"Blitz Turns 5!" Operation

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

RibbleStripe #1 Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:44 AM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

Commanders! As part of the World of Tanks Blitz 5th anniversary celebrations, we've prepared a special present for our players—a Gift Box full of rewards. The presents include Premium vehicles, Premium Account time, attachments, a rare camouflage, a legendary avatar, and useful resources. We've even baked some Sweet boosters! Yes, they are real cakes. We hope you're hungry.

Full news text

__GetFunked__ #2 Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:49 AM

Sergeant

• 4414 battles
  • [GNG]
Very interesting.

PANPAKAPAAAN2427 #3 Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 315 battles
  • [TDAF]
I'm a little confused about the gift boxes like once you earn level ten do you automatically receive the Y5 T-34 guaranteed plus some other prizes or does tank have a chance of dropping.   

"Okay, It's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL.  

Leader of the Tea drinkers and Anime fan clan.

Survived two years of Blitz.

__GetFunked__ #4 Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:33 PM

Sergeant

• 4414 battles
  • [GNG]

View PostPANPAKAPAAAN2427, on 18 June 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

I'm a little confused about the gift boxes like once you earn level ten do you automatically receive the Y5 T-34 guaranteed plus some other prizes or does tank have a chance of dropping.   

Absolutely no clue - that video is very confusing. 

__GetFunked__ #5 Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:35 PM

Sergeant

• 4414 battles
  • [GNG]

An interesting post from the EU forums has put a bit of a dampener on the tanks though:

According to the Blitz video, it's possible to win all the tanks without putting money in. I'm curious... 

I thought the tanks would be defender like tanks - autoloaders - but that's not the case. Blitz hangar states that they all have 1 shot guns, all 3 with 160 alpha. The Y5 T-34 is a T-34 with higher DPM (1400 vs 1200) if you compare the 160 guns of course. The Y5 has worse penetration (110 vs 125) which is still adequate for tier 5. The Y5 has better aimtime and dispersion so will be much easier to use. The mobility is also better, both better acceleration and top speed, but the traverse is definitely worse (37 vs 46). 

All in all I think this tank won't suck, it will be better than the T-34 with the 160 alpha gun, but you should drive it with the 90 alpha anyway, that's at least my opinion. 

The Y5 Firefly is a tier 6 tank. This is a whole different story, as it's worse than the Firefly (everything considered) which isn't the best tank to begin with. It has subpar penetration (130 vs 171) with worse dispersion and almost the exact same DPM. The mobility is a bit better but nothing extraordinary. This one gets 10 degrees of gun depression though, which will make it possible to play it more like an Easy 8. The armor is subpar as well, but a bit better compared to the Firefly. 

The Y5 AMX ELC bis is surprisingly enough a tier 7 tank, which means we can't compare it to the tier 5 AMX. And it's not a good tank. I guess it will work, but it's basically a worse T23E3 which is a solid tank but nothing extraordinary. It has the same 160 alpha, witch worse penetration, worse DPM, worse aim time, worse gun depression (7 vs 10)... It has a better mobility but the same top speed. And that's only compared to a tank that already struggles at tier 7 against Helsings, Dracula's and other fantasy tanks + a lot of well armored heavies. I don't think this tank will shine in any way. And neither brings it something new to the table. I don't think this tank is worth the grind (we don't know yet how hard the grind will be, at least I don't know).

Edit: I forgot to mention that the Y5 AMX ELC bis also has significantly worse armor compared to the T23E3... A HE magnet for sure.

RibbleStripe #6 Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:55 AM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

Event is starting soon and we have news to share. 

Unfortunately there is an issue not giving bonus candles (for victory and allies with sweet boosters). It happens only if you leave the battle before it ends. This is why we recommend you to stay in the battle even if your tank is destroyed. Cheer for your teammates to receive extra candles! 

Also today event will be available only for players who have at least one tier 5 or higher researchable vehicle. 

We'll fix that and tomorrow (after server restart) event will work the way it should. We bring you apologies for any possible inconveniences. B-Day event will be extended for 1 day.

wtbtester6 #7 Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:43 PM

Private

• 192 battles

It seems that I am excluded for some reason. I am only level 3, but some of my colleagues are at that level too and they have the Blue Crate icon on their desktops/ garages... why not me ?

Support told me that it's because I dont have a level 5+ tank.. but my colleagues dont either... so Support is not "informed"... I feel sad being left out. - regardless as to what others feel about the various "Tanks" on offer.   So as a beginner,  I have nothing, and when an offer of sunshine turns to rain...I feel sad. Is this how it always is ?

Edited by wtbtester6, 20 June 2019 - 03:47 PM.

wtbtester6 #8 Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:58 PM

Private

• 192 battles

The dark Clouds have broken and sun is now shining...  after writing another email to support, followed up by  the earlier message here, I have suddenly been graced with a blue box ! 

Joy !

I now have a new German Tier III tank to join my other other "American tank" - it's blue, though, well I was too, in my chats with Support. So it's quite fitting. Though at least now, I feel included  - which is most satisfying - thank you, to those who listened and supported me. 

Edited by wtbtester6, 20 June 2019 - 04:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users