Suggestion for Curtailing Racial Abuse & Bullying

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Creighton_Abrams #1 Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:19 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24594 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Given that "WoT Blitz" has now had an established Recorder built into it, it should be possible for those on the receiving end of either Targeted Racial abuse or Bullying, to report this to the WG Support team.  

However, to make this more effective, as a deterrent, if the offender is found guilty, then their entire Credits and Gold should be transferred to the effected player. 

As a safe-guard against same real player transfers to themselves, basic information such as source Device Type, ISP IP address, MAC Address could be used, and repeats from the same addresses would result in a warning before a complete ban of the player involved.

anonym_5f2X4rd4HZYj #2 Posted 14 April 2019 - 10:13 PM

Corporal

• 0 battles
Never happen.

TnkCmndrToo #3 Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:21 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5735 battles
  • [FOES]

View PostCaptKangGaroo, on 15 April 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

Never happen.

Sadly this is probably true. It is an interesting idea, but I don't think WG will ever do this.

Rebirth_39 #4 Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:41 AM

Sergeant

• 34935 battles
  • [CATS]

WG barely does anything to deter this stuff happening in games in the first place

Creighton_Abrams #5 Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24594 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

They do, if you contact Support, which can result in a Ban for some players....  So I guess, this would be an interesting thing for them to do.  Would decrease support requirements too.

Clearly, the obvious abuse would be to setup several temporary accounts, and use them to throw abuse at your own, thereby you'd receive all the gold 1200  per account.... :P . hence why I added the bit about IP Address, etc. (but even that's not fool proof). But for sure,  it would catch a lot of those would be armchair abusive players and get them where it hurts most.  A pretty good deterrent to have all your Gold and Credits taken away following verifiable proof.. ... they'd also need to see your side, just in case the complainer had doctored screenshots....

An alternative, variation would be simply to remove all the players Gold and Credits (or maybe a significant portion, say 50%). Ideally pooling them into a monthly lucky draw where one lucky player gets all at random... then as the number of offenses drops so does the payouts per region per month, and that could be promoted as how they've cleaned up the game.

C.A.

PANPAKAPAAAN2427 #6 Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 384 battles
  • [TDAF]
Report it to support and hope the offender gets a permanent chat ban. Maybe throw some credits as compensation for the victim of the offence. 

"Okay, It's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL.  

Leader of the Tea drinkers and Anime fan clan.

Survived two years of Blitz.

BossArdnutz #7 Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 17318 battles
  • [DERPU]
I like it but can't see them implementing it.

AMXCDCBORNTOFLYkamakazie #8 Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:35 PM

Private

• 3134 battles
  • [NUC]
+1

WOT_Losers #9 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:26 PM

Corporal

• 9807 battles
  • [TGF]

Amusing but unrealistic idea, any player can already submit a ticket if they are being harassed in-game. if ur annoyed by a player what makes u entitled to their gold or credits?ur butthurt?

"However, to make this more effective, as a deterrent, if the offender is found guilty, then their entire Credits and Gold should be transferred to the effected player. "

TnkCmndrToo #10 Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:39 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5735 battles
  • [FOES]

View PostWOT_Losers, on 19 April 2019 - 04:26 AM, said:

Amusing but unrealistic idea, any player can already submit a ticket if they are being harassed in-game. if ur annoyed by a player what makes u entitled to their gold or credits?ur butthurt?

"However, to make this more effective, as a deterrent, if the offender is found guilty, then their entire Credits and Gold should be transferred to the effected player. "

Exactly, it deters people from abusing in the first place.

__Noobieman #11 Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:54 AM

Sergeant

• 16983 battles
  • [AVSW]
utopia, will never happen as it cuts into WG player profit margins.

__GetFunked__ #12 Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:14 AM

Sergeant

• 7085 battles
  • [GNG]
Pretty sure it would be illegal too. Taking away 'paid for' gold and giving it to other players will never happen. Instead, simply ban their accounts if they've enough proof of this racial abuse - they wont do that either though.

Fidel_Dionesio #13 Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:33 AM

Sergeant

• 34160 battles
  • [OO8]

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 15 April 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

They do, if you contact Support, which can result in a Ban for some players....  So I guess, this would be an interesting thing for them to do.  Would decrease support requirements too.

Clearly, the obvious abuse would be to setup several temporary accounts, and use them to throw abuse at your own, thereby you'd receive all the gold 1200  per account.... :P . hence why I added the bit about IP Address, etc. (but even that's not fool proof). But for sure,  it would catch a lot of those would be armchair abusive players and get them where it hurts most.  A pretty good deterrent to have all your Gold and Credits taken away following verifiable proof.. ... they'd also need to see your side, just in case the complainer had doctored screenshots....

An alternative, variation would be simply to remove all the players Gold and Credits (or maybe a significant portion, say 50%). Ideally pooling them into a monthly lucky draw where one lucky player gets all at random... then as the number of offenses drops so does the payouts per region per month, and that could be promoted as how they've cleaned up the game.

C.A.

i have experienced many times a bully teammate, and i really hate teammate bully rather hating the bully opponent. actually if a bully is an opponent then that's normal for me and it's just an sport tactic to confused enemies but a bully  teammate must be punished.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users