IS-8 upgrade order

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

BossArdnutz #1 Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 15626 battles
  • [DERPU]

Just wondering what everyone suggests for the upgrade path on the IS-8? I've got the top gun and full crew, but finding it pretty challenging due to the rather thin armour.

Does the turret offer any advantage beyond 100hp (which isn't much of a benefit in my mind)? Tracks look more important than engine as even stock it's fairly fast and the aim time reduction would definitely be useful.

Any tips for getting the most out of it would be very welcome! 

IDONTCARE_2 #2 Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:24 AM

Corporal

• 23211 battles
  • [SEALZ]

Get the gun first. This gun is 1 of the best tier 9 HT guns in game. The 258mm pen can really help you deal with tier 10 tanks. Gun handling is also great and does not feel inaccurate like the previous IS series. Then it is up to you to be as fast as mediums or a mobile support. The upgraded turrret reduces aim time and reload time (although you cannot see it in garage, use tank-compare.blitzstars.com). The engine makes IS8 a tad faster, useful but not as urgent as the gun. The suspension will make IS8 faster in both speed and aim time. So I would say go for the gun, then either turret or suspension, depending on whether you want higher dpm or move faster.

Also IS8 armor is quite weak, tier 8s can pen it as long as they can aim, tier 10s will almost always pen the hull so your best use of armor is the turret because it is round. Good luck. IS8 is a very good tank

Tanks that are my babes: WT auf Pz4 (OP/ridiculously strong and I love it), E50M, T-54, E50, Obj268, Hellcat, Bromwell, KV2, ISU152, LTTB, T54 LWT, JP2, IS7

Tanks that I hate: KV4, Tanks driven by bots or poor players (especially below tier 5), 

Tanks that I am trying to ACE: KV4, Y5 ELC

BossArdnutz #3 Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 15626 battles
  • [DERPU]
Thanks! Weird that the garage doesn't show the improved reload time, when I've gotten  enough XP for it it'll be interesting to see in game. I free XP'd the top gun already and have been enjoying the low on-the-move dispersion.

BossArdnutz #4 Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 15626 battles
  • [DERPU]
Went for the tracks, nice boost to mobility. Having a very good time so far, 62.5% WR after 32 battles with 1,591 average damage and 1.17 damage ratio (so I don't think I'm being carried too much). I've seen plenty of tier X battles as well and done ok so far. I think I'll go for the turret next and engine last.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users