Avatars : Should WG stop issuing them ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Avatars - Should WG discontinue them ? (6 members have cast votes)

Avatars - are they a waste of Container space since they have no value ?

1. Yes - WG should stop issuing them ! (3 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No - they're cool please keep them! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Maybe - but, only if WG makes them exchangeable for Gold (3 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Creighton_Abrams #1 Posted 05 May 2019 - 03:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24331 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Avatars, little symbols that appear alongside your tank, and have no obvious impact to either game-play or functionality - so why are they frequently appearing in containers - surely this simply is a tactic for avoiding giving out something of more useful value - such as Crew XP, or Combat XP ?

It'd be interesting to see what others feel about them, and perhaps, if there's a significant trend of thought one way or another - we should present the results to WG (Ribble & Co...) asking them to consider the Communities wishes. (which maybe wishful thinking).

TnkCmndrToo #2 Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:44 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5698 battles
  • [FOES]

Wishful thinking indeed. The avatar thing started off OK imo, but now it's just ridiculous...

I would be more inclined towards them if:

1. Players could design their own

2. They were given for special achievements (e.g "Tactician" for reaching 60%, "One Man Army" for kolobanoving a certain number of times, "Sniper" for having a hit ratio above a certain percentage, "Veteran" for reaching a certain battle count or playing for a certain no. of years, etc) as opposed to being cheap throwaways like they are now

3. They were removed from crates, or at least if they were not the only thing that drops.

I think that no. 2 especially is a perfectly reasonable idea, and no.1 is decent too. No. 3 I can't see changing, but I still think it would be a nice touch.

f1reguy #3 Posted 06 May 2019 - 07:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 36128 battles
  • [1914]
...then they put them into a container purchased with gold... objective clear ...

Rinskiev #4 Posted 07 May 2019 - 03:10 AM

Sergeant

• 10875 battles
  • [AUSIE]
they are there to reduce the amount of other good stuff you may get. I would prefer to get from time to time an empty container than the spam of avatars coming in and going out.

__GetFunked__ #5 Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:43 AM

Sergeant

• 4414 battles
  • [GNG]

They are just annoying as hell because when i log in I have to wait 5 minutes for all my notifications of expired avatars to finish before I can do anything. They have also rendered the 'original' crates as pretty useless now too. Its either avatars or credit boosters and I know which id prefer.

That said, I do like the new mission crates as they are quite generous on their rewards.

Also tagged with avatars, containers, gold, yes/no

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users