KV2 drivers

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

__GetFunked__ #21 Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:45 AM

Sergeant

• 5683 battles
  • [GNG]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 13 August 2019 - 11:56 PM, said:

well, waddya know about that! the top 17 tanks are ALL premiums. can anyone say 'pay to win'? btw, what the heck is a 'poopus'? and almost all the bottom tanks are tech tree. wow, how surprising. not!

Lupus

ankitgusai19 #22 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• 49657 battles
  • [SMRT]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 14 August 2019 - 05:26 AM, said:

well, waddya know about that! the top 17 tanks are ALL premiums. can anyone say 'pay to win'? btw, what the heck is a 'poopus'? and almost all the bottom tanks are tech tree. wow, how surprising. not!

You also have to weight in the fact that Premium tanks are far less and likely to be bought by player with some level of experience, ergo premium tanks tend to hold little edge over tech tree ones. (I'm not saying these top 17 tanks are balanced and stats are inflated by the sole reason I mentioned)

Gandalf__Greyhame #23 Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View Postankitgusai19, on 14 August 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

You also have to weight in the fact that Premium tanks are far less 

Total number of tier 7 tanks in the game : 59

Total number of tier 7 tech tree tanks : 30

Total number of tier 7 Premium tanks : 29

View Postankitgusai19, on 14 August 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

likely to be bought by player with some level of experience, ergo premium tanks tend to hold little edge over tech tree ones. 

I don't have any data on this for obvious reasons . I believe nubs and pros both buy premium tanks . Also since there are far more nubs than pros in the game so I think this should balance things out . The only advantage I believe is that you don't have to grind Premium tanks whereas most players will be playing stock tanks at some point and also start most tanks with 75% or even 50% crew skill . However none of the so-called good tech tree tanks come even close to the Top Premiums in WR . Premiums were originally supposed to be inferior tanks to regular ones . WG I believe has made a conscious decision to change their policy and sell OP premiums . This is the exact opposite of their original policy . Look at Panther M10 and E25 . These are probably the oldest tier 7 premiums in the game ( I might be wrong ) . But these two old premiums have the worst WR . The newer premiums all dominate the WR table .

Edited by Gandalf__Greyhame, 14 August 2019 - 05:05 PM.

TnkDztroyer #24 Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:03 AM

Sergeant

• 7 battles

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 15 August 2019 - 03:03 AM, said:

I don't have any data on this for obvious reasons . I believe nubs and pros both buy premium tanks . Also since there are far more nubs than pros in the game so I think this should balance things out . The only advantage I believe is that you don't have to grind Premium tanks whereas most players will be playing stock tanks at some point and also start most tanks with 75% or even 50% crew skill . However none of the so-called good tech tree tanks come even close to the Top Premiums in WR . Premiums were originally supposed to be inferior tanks to regular ones . WG I believe has made a conscious decision to change their policy and sell OP premiums . This is the exact opposite of their original policy . Look at Panther M10 and E25 . These are probably the oldest tier 7 premiums in the game ( I might be wrong ) . But these two old premiums have the worst WR . The newer premiums all dominate the WR table .

yep! so true all of that

My favorite tank is.... whatever I'm wining with!   :)

__GetFunked__ #25 Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:24 AM

Sergeant

• 5683 battles
  • [GNG]

Said this for a while now. Since way back before they ripped up the lower tiers under the guise of making the game "easier and less confusing for new players".

Rubbish. I said at the time that it was to do with money. Nothing to do with new players except getting them up the tiers quicker, coming up against good players and OP premium tanks and thus being tempted to buy their own. 

Since the overhaul of the lower tiers, it feels like that new tanks are coming to the store almost daily. Previously, a rare premium tank would come every now and again and we instead had to either wait for them or buy one of the tech tree premiums. These tanks were mostly, at best, a bit better than tech tree tanks or usually just as good or sometimes inferior apart from their credit coefficiency.

They made their money from premium time and tank sales. Through loot boxes and premium time certificates nowadays though, I find no need to buy premium time. I do fine for credits - they are easy accumulate. That means their main income is now from premium tanks - tanks that people are not going to buy for their credit earning abilities but instead because they are much better than the tech tree.

Tier 7 is a joke. Premium tanks make up half the available tanks and are all TO A MAN, better than the tech tree equivalents. Blitzstars shows you this with average winrates. And then, instead of nerfing some of these OP monstrosities such as the Smasher, Helsing and Drac or buffing the tech tree tanks - they instead choose to nerf the tech tree tanks to make them even more inferior.

ankitgusai19 #26 Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:37 AM

First Lieutenant

• 49657 battles
  • [SMRT]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 14 August 2019 - 10:33 PM, said:

Oh, I meant in a sense that there are less Lupus compared to tiger/t29/IS and Average skill of players owning Lupus is higher than other tier 7 heavy counter parts. Its just a factor we should weight in when comparing the stat of premium VS tech tree tank( in no way it justified the vast difference in stats though...)

For your other arguments yes the 75% crew does add up to pull down tech tree tanks stats a little.
I fully agree that they do sell OP premium tanks though, OP tanks makes better sales. And as I have previously mentioned they gradually buff tech tree tanks to make them more competitive and hence indirectly nerfing premium tanks. 

TnkDztroyer #27 Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:46 PM

Sergeant

• 7 battles

View Post__GetFunked__, on 15 August 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

Said this for a while now. Since way back before they ripped up the lower tiers under the guise of making the game "easier and less confusing for new players".

Rubbish. I said at the time that it was to do with money. Nothing to do with new players except getting them up the tiers quicker, coming up against good players and OP premium tanks and thus being tempted to buy their own. 

Since the overhaul of the lower tiers, it feels like that new tanks are coming to the store almost daily. Previously, a rare premium tank would come every now and again and we instead had to either wait for them or buy one of the tech tree premiums. These tanks were mostly, at best, a bit better than tech tree tanks or usually just as good or sometimes inferior apart from their credit coefficiency.

They made their money from premium time and tank sales. Through loot boxes and premium time certificates nowadays though, I find no need to buy premium time. I do fine for credits - they are easy accumulate. That means their main income is now from premium tanks - tanks that people are not going to buy for their credit earning abilities but instead because they are much better than the tech tree.

Tier 7 is a joke. Premium tanks make up half the available tanks and are all TO A MAN, better than the tech tree equivalents. Blitzstars shows you this with average winrates. And then, instead of nerfing some of these OP monstrosities such as the Smasher, Helsing and Drac or buffing the tech tree tanks - they instead choose to nerf the tech tree tanks to make them even more inferior.

interesting thoughts there

10fe6rxzjprf1 #28 Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:36 AM

Private

• 10156 battles
  • [EGUNS]
For some reason, I just feel like the smasher should be nerfed and the kv2 shouldn’t have been nerfed.  Man!  I just miss those days which I onced one shot killed a tiger 1. with an he shot that set him on fire.   Now after the "KV-2 nerf"!  I struggle  to even penatrate the sides of german heavies in tier7 at a 0 degree angle!!

TnkDztroyer #29 Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:33 AM

Sergeant

• 7 battles

View Post10fe6rxzjprf1, on 19 August 2019 - 08:36 PM, said:

For some reason, I just feel like the smasher should be nerfed and the kv2 shouldn’t have been nerfed.  Man!  I just miss those days which I onced one shot killed a tiger 1. with an he shot that set him on fire.   Now after the "KV-2 nerf"!  I struggle  to even penatrate the sides of german heavies in tier7 at a 0 degree angle!!

yep. this game is definitely 'pay to win' now

BossArdnutz #30 Posted Yesterday, 01:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 14229 battles
  • [DERPU]
I hated the KV-2 before the nerf and was no good in it. Now I'm trying to get it up to 50% WR so I can park it and never drive it again. Using the 107mm seems slightly less irritating than the total lottery that is the 152mm HE.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users