Reveal players WR before the game starts

Match Making Unexpected Lose

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

WARGODZ_2019 #1 Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:21 AM

Corporal

• 4614 battles
  • [DNGR]

What if before the game started, we already know our teammates not just by tier but on how they can contribute to the game? 

What if we already know who to follow and who must follow the experienced player?

What if we already know from the beginning of the game the team who has an advantage in players and those who not?

Just what if?

WARGODZ_2019 #2 Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:25 AM

Corporal

• 4614 battles
  • [DNGR]
In this case maybe we can have more opportunity to make our game more lucky than being a fortune teller on what team we are belong in each game. Does anyone has a power to tell their teammates skills by themselves? 

IGNORE_MY_WINRATE #3 Posted 23 May 2019 - 02:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 14864 battles
  • [SUB40]

View PostWARGODZ_2019, on 23 May 2019 - 01:21 AM, said:

What if before the game started, we already know our teammates not just by tier but on how they can contribute to the game? 

What if we already know who to follow and who must follow the experienced player?

What if we already know from the beginning of the game the team who has an advantage in players and those who not?

Just what if?

No. People would just abuse those with a low WR from the start of the game. Also, what about those who started out badly (like me), and are now grinding WR? Not a good plan

__GetFunked__ #4 Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:05 AM

Sergeant

• 6516 battles
  • [GNG]

Been discussed numerous times.

While on the face of it, it might seem a good idea - people will already make their minds up about players and what the result will be. Low skilled players would be berated by numbskulls before the battle even starts and as it plays out. Good players may also see that the team is full of 40% players and decide we're going to lose already and therefore subconsciously give up already.

NocturnZing #5 Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:38 AM

Sergeant

• 6724 battles
  • [NZ]

Its a good idea, and WG will NOT implement it (not for reasons shared earlier) because it will openly show how rigged this game is at the start of the game.

View PostIGNORE_MY_WINRATE, on 23 May 2019 - 02:54 AM, said:

No. People would just abuse those with a low WR from the start of the game. Also, what about those who started out badly (like me), and are now grinding WR? Not a good plan

People are going to abuse those who do not play well, at the start/during/after the game, regardless of their WR. IF someone with low WR but does well in game, gets a rate up from me.

View Post__GetFunked__, on 23 May 2019 - 04:05 AM, said:

While on the face of it, it might seem a good idea - people will already make their minds up about players and what the result will be. Low skilled players would be berated by numbskulls before the battle even starts and as it plays out. Good players may also see that the team is full of 40% players and decide we're going to lose already and therefore subconsciously give up already.

Even right now people already make up their minds based on very little actual WR info , like who yells sector X at start of game, and all the sheep follow along.

IF you see all purple ribbons (unicum players) on opFor the result is usually known by experienced players. if it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck ………………….

A purple ribbon at least prepares you for what's coming and can plan appropriately, only guys who get offended by opFor knowing they are unicums and fighting at t3, are usually sealclubbers

Knowing the opFor teams capabilities does NOT change a players natural playing capabilities, if a guy is going to AFK, he is going to AFK regardless of unicums on other team.

A camper who only wants to snipe while team dies, will continue doing so, it does not change battle outcome if a ribbon/indicator is shown. A player who likes giving it his best, is going to continue giving his best even if he is aware that opFor has unicums. so its a WG thing, it has nothing to do with player abuse

Esh11 #6 Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:09 AM

Captain

• 41925 battles
  • [DQN]
Is this guy the new Destroyer34 ? 

ankitgusai19 #7 Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:11 AM

First Lieutenant

• 50101 battles
  • [SMRT]

View PostWARGODZ_2019, on 23 May 2019 - 06:51 AM, said:

Just what if?

My take is that as random players are put together in a team players distribution (skill wise) is unbalanced more often than not. So before the game starts players will conclude what kinds of change they have of winning a particular battle and more of the time it affects their efforts toward wining/doing good in a game.  

I am not saying I am against this idea, nor I am saying I have better idea, just that displaying stats right before the game tends to have negative psychological effect(case in point* World of Tanks XVM mods).

P.S. there is(was?) also a paid mod that allows the same thing in blitz. I am not aware whether it is completely legal or not. It is called BINT. This is what it looks like.

Please note that I am not advertising a paid service here. This is just for information.

Edited by ankitgusai19, 23 May 2019 - 06:27 AM.

ankitgusai19 #8 Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:22 AM

First Lieutenant

• 50101 battles
  • [SMRT]

View PostEsh11, on 23 May 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

Is this guy the new Destroyer34 ? 

Honestly, I have the same doubt. 

Esh11 #9 Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:39 AM

Captain

• 41925 battles
  • [DQN]

View Postankitgusai19, on 23 May 2019 - 06:22 AM, said:

Slightly more sophisticated version of Dest34 but basically the same talking points, tantrums and multiple threads .

WOT_Losers #10 Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:59 AM

Corporal

• 9691 battles
  • [WAPN]

View PostEsh11, on 23 May 2019 - 06:39 AM, said:

Slightly more sophisticated version of Dest34 but basically the same talking points, tantrums and multiple threads .

lol pls suck up more to WG.

You have nothing useful or valuable to add to discussion, so I simply ignore ur WG sucking up posts most of the time.

Edited by WOT_Losers, 23 May 2019 - 07:04 AM.

WOT_Losers #11 Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:02 AM

Corporal

• 9691 battles
  • [WAPN]

View Postankitgusai19, on 23 May 2019 - 06:22 AM, said:

lol pls suck up more to WG. You usually have nothing useful to contribute other than to give biased information, support WG unethical behavior, so keep name calling, that's all you paid trolls can do.

You are the guy who says that the KeNiOtsu with continued DPM of 1944 is a "nerfed" tank, so we all know ur impartiality

Edited by WOT_Losers, 23 May 2019 - 07:03 AM.

WOT_Losers #12 Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:17 AM

Corporal

• 9691 battles
  • [WAPN]

View Postankitgusai19, on 23 May 2019 - 06:11 AM, said:

My take is that as random players are put together in a team players distribution (skill wise) is unbalanced more often than not. So before the game starts players will conclude what kinds of change they have of winning a particular battle and more of the time it affects their efforts toward wining/doing good in a game.  

I am not saying I am against this idea, nor I am saying I have better idea, just that displaying stats right before the game tends to have negative psychological effect(case in point* World of Tanks XVM mods).

P.S. there is(was?) also a paid mod that allows the same thing in blitz. I am not aware whether it is completely legal or not. It is called BINT. This is what it looks like.

Please note that I am not advertising a paid service here. This is just for information.

This guy really makes it all seem sense, you are saying military intelligenceis basically pointless, and that real battles (tools of which are used in this game) should basically be fought with a player randomly rushing into battle without knowing enemy capability because it has "negative psychological effect", hilarious? so you recommend blind rush as opposed to using informed decisions based on OpFors size and capability?

Military intel of knowing ur enemy made a real HUGE in these battles - there are lots MORE

1. Battle of Yarmouk
  2. Battle of the Rymnik River
  3. Battle of Crecy

Feel free to come back if u have any logical counterpoints, else keep making personal slights as usual ;)

erwin10001 #13 Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:48 AM

First Lieutenant

• 41446 battles
  • [NETS]

I hope nobody follows me because I prefer to camp.

Actually there's very little chance as most teams just rush and die, whether in LT or TD.

This even happens in tier 10. Before I even make contact with the first enemy in my Maus, At least 1 tier10 tank will have be blown up already!

Today's a good day for sniper tanker medals, got 2 in a row!

Edited by erwin10001, 23 May 2019 - 08:30 AM.

PANPAKAPAAAN2427 #14 Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 377 battles
  • [TDAF]

@ WOT_LOSERS 

Do you even know who they are talking about is?

"Okay, It's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL.  

Leader of the Tea drinkers and Anime fan clan.

Survived two years of Blitz.

PANPAKAPAAAN2427 #15 Posted 23 May 2019 - 02:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 377 battles
  • [TDAF]

I'm on the fence about showing WR. I don't really care about the WR on my team as I'm more focused on improving my own stats other then WR like damage, spots and other things so I have little care of WR of other players. I only look at their WR in game and on Blitz stars when they have a go at me so I can know that  they are a legit good player who criticizing me from a fake armchair general wannabe who has no idea on what they are doing.

The things I can think up for having WR shown:

1. It can help put together a battle strategy.

2.You can see who on your team you need to help or carry for. 

3.You can adjust your play style to accommodate a low WR player.

4. You can easily PM the Low WR player any helpful advice on how they did and what they can do better instead of shifting through all the players profiles after a game in the results table.  

Any other points you can add on.

The things I can think up for not having WR shown: 

1. An increase in toxic hate thrown at the player with the lowest WR on your team. 

2. The player with the highest WR on the enemy can be focused first which means that player will not enjoy a lot of their games.

3. If someone looks at the WR and says its a loss on chat it will set a negative tone for the battle which means people will not try their best even for people of competent skills.

Any other point you can add on. 

How I would solve some the negatives is:

1.Not show enemy WR this will mostly stop people focusing on one or more good players on the enemy team and your side.

2. If someone is having a go at a low WR player on your team then stick up for them (it doesn't matter if they have low WR they are still your teammates deal with that WR problem after the battle) and try to bring a more positive tone to the game simple words like 'We got this' or 'Don't panic' and also sending helpful advice during clutch games can go a long way .

Any other points you want add on to solve some of the negatives that I put or any other forum user has put.               

"Okay, It's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL.  

Leader of the Tea drinkers and Anime fan clan.

Survived two years of Blitz.

WARGODZ_2019 #16 Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:48 PM

Corporal

• 4614 battles
  • [DNGR]

View PostIGNORE_MY_WINRATE, on 23 May 2019 - 02:54 AM, said:

on which side you are talking bro? If it was in the side of enemy. It must not be revealed to them but only to team. If it was in the side of your team then there must be a tool to block bad words and Report Abusive Words after game was finished. It can also be reported in this community through screenshots for violators

WARGODZ_2019 #17 Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:56 PM

Corporal

• 4614 battles
  • [DNGR]

View Post__GetFunked__, on 23 May 2019 - 04:05 AM, said:

the purpose of this proposal is for each player on how they must played the game. 

WR is to inform what kind of team you had in the game

Decision of each players will be the outcome, in this case it's up to player now and the game did only its duty to make match and information. So the blame will pass over to players who decides of winning or losing. Its players responsible already but not the game. Different mind, different outcome. Own responsibility, cannot blame MM anymore.

WARGODZ_2019 #18 Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:18 PM

Corporal

• 4614 battles
  • [DNGR]

View Postankitgusai19, on 23 May 2019 - 06:11 AM, said:

Thankyou for giving your side. Well anyway I'm not talking that both team will see their enemy players WR. As I have seen in your image upload.

It's not totally and intel but all I can say is "coordination" as team, coordination is need to perform well. You know how much coordination was important if you are working in military. However in our case we can coordinate to help each other as a team on what and who needs help because we all known our team and each profile. 

In this case, the players is now responsible for the outcome of the game. How they play and think.

WARGODZ_2019 #19 Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:23 PM

Corporal

• 4614 battles
  • [DNGR]

View PostWOT_Losers, on 23 May 2019 - 07:17 AM, said:

This guy really makes it all seem sense, you are saying military intelligenceis basically pointless, and that real battles (tools of which are used in this game) should basically be fought with a player randomly rushing into battle without knowing enemy capability because it has "negative psychological effect", hilarious? so you recommend blind rush as opposed to using informed decisions based on OpFors size and capability?

Military intel of knowing ur enemy made a real HUGE in these battles - there are lots MORE

1. Battle of Yarmouk
  2. Battle of the Rymnik River
  3. Battle of Crecy

Feel free to come back if u have any logical counterpoints, else keep making personal slights as usual ;)

correction again, this is not military intelligence but a team coordination. The image is wrong, the enemies WR must not reveal only your teammates same other side.

Coordination is important in military. It will only be done if you know the profile of your comrades.

WARGODZ_2019 #20 Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:25 PM

Corporal

• 4614 battles
  • [DNGR]

View PostPANPAKAPAAAN2427, on 23 May 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

I'm on the fence about showing WR. I don't really care about the WR on my team as I'm more focused on improving my own stats other then WR like damage, spots and other things so I have little care of WR of other players. I only look at their WR in game and on Blitz stars when they have a go at me so I can know that  they are a legit good player who criticizing me from a fake armchair general wannabe who has no idea on what they are doing.

The things I can think up for having WR shown:

1. It can help put together a battle strategy.

2.You can see who on your team you need to help or carry for. 

3.You can adjust your play style to accommodate a low WR player.

4. You can easily PM the Low WR player any helpful advice on how they did and what they can do better instead of shifting through all the players profiles after a game in the results table.  

Any other points you can add on.

The things I can think up for not having WR shown: 

1. An increase in toxic hate thrown at the player with the lowest WR on your team. 

2. The player with the highest WR on the enemy can be focused first which means that player will not enjoy a lot of their games.

3. If someone looks at the WR and says its a loss on chat it will set a negative tone for the battle which means people will not try their best even for people of competent skills.

Any other point you can add on. 

How I would solve some the negatives is:

1.Not show enemy WR this will mostly stop people focusing on one or more good players on the enemy team and your side.

2. If someone is having a go at a low WR player on your team then stick up for them (it doesn't matter if they have low WR they are still your teammates deal with that WR problem after the battle) and try to bring a more positive tone to the game simple words like 'We got this' or 'Don't panic' and also sending helpful advice during clutch games can go a long way .

Any other points you want add on to solve some of the negatives that I put or any other forum user has put.               

Thanks for this post. It really helps. Anyone can add more prediction regarding the topic. How about add a negative impact so that we can know both side on positive and negative. At the same time we can find a solution for every possible bad effects of the proposal.

Edited by WARGODZ_2019, 23 May 2019 - 04:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users