Jump to content


An easy way for WG to fix wotb


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

TnkDztroyer #1 Posted 08 June 2019 - 06:47 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 7 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    02-04-2019
The one thing that most players complain about these days seems to be nub teams, or inexperienced players in the higher tiers, which is really the same thing. So I think this problem could easily be fixed by making it a requirement for players to have played a certain number of games at each tier, which would ensure they have at least a certain level of experience before they can move to the next level. so to be able to play tier 6 you would need to have played (say) 1000 games for example. and then to move to tier 7 you need another 1,500 games at tier 6. (or whatever amount of games seems appropriate). And so on. But WG would never do this because it would mean that players wouldn't buy tanks for tiers they can't play in (yet), and WG want to sell tanks to anyone.
Veni, Vidi, Lusi

_RB_33_ #2 Posted 08 June 2019 - 08:21 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21852 battles
  • 354
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 08 June 2019 - 06:47 AM, said:

The one thing that most players complain about these days seems to be nub teams, or inexperienced players in the higher tiers, which is really the same thing. So I think this problem could easily be fixed by making it a requirement for players to have played a certain number of games at each tier, which would ensure they have at least a certain level of experience before they can move to the next level. so to be able to play tier 6 you would need to have played (say) 1000 games for example. and then to move to tier 7 you need another 1,500 games at tier 6. (or whatever amount of games seems appropriate). And so on. But WG would never do this because it would mean that players wouldn't buy tanks for tiers they can't play in (yet), and WG want to sell tanks to anyone.

 

The idea is nice but what I do see here as a downside of that is that the battle number requirement that you are suggesting can be easily passed through by folks who are rushing the tiers by virtue of simply counting down or grinding how many games are left before leveling up is allowed. It might also encourage more players to go do thr AFK routine so that they will have an easier time grinding. 



TnkDztroyer #3 Posted 08 June 2019 - 08:55 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 7 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    02-04-2019

Yeah, that's a good point. although, one would hope that most players would want to be actually playing, and not just trying to go up the tiers asap by such methods.

 

btw, whatever image it is that you're posting doesn't display


Edited by TnkDztroyer, 08 June 2019 - 08:55 AM.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

erwin10001 #4 Posted 08 June 2019 - 09:14 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 39343 battles
  • 902
  • [SEALZ]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2016

Blitz is unique among freemium games because it is one of the very few where you can progress through the game simply by AFK. You can earn 30000 credits in a game simply by being AFK in winning team in a premium tank..

Many other popular freemium games are designed to prevent progress if you just afk.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



TnkDztroyer #5 Posted 08 June 2019 - 09:51 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 7 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    02-04-2019

 

why on earth doesn't WG fix that?

 


Veni, Vidi, Lusi

TnkCmndrToo #6 Posted 08 June 2019 - 09:58 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5622 battles
  • 577
  • [DYN-T]
  • Member since:
    02-26-2017

View Posterwin10001, on 08 June 2019 - 09:14 PM, said:

Blitz is unique among freemium games because it is one of the very few where you can progress through the game simply by AFK. You can earn 30000 credits in a game simply by being AFK in winning team in a premium tank..

Many other popular freemium games are designed to prevent progress if you just afk.

 

Perhaps WG could implement a 'zero movement, zero XP' thing? And negative credits?



_RB_33_ #7 Posted 09 June 2019 - 01:17 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21852 battles
  • 354
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostTnkCmndrToo, on 08 June 2019 - 09:58 PM, said:

 

Perhaps WG could implement a 'zero movement, zero XP' thing? And negative credits?

 

This would be the better option but if ever this gets implemented, the credit deficit should be higher than losing credits after tough battles. 

 

Btw, I don't recall posting an image in one of my posts in this thread but thank you for the heads up :) 



TnkCmndrToo #8 Posted 09 June 2019 - 02:30 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5622 battles
  • 577
  • [DYN-T]
  • Member since:
    02-26-2017

View Post_RB_33_, on 09 June 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:

 

This would be the better option but if ever this gets implemented, the credit deficit should be higher than losing credits after tough battles. 

 

Btw, I don't recall posting an image in one of my posts in this thread but thank you for the heads up :) 

 

Agreed - let's say 0 XP, and a 20,000 credit fine on top of regular fees. That's enough to take the effort-free XP incentive away, and the fine also provides a deterrent while not being too ridiculous for those who have to leave a game for a genuine reason. Of course there is still the problem of bots, and people who move their tank a little at the start to avoid the zero movement fee and then go AFK for the rest of the battle - but I think that even providing a simple deterrent like the one we've discussed would have a reasonable effect.

 

And he's talking about your signature haha. For me it's just showing a white question mark in a little blue box, in an empty rectangle - I thought that it was just my device but apparently not lol.



TnkDztroyer #9 Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:27 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 7 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    02-04-2019

View Post_RB_33_, on 09 June 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

 

 

Btw, I don't recall posting an image in one of my posts in this thread but thank you for the heads up :) 

 

This is what I see on my screen .. http://auslink.space/wotb/no_image.jpg

 

I think the image is in your sig file. or should I say the no image, lol!

 


Edited by TnkDztroyer, 09 June 2019 - 03:36 AM.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

TnkDztroyer #10 Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:33 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 7 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    02-04-2019

View PostTnkCmndrToo, on 09 June 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

 

Agreed - let's say 0 XP, and a 20,000 credit fine

 

Yikes! that a rather hefty fine

 

on top of regular fees. That's enough to take the effort-free XP incentive away, and the fine also provides a deterrent while not being too ridiculous for those who have to leave a game for a genuine reason. Of course there is still the problem of bots, and people who move their tank a little at the start to avoid the zero movement fee and then go AFK for the rest of the battle - but I think that even providing a simple deterrent like the one we've discussed would have a reasonable effect.

 

maybe a combination of zero damage and very limited movement?

 

And he's talking about your signature haha. For me it's just showing a white question mark in a little blue box, in an empty rectangle - I thought that it was just my device but apparently not lol.

 

Why do you get a blue box and I don't? I want a blue box too! lol!

 


Veni, Vidi, Lusi

Rebirth_39 #11 Posted 09 June 2019 - 10:41 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 34403 battles
  • 183
  • [CATS]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2015
I don’t find the “requires certain amount of battles in a tier to progress” a good idea. I’m totally go for the idea of totally Afk players and not players who do 0 damage because sometimes u get 0 dmg games out of bad luck and that kind of play shouldn’t be faulted for (even some players are just out right bad)

_RB_33_ #12 Posted 09 June 2019 - 12:47 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21852 battles
  • 354
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostTnkCmndrToo, on 09 June 2019 - 02:30 AM, said:

 

he's talking about your signature haha. For me it's just showing a white question mark in a little blue box, in an empty rectangle - I thought that it was just my device but apparently not lol.

 

Ah my sig lol I forgot the name of where I got my sig. It was another website that looks into stats for Blitz players. If I'm not mistaken, it closed down some time agao and I never botheredbto replace my sig lol

 

Anyway, back to topic :) 



TnkDztroyer #13 Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:37 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 7 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    02-04-2019

View Post_RB_33_, on 09 June 2019 - 10:47 PM, said:

 

Ah my sig lol I forgot the name of where I got my sig. It was another website that looks into stats for Blitz players. If I'm not mistaken, it closed down some time agao and I never botheredbto replace my sig lol

 

Anyway, back to topic :) 

 

Can you delete it please? It's annoying, and takes up a lot of space in the thread. see here .. http://auslink.space/wotb/no_image.jpg

 


Veni, Vidi, Lusi

_RB_33_ #14 Posted 10 June 2019 - 07:09 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21852 battles
  • 354
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 10 June 2019 - 01:37 AM, said:

 

Can you delete it please? It's annoying, and takes up a lot of space in the thread. see here .. http://auslink.space/wotb/no_image.jpg

 

 

I hear you, and already removed the sig. Let me know if it's still acting up because it's all clear here on my end (using my phone). 


Edited by _RB_33_, 10 June 2019 - 07:09 AM.


TnkDztroyer #15 Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:20 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 7 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    02-04-2019
It's all good now. thanks.
Veni, Vidi, Lusi

Rinskiev #16 Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:08 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 10858 battles
  • 183
  • [AUSIE]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014
this is such an old and recurring idea. WG never did anything in that direction. In fact, it moved in the opposite direction when they cleared tier 1->5 and made them easier for beginners to almost straight go to tier 6....then...no wonder there are so many with WRs about 40%

IGNORE_MY_WINRATE #17 Posted Yesterday, 11:54 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 12553 battles
  • 240
  • [SUB40]
  • Member since:
    01-03-2017

View PostTnkCmndrToo, on 08 June 2019 - 09:58 PM, said:

 

Perhaps WG could implement a 'zero movement, zero XP' thing? And negative credits?

This may not work. Many "professional" AFK'ers use bots. There would need to be a system in place where the game detects movement patterns. And what if your internet dropped out before the game?



TnkDztroyer #18 Posted Today, 02:38 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 7 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    02-04-2019
How do you "use a bot"? (Not that I want to, just curious)
Veni, Vidi, Lusi




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users