The New Bay map

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

TnkDztroyer #1 Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:31 AM

Sergeant

• 7 battles
This map is totally unreal! tanks could be anywhere. it will take a lot of games to get familiar with it. and if you hate Faust, you will loathe this one. I hate Faust but I think this map will be great.
When the KV-2 get nerfted, but the Smasher doesn't, we know something is rotten in Denmark. Can anyone say "Pay to Win"?

IGNORE_MY_WINRATE #2 Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 14808 battles
  • [SUB40]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 14 August 2019 - 05:31 AM, said:

This map is totally unreal! tanks could be anywhere. it will take a lot of games to get familiar with it. and if you hate Faust, you will loathe this one. I hate Faust but I think this map will be great.

this makes a heap of sense mate. Personally, I find Faust to be fantastic. New bay is way too corridor based (particularly in supremacy). I have never seen a team move anywhere near the A cap and it just ends up as a punch up at B and C.

TnkDztroyer #3 Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:05 AM

Sergeant

• 7 battles
I haven't seen it in a game yet, but I made a training room and drove around in it.
When the KV-2 get nerfted, but the Smasher doesn't, we know something is rotten in Denmark. Can anyone say "Pay to Win"?

__GetFunked__ #4 Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:14 AM

Sergeant

• 6458 battles
  • [GNG]

I didnt like Faust at first, simply because it took a while to get used to all the different levels, lanes etc. Now I quite like it.

Gandalf__Greyhame #5 Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:15 AM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

Drove around in training room once and played a regular game once . Visually it looks stunning . About Faust , I hate it . Is till do not have any set tactics on the map . I think it will take me a long time to understand this new map . 

Gandalf__Greyhame #6 Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:16 AM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]
I think a mini boost might be possible to get on that elevated track portion which is blocked . Has anyone tried it ?

Chalks #7 Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 15380 battles

I’ve only had one game on New Bay - which I lost due to the usual vapour noobs on my team all dying in 60 seconds because they don’t how to use solid cover. It was supremacy. Two of us were able to cap C and then B with no opposition whatsoever. The reds were mostly up on the flyover near A. I’m guessing my team did the usual thing present yourself one by one and stand in the open hoping your tank will reload faster than the 5 red ones that have their barrels all pointing at you.

Running around a few times in a training room helped a lot with knowing where to go. I like the map. It’s not as multilevel as Faust which I still prefer over Port Bay which I really don’t like.

TnkDztroyer #8 Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:35 PM

Sergeant

• 7 battles

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 15 August 2019 - 04:15 PM, said:

Drove around in training room once and played a regular game once . Visually it looks stunning . About Faust , I hate it . I still do not have any set tactics on the map . I think it will take me a long time to understand this new map . 

Same. Also, regarding New Bay, I saw someone say that it's too complex a map for a fast paced seven minute game that wotb is, and I agree. Most of the map will never get used by most players.

BossArdnutz #9 Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 15626 battles
  • [DERPU]
I love maps where there are no set tactics. Improvise, adapt and overcome!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users