and I was thinking of using it. 

The tanks in question are:

The E 75: I have to buy back the Tiger II but I didn't like how it handled so I'm wondering if the 75 is any better. 

The T54E1: Now this is the odd one out as I went for the T49 so I don't know how American medium/heavy auto loaders differs from the the French medium/heavy auto loaders. 

The T-54: I got the exp needed form the Ltwt a couple of months ago I just need to buy it.

The Conqueror: Have the xp need for the discount research cost. Already have top engine unlocked.

The Type 61: I've been eyeing the STB-1 for a while now but I don't want to waste the discount if the tier IX and X are enjoyable.

Tiger 2 is pretty okay, I enjoy playing it. It received a buff few patches ago but since then there are few OP tier 8 prems that have been added. E75 is solid. The armour is tier 9.5 level. Gun is not bad, it is mobile enough to bully any tier 9. For me its the best tier 9 heavy.

T54E1 - I played it when it came out. Was super under powered backed then but since received few buffs. Can't really comment on recent performance.(FYI this tank did not had HE back then...)

T54 - Still good. You will not be disappointed. the grinding is not hard either, with stock gun load a lot of gold. 

Conqueror - Situational tank, standard brit HT. Awesome gun, HESH, strong turret but otherwise no armour. With current meta little power creeped. Your WR will likely to suffer if its above 57-58%. Once it used to be a novelty to have that kind of a gun performance at tier 9 heavy. The tank that comes after it is very good though, FV215b is a treat to play. So go this route if you want to play the 215b.

Type 61 - Underdog but not under powered. This tank is seriously good. with the recent buff in its dmp its no slouch. Not a front liner, has very good view rang and a gun that can work at those rages. Slow as a medium, has no armour. I enjoyed the grind TBH. 

If I order with least difficulty in grinding stock to getting enough XP for tier 10 

Type 61 > E 75 > t54>t54E1(outdated)>Conqueror

If I order with most enjoyed / most effective(its same for me) tier 9-10 combined.
 T54E1(T57 Heavy) > E 75 (E-100) > Conqueror(FV 215b) > Type 61(stb-1) >T54(obj 140 and T62 A)

I never managed to fully enjoy obj 140 / T62 A, The skill cap to make them work effectively is somewhat high.
I have only play handful of games in sbt-1 so its low in the list.
E75 would have been first a year ago but the E-100 is not that effective anymore with increased number of average TDs in tier 10 games.
T54E1 is first(was power creeped but could be playable now) is simply because T 57 heavy is that good, the tank has everything, even got buff in recent patch.

p.s. Oh if you go medium route the grind will be more credit consuming due to more gold ammo usage and high damage taken/damage blocked ratio.

Edited by ankitgusai19, 19 August 2019 - 05:49 AM.

kuroichi22 #5 Posted 25 August 2019 - 05:37 AM

Private

• 8609 battles
  • [FROST]

View Postankitgusai19, on 19 August 2019 - 05:48 AM, said:

Tiger 2 is pretty okay, I enjoy playing it. It received a buff few patches ago but since then there are few OP tier 8 prems that have been added. E75 is solid. The armour is tier 9.5 level. Gun is not bad, it is mobile enough to bully any tier 9. For me its the best tier 9 heavy.

T54E1 - I played it when it came out. Was super under powered backed then but since received few buffs. Can't really comment on recent performance.(FYI this tank did not had HE back then...)

T54 - Still good. You will not be disappointed. the grinding is not hard either, with stock gun load a lot of gold. 

Conqueror - Situational tank, standard brit HT. Awesome gun, HESH, strong turret but otherwise no armour. With current meta little power creeped. Your WR will likely to suffer if its above 57-58%. Once it used to be a novelty to have that kind of a gun performance at tier 9 heavy. The tank that comes after it is very good though, FV215b is a treat to play. So go this route if you want to play the 215b.

Type 61 - Underdog but not under powered. This tank is seriously good. with the recent buff in its dmp its no slouch. Not a front liner, has very good view rang and a gun that can work at those rages. Slow as a medium, has no armour. I enjoyed the grind TBH. 

If I order with least difficulty in grinding stock to getting enough XP for tier 10 

Type 61 > E 75 > t54>t54E1(outdated)>Conqueror

If I order with most enjoyed / most effective(its same for me) tier 9-10 combined.
 T54E1(T57 Heavy) > E 75 (E-100) > Conqueror(FV 215b) > Type 61(stb-1) >T54(obj 140 and T62 A)

I never managed to fully enjoy obj 140 / T62 A, The skill cap to make them work effectively is somewhat high.
I have only play handful of games in sbt-1 so its low in the list.
E75 would have been first a year ago but the E-100 is not that effective anymore with increased number of average TDs in tier 10 games.
T54E1 is first(was power creeped but could be playable now) is simply because T 57 heavy is that good, the tank has everything, even got buff in recent patch.

p.s. Oh if you go medium route the grind will be more credit consuming due to more gold ammo usage and high damage taken/damage blocked ratio.

is the type 61 really that good now ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users