Evidence that MM is now the worst it has ever been .

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Gandalf__Greyhame #1 Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:44 AM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

Now we all know that MM today is extremely terrible . Everyday someone makes a new thread complaining about MM . These are usually the older players who have played during the glory days of MM . However it seems that newer players are quite supportive of the current MM . When I tell these newer players that MM now is terrible and it used to be awesome in the past I usually get a hostile response and they refuse to believe it . So I thought of making a comparison about MM and some other things from the past .

(1) 2015 MM : Platoons were balanced on both sides . If there was a platoon on the red team then there always used to be a platoon on your team as well . 

2019 MM : No such provision . Today you might get truly OP buffed as f Russian meds in a superstar wolf pack from ACE or PLV or Storm on the red team and no platoon on your team . How is this fair ?

(2) 2015 MM : No fail platoons . If there is a platoon of different tiers on one team then there will be a similar platoon on the other team as well . How awesome was that ?

2019 MM : Fail platoons are allowed . Today you can plat a Loltracktor with a Maus and end up in a tier 10 game . Having a failed plat is fairly common in 2019 . There is no effort by the 2019 MM to balance this fail plat on the other team . The MM simply takes into account the tier of the higher tank. Watch the very recent videos by " Major Troller " if you can find them . 

(3) 2015 MM : +1/-1 MM . Wow those old timers were so lucky . The worst they could face is a tank only one tier higher than them . 

2019 MM : You can face tanks which are two tiers higher which are impossible to pen even with pramo on a fairly regular basis . 

(4) 2015 MM : There always used to be an equal distribution of tanks on the basis of tiers . If there were 4 higher tier tanks on red team then there were always the same number of higher tier tanks on your team as well .

2019 MM : No such guarantee . Today you can get into games in which red team has 5 tier 10 tanks and you only have 3 tier 10 . I wonder how the newer players don't quit after such absurd MM .

(5) 2015 MM : Tank types are considered while forming teams .

2019 MM : No such provision  . Today there is such a miss match . One team can be loaded with OP Meds .

Some other issues :

(6) 2015 : Awesome 4G and internet 

2019 : Crappy 3G

(7)2015 : Nice big screen phones

2019 : Crappy small devices 

(8)2015 : No ridiculous camping spots . Flat maps .

2019 : Maps with glorious camping positions giving a sky view . Possible to snipe from one end of the map to another .That thing which Messi did in twister , you can do it in a regular game without requiring a boost .

(9)2015: Massive big guns which help ordinary players do big damage numbers .

2019 : Completely different wolf pack meta . You actually have to be a very good player to pull off big numbers .

(10) 2015 : Tons of youtubers around making all kinds of guide videos to help .

2019 : Very few youtubers . Lack of awareness about tactics . 

Hopefully this will convince the newer players that MM now is terrible . I salute these newer players for soldering on . If I started playing the game today I would have immediately quit . 

TnkDztroyer #2 Posted 07 June 2019 - 10:19 AM

Corporal

• 7 battles
There's no doubt that WG/MM rigs games and I'm sick of it. If your wr is going up, they make you lose so it comes back down. Of the last 20 games or so only won 3 or 4. Last couple of days can't hardly win whatever I do. Get put low tier, losing teams all the time. Just played three games in VK 100.01P. Was top damage and top kills all three games, but all were losses. Ppl look at stats and say you're a hopeless player, and can't play this tank. But it's a team game and it all depends on the team you get or oppose whether you win or not. It's so frustrating to play a good game and know you should have won because the reds weren't that good but the rest of the greens are hopeless, so you lose. My wr varies from 60% to 40% on a daily basis? Why? I can't get 20 points worse in one day! The only reason is that MM does not work!
Veni, Vidi, Lusi

IGNORE_MY_WINRATE #3 Posted 07 June 2019 - 12:36 PM

Sergeant

• 12553 battles
  • [SUB40]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 07 June 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

There's no doubt that WG/MM rigs games and I'm sick of it. If your wr is going up, they make you lose so it comes back down. Of the last 20 games or so only won 3 or 4. Last couple of days can't hardly win whatever I do. Get put low tier, losing teams all the time. Just played three games in VK 100.01P. Was top damage and top kills all three games, but all were losses. Ppl look at stats and say you're a hopeless player, and can't play this tank. But it's a team game and it all depends on the team you get or oppose whether you win or not. It's so frustrating to play a good game and know you should have won because the reds weren't that good but the rest of the greens are hopeless, so you lose. My wr varies from 60% to 40% on a daily basis? Why? I can't get 20 points worse in one day! The only reason is that MM does not work!

i doubt that the games are rigged. But the mm definitely needs another look

erwin10001 #4 Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:07 PM

First Lieutenant

• 39343 battles
  • [SEALZ]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 07 June 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

There's no doubt that WG/MM rigs games and I'm sick of it.

Like I posted elsewhere, many of my regular platoonmates have also given up and uninstalled. If you are so sick of it, why haven't you uninstalled but instead come back with clone account?

My theory has always been that MM seems to be favouring beginners to give them a comfortable game and encourage them to spend money. This is not the same as rigging the Game so that you lose. 

Business model is one that encourages a constant flow of beginners, so regulars will have to cope with all these beginners in upper tier.

It pays for the servers so you can play for free.

I play far fewer games as a result, especially since many tanks are unplayable nowadays. You can only play tanks that you can kolobanov in, because you expect to be outnumbered in most games. If more tanks were playable, I would be playing a whole lot more...

Edited by erwin10001, 08 June 2019 - 05:35 AM.

TnkDztroyer #5 Posted 08 June 2019 - 07:02 AM

Corporal

• 7 battles

View Posterwin10001, on 07 June 2019 - 11:07 PM, said:

Like I posted elsewhere, many of my regular platoonmates have also given up and uninstalled. If you are so sick of it, why haven't you uninstalled

I'm hate the way MM makes such uneven games. It's called 'match making' but it doesn't always do a very good job of matching teams. Doesn't mean tho that I hate playing. As you know, we get good and bad days. Although, it's not so much just the bad MM, but it's when MM is so bad game after game after game, that no matter what we do, we just can't win. That is what is really so infuriating.

but instead come back with clone account?

My theory has always been that MM seems to be favouring beginners to give them a comfortable game and encourage them to spend money.

I'm inclined to agree

This is not the same as rigging the Game so that you lose. 

Business model is one that encourages a constant flow of beginners, so regulars will have to cope with all these beginners in upper tier.

It pays for the servers so you can play for free.

Yep

I play far fewer games as a result, especially since many tanks are unplayable nowadays. You can only play tanks that you can kolobanov in, because you expect to be outnumbered in most games. If more tanks were playable, I would be playing a whole lot more...

You're right. I'm tending to play only certain tanks.

Edited by TnkDztroyer, 08 June 2019 - 07:02 AM.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

Newb179 #6 Posted 08 June 2019 - 11:38 PM

Corporal

• 2994 battles
  • [-TN-]
@Gandalf, did you left out the sarcasm tags?

For those who don't like having a fluctuating win rate perhaps Wargaming should ensure to put you on battles where you are guaranteed to be the top damage and top gun for every battle. In other word, playing against robots with robotics teammates. What is the fun in that?

Maybe wargaming match making is trying to put you in a tougher enemy teams whenever you won 3 games in a row and being in the top 3 damage or xp in the team. Perhaps they consider you are not sufficiently challenged during the battle so perhaps a tougher opponents are needed. I am making a conjecture here, not a claim. And this is just an example, I don't know how the match making algorithm works. But I know that I am tired with all the baseless no proof accusations on the match making, while the person who rants just wanted to have matches where he or she is guaranteed to have a win rate of 70% ALL THE TIME.

TnkDztroyer #7 Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:43 AM

Corporal

• 7 battles

View PostNewb179, on 09 June 2019 - 09:38 AM, said:

@Gandalf, did you left out the sarcasm tags?

For those who don't like having a fluctuating win rate perhaps Wargaming should ensure to put you on battles where you are guaranteed to be the top damage and top gun for every battle. In other word, playing against robots with robotics teammates. What is the fun in that?

Maybe wargaming match making is trying to put you in a tougher enemy teams whenever you won 3 games in a row and being in the top 3 damage or xp in the team. Perhaps they consider you are not sufficiently challenged during the battle so perhaps a tougher opponents are needed. I am making a conjecture here, not a claim. And this is just an example, I don't know how the match making algorithm works. But I know that I am tired with all the baseless no proof accusations on the match making, while the person who rants just wanted to have matches where he or she is guaranteed to have a win rate of 70% ALL THE TIME.

It's not that we want to always win, but rather to have battles where the teams are evenly matched so it's a good game, and not a steamroll, which no one likes
Veni, Vidi, Lusi

Rebirth_39 #8 Posted 09 June 2019 - 10:36 AM

Sergeant

• 34403 battles
  • [CATS]
I was like [edited] is this on about and then I realized it’s sarcasm

jl2015 #9 Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 32329 battles
  • [FUZE]

I completely agree that mm is bad.

However, i get good mm after stopped playing for 2 weeks. Over the past few day, my WR was way above 66% though i only played 2-3games per day in crappy firefly.

I think there is a factor about playing pattern in mm.

TnkDztroyer #10 Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:48 AM

Corporal

• 7 battles

View Postjl2015, on 10 June 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

I completely agree that mm is bad.

However, i get good mm after stopped playing for 2 weeks. Over the past few day, my WR was way above 66% though i only played 2-3games per day in crappy firefly.

I think there is a factor about playing pattern in mm.

I think you're right. If I keep playing when I'm losing (like in the last two days) I tend to keep losing. It never seems to turn around during the same session.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

erwin10001 #11 Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:09 AM

First Lieutenant

• 39343 battles
  • [SEALZ]

one analysis that can be done is to count the number of 0 damage players in your team vs the number of 0 damage players in opponents team, whether win/lose/draw, and add the total. If consistently you get more 0 damage players in your team, say over 100 games, then one may wonder whether there is some algorithm at work that decides how these 0 damage players are assigned. 

__GetFunked__ #12 Posted 11 June 2019 - 07:01 AM

Sergeant

• 4072 battles
  • [GNG]
Had a tier 7 top tier platoon on my team last night that both did 0 and had 38%. Oppo platoon in the 50%'s. I love this game sometimes.

TnkDztroyer #13 Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:16 AM

Corporal

• 7 battles
I find it's too hard to win games now
Veni, Vidi, Lusi

Rinskiev #14 Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:14 AM

Sergeant

• 10858 battles
  • [AUSIE]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 11 June 2019 - 07:16 PM, said:

I find it's too hard to win games now

ah, this is why my WR is now going up??

TnkDztroyer #15 Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:45 AM

Corporal

• 7 battles

View PostRinskiev, on 11 June 2019 - 09:14 PM, said:

ah, this is why my WR is now going up??

according to your stats, it's not. :) your 30 day wr is less than your 60 day wr, which is less than your 90 day wr. but if it were going up, you could be sure of one thing, before too long it would start going down again, cos that is what MM does.
Veni, Vidi, Lusi

erwin10001 #16 Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• 39343 battles
  • [SEALZ]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 12 June 2019 - 01:45 AM, said:

according to your stats, it's not. :) your 30 day wr is less than your 60 day wr, which is less than your 90 day wr. but if it were going up, you could be sure of one thing, before too long it would start going down again, cos that is what MM does.

my 30 day is higher than my 60 day and 90 day., so what does that mean, other than MM is bad? :mellow:

Edited by erwin10001, 12 June 2019 - 11:46 AM.

BossArdnutz #17 Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 11699 battles
  • [DERPU]
My 30 day is lower, i think. It means I'm plaguing the tanks I struggle in, instead of the tanks I'm good at.

TnkDztroyer #18 Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:00 AM

Corporal

• 7 battles

View PostBossArdnutz, on 13 June 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

My 30 day is lower, i think. It means I'm plaguing the tanks I struggle in, instead of the tanks I'm good at.

IMO our stats should NOT be available to anyone, only ourselves. Having our stats on public display only creates toxicity. If we're trying new tactics, or playing stock tanks, or playing tanks we're not good with, or trying tank types we don't normally play to gain experience with their play style, or playing higher tiers, etc., etc., our WR will plummet, and our stats will not look good. I was doing all those things, and my WR got to below 40% as a result. I was derided and insulted so much that I had to start playing for the sole purpose of raising my WR. So I played my best tanks, lower tiers, avoided weekends, etc., just to push my WR up and avoid the abuse. It should not be the case that we have to be mindful of our stats every time we play! But we have to be when others can use them to deride us. I want to be able to play just for my own pleasure and enjoyment, without having to worry about how my gameplay looks on Blitzstars. So I've been playing ratings battles which do not affect the stats. Plus the games are so much better as the teams are properly matched, and steamrolls are a rarity.
Veni, Vidi, Lusi

TnkDztroyer #19 Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:06 AM

Corporal

• 7 battles

View Posterwin10001, on 12 June 2019 - 09:45 PM, said:

my 30 day is higher than my 60 day and 90 day., so what does that mean, other than MM is bad? :mellow:

Because you're a very good player you're less affected by MM than average players. You're more in control of your WR because you're not so reliant on getting good teams in order to win games. :)

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

Rinskiev #20 Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:55 AM

Sergeant

• 10858 battles
  • [AUSIE]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 12 June 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

I never thought I had to explain it but here it goes: It was a joke!! I was trying some tanks and improve my style with them. As you see not very successfully (as compared to my general stats) albeit basically above 50%. With more than 10k battles the total stats change very slowly. You definitely are not a Super Unicum and you do not have just 7 battles....the first bias to fight against are to know who you are. The stats reflect that do not want to hide them. Just try to improve them. If someone insults you….be mature enough to realise this is a game, don't take these things personal and...take a screenshot and place a ticket to WG. I have done it and it works.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users