Jump to content


FV4005 line a bit too OP?


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

ilyaskuxxxx #1 Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:38 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 26352 battles
  • 28
  • [CATS]
  • Member since:
    09-08-2014

It's fair to say that the new line of new British tds are absolutely destroying MM at the moment. In my opinion Charioteer is the most toxic tank so far... Them HE shells could pen tiger 2 FRONTALLY. Like come on...

 

 

 

100% guarantee they will get fixed next patch, so enjoy while u can! 



_RB_33_ #2 Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:50 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 22916 battles
  • 382
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View Postilyaskuxxxx, on 13 June 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

It's fair to say that the new line of new British tds are absolutely destroying MM at the moment. In my opinion Charioteer is the most toxic tank so far... Them HE shells could pen tiger 2 FRONTALLY. Like come on...

 

 

 

100% guarantee they will get fixed next patch, so enjoy while u can! 

 

Sounds like someone just got their behinds kicked by one of the new British TDs. Chill man. That's why they are called tank destroyers.



Gandalf__Greyhame #3 Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:43 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 224 battles
  • 970
  • [SHLRE]
  • Member since:
    06-24-2016
Tier 7 is crap . Tier 9 is crap . No one will get to tier 10 coz tier 9 is so crap . Tier 10 also semi crap . Only tier 8 is OP . So how is the line OP ? 

                                                            

 

                          

                 

   


ilyaskuxxxx #4 Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:02 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 26352 battles
  • 28
  • [CATS]
  • Member since:
    09-08-2014

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 13 June 2019 - 01:43 PM, said:

Tier 7 is crap . Tier 9 is crap . No one will get to tier 10 coz tier 9 is so crap . Tier 10 also semi crap . Only tier 8 is OP . So how is the line OP ? 

 

hahahah, are u sure?:) Have u seen tier 9,10 in action? Especially fv4005 with the new equipment? I don't think u seen what a unicum player can do in this machines... Charioteer has got a gun from 4202 medium tank and we all know how OP HE really is. So idk, i still think can 100% say that this is the most unbalanced tech tree yet. 

ankitgusai19 #5 Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:06 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 50530 battles
  • 697
  • [SMRT]
  • Member since:
    06-01-2015
Only tier 8 Charioteer is OP, rest I find kind of okayish. I'm at Charioteer and loving it every bit( sorry).

Edited by ankitgusai19, 13 June 2019 - 05:06 PM.


RenamedUser_2022575426 #6 Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:57 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 2274 battles
  • 73
  • [EMPIR]
  • Member since:
    02-10-2019

Absolutely agree with ilyaskux. Charioteer is can-cer, more than wz120ft. Need to use team up on charioteer at least 3 tanks to destroy it easily as the hesh dpm is more than 4k. Conway is less can**r but still op with stock gun with 3.6 dpm. Fv4005 if play in plat can destroy whole red team easily if the plat good enough. The majn thing that make new british line op is they are turret td with good mobility and crazy gun and special consumables . Prioritize on killing them over anything else ia the right thing to 

 

Please do not use the word [edited] in vain. Content removed.

 

~Elite911.


Edited by RenamedUser_2022575426, 15 June 2019 - 11:28 AM.


TnkCmndrToo #7 Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:36 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5735 battles
  • 606
  • [FOES]
  • Member since:
    02-26-2017
Tbh only the Charioteer seems OP. But we'll see when I get there lol.

_RB_33_ #8 Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:45 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 22916 battles
  • 382
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015
Can't the complainers here adjust their tactics? If you're going to play the game of the turreted TDs then you will definitely lose. They are all very much vulnerable when dealt with up close. Sure they can act like mediums when push comes to shove but can they really handle a legit MT?

My guess is that your beloved premiums and Russian Biased machines are currently getting wrecked because you haven't adjusted your tactics, thinking that you guys can steamroll over them. Time to start thinking how you can beat them instead of complaining to the devs. 

If I know most of the folks complaining are just pissed that their shiny new premiums can't go rambo anymore lol

Edited by _RB_33_, 14 June 2019 - 09:48 AM.


__GetFunked__ #9 Posted 14 June 2019 - 10:19 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7085 battles
  • 220
  • [GNG]
  • Member since:
    01-27-2019

View Post_RB_33_, on 14 June 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

Can't the complainers here adjust their tactics? If you're going to play the game of the turreted TDs then you will definitely lose. They are all very much vulnerable when dealt with up close. Sure they can act like mediums when push comes to shove but can they really handle a legit MT?

My guess is that your beloved premiums and Russian Biased machines are currently getting wrecked because you haven't adjusted your tactics, thinking that you guys can steamroll over them. Time to start thinking how you can beat them instead of complaining to the devs. 

If I know most of the folks complaining are just pissed that their shiny new premiums can't go rambo anymore lol

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN0k-wFQPIg

_RB_33_ #10 Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:25 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 22916 battles
  • 382
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View Post__GetFunked__, on 14 June 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

 

I saw the video and it has merit. However, from my experiences, while the Charioteer is hot stuff, I see plenty of players (on realistic mode at that), on my team getting hit or knocked out as soon as they reach their sniping spots, reducing their usefulness in battle.

 

You guys will definitely say that that was a noob driver and that in the right hands, the Charioteer rocks. But that's my point. These new TDs are just like all the other tanks that it requires a good driver to make the most out of them. I've been seeing here that folks are wary of tge new TDs if driven by a unicum. But how many unicums are out there compared to the almost millions of nubs and newbies? At the rate people here are venting out about nubs, it baffles me that we are suddenly on guard that the elites suddenly multiply because of these new TDs.

 

Take for example the JgPz. IV. In the right hands, it's downright OP. Played by a scrub, and it's just another target. Play against it's DMP and ROF game, you lose. Don't play it's game and you have yourself another kill.

 

The same could be said for these new British TDs. They are great but not invincible. There's actually no need for a nerf (personally) as people will eventually find ways to beat them. 



ilyaskuxxxx #11 Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:44 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 26352 battles
  • 28
  • [CATS]
  • Member since:
    09-08-2014

View Post_RB_33_, on 14 June 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

 

I saw the video and it has merit. However, from my experiences, while the Charioteer is hot stuff, I see plenty of players (on realistic mode at that), on my team getting hit or knocked out as soon as they reach their sniping spots, reducing their usefulness in battle.

 

You guys will definitely say that that was a noob driver and that in the right hands, the Charioteer rocks. But that's my point. These new TDs are just like all the other tanks that it requires a good driver to make the most out of them. I've been seeing here that folks are wary of tge new TDs if driven by a unicum. But how many unicums are out there compared to the almost millions of nubs and newbies? At the rate people here are venting out about nubs, it baffles me that we are suddenly on guard that the elites suddenly multiply because of these new TDs.

 

Take for example the JgPz. IV. In the right hands, it's downright OP. Played by a scrub, and it's just another target. Play against it's DMP and ROF game, you lose. Don't play it's game and you have yourself another kill.

 

The same could be said for these new British TDs. They are great but not invincible. There's actually no need for a nerf (personally) as people will eventually find ways to beat them. 

 

View Post_RB_33_, on 14 June 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

Can't the complainers here adjust their tactics? If you're going to play the game of the turreted TDs then you will definitely lose. They are all very much vulnerable when dealt with up close. Sure they can act like mediums when push comes to shove but can they really handle a legit MT?

My guess is that your beloved premiums and Russian Biased machines are currently getting wrecked because you haven't adjusted your tactics, thinking that you guys can steamroll over them. Time to start thinking how you can beat them instead of complaining to the devs. 

If I know most of the folks complaining are just pissed that their shiny new premiums can't go rambo anymore lol

 

So u telling me you can outplay a 65% unicum driving one of them tds?:D I highly doubt that... This new vehicles are absolutely deadly in hands of pro players and that's the big issue. Since players like you or the rest of nub community won't be able to do anything against them, this tanks have everything(Speed, OP guns, camo) Even with the bad driver this tanks still have advantage over other tds or even mts and THAT'S the big problem.

_RB_33_ #12 Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:57 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 22916 battles
  • 382
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View Postilyaskuxxxx, on 14 June 2019 - 12:44 PM, said:

 

 

So u telling me you can outplay a 65% unicum driving one of them tds?:D I highly doubt that... This new vehicles are absolutely deadly in hands of pro players and that's the big issue. Since players like you or the rest of nub community won't be able to do anything against them, this tanks have everything(Speed, OP guns, camo) Even with the bad driver this tanks still have advantage over other tds or even mts and THAT'S the big problem.

 

Are you telling me that you will just surrender at the sight of these TDs? Dude, if you have the balls to insult me about being a nub, then you obviously have the skills to take down one of those TDs.

 

I recall the time that there was the so called "Russian Bias" with the proliferation of the Is3, Defendwr and whatnots being the meta. They have the armor, firepower, agility and speed. Everyone just learned to deal with them. Surely a skilled player like you can take on the meta, right? I mean, a nub like me has the mindset to try and take on those buggers. Why can't an experten like you? Why get carried by the hype?

 

I'm actually disappointed with players like you. You obviously have the skills and better tactical thinking and yet, instead of trying to see what you can do to counter a threat once a video of it comes out, people like you say a threat is OP and that there is nothing short of being able to do anything about it. 


Edited by _RB_33_, 14 June 2019 - 01:07 PM.


ilyaskuxxxx #13 Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:58 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 26352 battles
  • 28
  • [CATS]
  • Member since:
    09-08-2014
It's not about me vs this tanks... It's all about how players handling it. So far i see that in random battles any platoon of this new tds could easily walk through enemy team with no struggle and that's the real issue. Just pay close attention to the stats on them tanks, and you'll see the real problem. The new tds are just too good or should i say unbalanced... We'll see what happens in few patches!

_RB_33_ #14 Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:53 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 22916 battles
  • 382
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View Postilyaskuxxxx, on 14 June 2019 - 04:58 PM, said:

It's not about me vs this tanks... It's all about how players handling it. So far i see that in random battles any platoon of this new tds could easily walk through enemy team with no struggle and that's the real issue. Just pay close attention to the stats on them tanks, and you'll see the real problem. The new tds are just too good or should i say unbalanced... We'll see what happens in few patches!

 

Since you've put it that way, especially the platoon part, I'm now inclined to agree with you. I'm not saying the line is OP but I had a recent plat session with a friend of mine, double Challengers, and we had a pretty good run. I'd like to think of myself as a decent player (and my wingmen ae really good) but I don't recall having a near perfect session like that one. I've also fought with and alongside platoons made up of these TDs.

 

On the other hand, my view on how they are is tempered by my experiences with them during my solo random runs like getting hit/knocked out early in the fight when they shouldn't be. As in I dunno if it's a case of folks doing a blind fire or they just got unlucky. I have also experienced that one too a couple of time while driving one of those TDs that's why I couldn't just agree about it being unbalanced... 


Edited by _RB_33_, 14 June 2019 - 05:56 PM.


__GetFunked__ #15 Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:07 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7085 battles
  • 220
  • [GNG]
  • Member since:
    01-27-2019

The tier 8 its obscenely unbalanced and I dont see how you can say its not. Perhaps because you're driving it? It will be nerfed as Meadsy and other CC's have already said. Its just TOO much. You say about the IS3 and the russian bias, they have all been nerfed over the years either directly or indirectly through other better tanks being introduced.

 

Yes, all tanks you find ways to deal with them, thats the name of the game after all. But at the same time, this tank has pretty much everything apart from armor and its a TD. Insane DPM, massive pen on HESH round that can pen even the toughest HT frontally (shouldnt happen), 6 second reload, speed. Its so good people dont even use it like a TD, they drive it like a MT. How do you deal with that other than tunnelling it and hoping the rest of your team do as well.

 

You're in the minority here as almost everyone I have spoken to says its OP. I am going to get it, of course, while I can and spam the crap out of it but that does not mean I will not agree that its OP. 



_RB_33_ #16 Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:20 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 22916 battles
  • 382
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View Post__GetFunked__, on 15 June 2019 - 04:07 AM, said:

The tier 8 its obscenely unbalanced and I dont see how you can say its not. Perhaps because you're driving it? It will be nerfed as Meadsy and other CC's have already said. Its just TOO much. You say about the IS3 and the russian bias, they have all been nerfed over the years either directly or indirectly through other better tanks being introduced.

 

Yes, all tanks you find ways to deal with them, thats the name of the game after all. But at the same time, this tank has pretty much everything apart from armor and its a TD. Insane DPM, massive pen on HESH round that can pen even the toughest HT frontally (shouldnt happen), 6 second reload, speed. Its so good people dont even use it like a TD, they drive it like a MT. How do you deal with that other than tunnelling it and hoping the rest of your team do as well.

 

You're in the minority here as almost everyone I have spoken to says its OP. I am going to get it, of course, while I can and spam the crap out of it but that does not mean I will not agree that its OP. 

 

My friend, I wish I could say I was the one driving it. I'm 20k xp short of getting the Charioteer. I'm speaking on what I have seen so far from my encounters with it both as a teammate and as an opponent. The well-driven ones are hot stuff. But the badly driven ones? Unless my definition of a bad driver is different from everyone else's, (I define it as at around 45-46% wr so that I have something measurable for it) it appears that these new British TDs are just like all the other tanks that shows the skill of it's user and that they don't necessarily make a bad driver good. 

 

I admit to being the minority here. And I would like to believe all that you guys have mentioned about them being really great to the point of OP status. But somehow I've seen a lot of folks who somehow get easily killed in it (especially if they are on my team) and it really tempers my view on them being OP to the point that they make bad drivers look good..

 

Just to put a close on this, I'd like to politely disagree about the OP status as we have differing perspectives here. But thank you nonetheless for your inputs on this apart from what's available from the videos. The exchange of notes got a bit hot but it's still valuable insights at least for me. 


Edited by _RB_33_, 15 June 2019 - 06:29 AM.


RenamedUser_2022575426 #17 Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:30 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 2274 battles
  • 73
  • [EMPIR]
  • Member since:
    02-10-2019
charioteer are blantantly op. no argument. idk how people can says its not op:facepalm:

_RB_33_ #18 Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:44 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 22916 battles
  • 382
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostRenamedUser_2022575426, on 15 June 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

charioteer are blantantly op. no argument. idk how people can says its not op:facepalm:

 

Let's just say I've seen my share of Charioteers getting knocked out early from their sniping spots and then some both as teammates and opponents. And in realistic mode at that. Your mileage may vary.

 

But I'll give this a rest as where there's smoke, there' s fire so while I'm the minority here with my opinion, I'm not exactly rejecting everyone's point if view either. 



IGNORE_MY_WINRATE #19 Posted 22 June 2019 - 02:46 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 15591 battles
  • 338
  • [SUB40]
  • Member since:
    01-03-2017
the charioteer and the conway, sure! But the challenger...       Yeah-nah

__GetFunked__ #20 Posted 23 June 2019 - 11:13 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7085 battles
  • 220
  • [GNG]
  • Member since:
    01-27-2019

View PostIGNORE_MY_WINRATE, on 22 June 2019 - 02:46 PM, said:

the charioteer and the conway, sure! But the challenger...       Yeah-nah

 

Challenger is dog poop for want of a better word.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users