The Collectors corner: M3 Lee

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

PANPAKAPAAAN2427 #1 Posted 08 July 2019 - 04:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 384 battles
  • [TDAF]

My take on the old school tier IV American tank the M3 Lee! So anyone who has a Lee collecting dust in their garage take it out and rack up some easy Ace Mastery badges. 

Short history: Design of the Lee started in July 1940 when the US Army needed a medium tank that could use the 75mm gun and with the British demand for 3,650 medium tanks. The tank design was unusual as the 75mm was housed in an off set sponson mounted to the hull of the tank which was necessary because at  the time the US  tank Manufacturing plants didn't have the design experience to build turrets that could house a heavier 75mm gun. The tank was used in the North African campaign, Eastern Europe, Pacific war and Burma. When the development of the M4 Sherman finally started the M3 Lee was used along side the M4 before being replaced altogether and with a few M3s being used by the British against the Japanese.

Armor: The Armor is not good and with some planing you can bounce some shots but most of the time expect to be penned. 

Tier III tanks will have some problem penning you but they all will shot the double copula you have. Only good thing is these tanks you will have at least a chance to bounce some shots. 

Tier IV tanks will cut clean through the armor so hid as much of the tank you can which means hid the left side as the gun is mounted to the right. 

Tier V tanks will do the same so apply the same techniques as stated above. 

​How the M3 Lee compares to the new tier IV medium tank:

Equipment:

Tier I Slot I: GR.

Tier I Slot II: DS. 

Tier I Slot III: Imp Opt. 

Tier II Slot I: EGLD.

Tier II Slot II: Imp As.

Tier II Slot III: Imp Ctrl. 

Tier III Slot I: V-Stabs.

I would run the Enhanced Tracks and Consumable Delivery System for the last two.

Consumables:

Provisions:

Conclusion: The tank overall sucks but its one of the odd tanks in Blitz and having it some what a rarity to be seen in low tier battles make some fun and a challenge to play even now I still have not gotten completely use to where the gun is on the tank.

"Okay, It's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL.  

Leader of the Tea drinkers and Anime fan clan.

Survived two years of Blitz.

_RB_33_ #2 Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 22879 battles
  • [101AS]
Ah the M3 Lee... It was considered by the majority to be that one tank in the US medium line to be a drag... On the other hand, players who played this and did well are rewarded with bragging rights. For those who still have it, play it like a TD instead of a medium tank since it is a TD with a medium tank label and play accordingly.

_RB_33_ #3 Posted 21 September 2019 - 07:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 22879 battles
  • [101AS]
My apologies for the double post and necropost. I just couldn't resist bringing back the M3 Lee in my garage when I found out that I could...

Took her out for a sortie for old times sake and I had a good barrel of laughs when I encountered a horde of 14TPs... Between sniping them and ramming and knocking them out with a shot, I was able to snag 5 kills. Tanked a lot of shots too while paying back double the damage thatbthey deal to me.

Technically, I should have been at a disadvantage as the 14TP should have the mobility and flexibility advantage but these fellows just played into the M3 Lee's of medium tange shooting andballowed themselves to get rammed silly.

Either these folks are just lazily grinding their new Euro tanks, hoping that their team will carry them, or they really are newbies who are really clueless as to how to deal with an M3 Lee, considering that it's setup as a TD but has to act like an MT.

BossArdnutz #4 Posted 28 September 2019 - 11:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 17294 battles
  • [DERPU]
Anyone that started after 5.5 would not know much about the Lee. I Started at about 3.8 and even back then I hardly ever saw them.

Diamond114 #5 Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:48 PM

Captain

• 16298 battles
  • [408]

View Post_RB_33_, on 22 September 2019 - 04:38 AM, said:

My apologies for the double post and necropost. I just couldn't resist bringing back the M3 Lee in my garage when I found out that I could...

Took her out for a sortie for old times sake and I had a good barrel of laughs when I encountered a horde of 14TPs... Between sniping them and ramming and knocking them out with a shot, I was able to snag 5 kills. Tanked a lot of shots too while paying back double the damage thatbthey deal to me.

Technically, I should have been at a disadvantage as the 14TP should have the mobility and flexibility advantage but these fellows just played into the M3 Lee's of medium tange shooting andballowed themselves to get rammed silly.

Either these folks are just lazily grinding their new Euro tanks, hoping that their team will carry them, or they really are newbies who are really clueless as to how to deal with an M3 Lee, considering that it's setup as a TD but has to act like an MT.

Well done, young Padawan

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

_RB_33_ #6 Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 22879 battles
  • [101AS]

View PostDiamond114, on 09 October 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

Well done, young Padawan

It was a lucky situation that favored the M3 Lee

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users