The Collectors corner: Pz III A

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

PANPAKAPAAAN2427 #1 Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 583 battles
  • [TDAF]

With Blitz turning 5 we get a look at our B day free gift. The Pz III A and its kind of a disappointment I mean last time we got to chose between some good low tier premium tanks like the BT-7A, LTP and the M3 Light (Before they got curbed stomped into collector tanks) but its free and no one is going complain too much about a tier III light tank when all attention will be on the new Defender tanks. So here is my short take on the Pz III A.

Short History: The Pz III was developed to engage other tank forces while paired up with Pz IVs which at the time had the short stubby barrel to deal with soft targets and AT guns (they would soon switch roles with the Pz IV having a longer barrel and the Pz III with the short barrel). The tank in Blitz seems to point to it being the F model of the Pz III.

Armor: No armor most tanks will pen but you can get some bounces from the turret front.

Play style: 

Against tier III tanks: Peek a Boom, CoD and can manage in one V one fight (If you know what you are doing). 

Against tier IV tanks: Peek a Boom and CoD sometimes you can pull off one V ones but most of the time you'll get your Daimler- Benz  a s s kicked.   

Consumables: You only have two. Multi-purpose restoration kit and engine power boost.

Equipment:  

If you want to keep the tank then this is what I run. 

Tier I Slot I: GR

Tier I Slot II: IM

Tier I Slot III: IO 

Tier II Slot I EGLD

Tier II Slot II: IA

Tier II Slot III: IC

For the final slots you can run what ever you want if you wanted to have all equipment unlocked.

Conclusion: Like the name this tank is pure collector with the only thing I can think of to keep this tank is to ace it then sell or if you are a collector of all tanks or just like German tanks. 

"Okay, It's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL.  

Leader of the Tea drinkers and Anime fan clan.

Survived two years of Blitz.

jzmalexander #2 Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:21 PM

Sergeant

• 17901 battles
  • [JD]
I also thought it was a meh tank, by i've played a few games ad its ok. Its mobility is ok but not great for a light tank, but the gun is very nice indeed. Btw, what do you think of the new Y5 tanks? I love the fact that wargaming added new engine sounds for all the defenders now.

TnkCmndrToo #3 Posted 20 June 2019 - 06:22 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5810 battles
  • [FOES]
Good guide, meh tank. I much preferred the choice of three last year, but hey - it's a free tank. Or free gold, at least.

__GetFunked__ #4 Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7277 battles
  • [GNG]

View Postjzmalexander, on 19 June 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

I also thought it was a meh tank, by i've played a few games ad its ok. Its mobility is ok but not great for a light tank, but the gun is very nice indeed. Btw, what do you think of the new Y5 tanks? I love the fact that wargaming added new engine sounds for all the defenders now.

They sound like a swarm of flies - but yeah, its good that they have added new sounds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users