Jump to content


eSports ? When its Rigged ?


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Creighton_Abrams #1 Posted 13 April 2019 - 03:00 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 24362 battles
  • 699
  • [XYZ_1]
  • Member since:
    11-18-2016

I really don't understand how we can consider this game as being a "sport" let alone an "eSport" when clearly it is subjected to unspecified unbalances - i.e. rigging.

 

As a player of several years now with WG's "Blitz" game. I have absolutely no confidence in their Fairness of play. 

 

I have many cases of where I have seen this unfairness being played out, and should WG ever, attempt to try an enter itself as an Olympic event, I would not be surprised to see  many such as myself, objecting unless certain precautions were taken in advance.

 

In my view, eSports events should have independent code reviews in order to determine impartiality. Just as Athletes have to be subjected to Drugs tests, in the case of eSports providers, the providers themselves need to be subjected to the equivalent - ie code reviews. Anything other than that is like a rigged roulette wheel.

 

And how do you prove otherwise ?

 

C.A.

 


Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 13 April 2019 - 03:00 PM.


erwin10001 #2 Posted 14 April 2019 - 08:02 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 41314 battles
  • 962
  • [NETS]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2016

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 13 April 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

 

 

I have many cases of where I have seen this unfairness being played out, and should WG ever, attempt to try an enter itself as an Olympic event, I would not be surprised to see  many such as myself, objecting unless certain precautions were taken in advance.

 

 

 

I can see the headlines now:  "Wargaming's Olympic Bid derailed by Salty Player!"

 

 



Noobieman #3 Posted 14 April 2019 - 09:02 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 28397 battles
  • 435
  • [AVSW]
  • Member since:
    12-10-2016
If only WG drank tequila instead of vodka, you would only need lemons ..................

ankitgusai19 #4 Posted 14 April 2019 - 11:50 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 50021 battles
  • 670
  • [SMRT]
  • Member since:
    06-01-2015

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 13 April 2019 - 08:30 PM, said:

I really don't understand how we can consider this game as being a "sport" let alone an "eSport" when clearly it is subjected to unspecified unbalances - i.e. rigging.

 

As a player of several years now with WG's "Blitz" game. I have absolutely no confidence in their Fairness of play. 

 

I have many cases of where I have seen this unfairness being played out, and should WG ever, attempt to try an enter itself as an Olympic event, I would not be surprised to see  many such as myself, objecting unless certain precautions were taken in advance.

 

In my view, eSports events should have independent code reviews in order to determine impartiality. Just as Athletes have to be subjected to Drugs tests, in the case of eSports providers, the providers themselves need to be subjected to the equivalent - ie code reviews. Anything other than that is like a rigged roulette wheel.

 

And how do you prove otherwise ?

 

C.A.

 

 

Well, the Olympic is a different thing all together, e-sport is a very loose term. It is a sport because two sets of players are involved in a privately organised digital competition.

 

For fairness, this is their game, they wholly fund it. Why would anyone have a say in fairness in it even if it is rigged. For example, say you have a bunch of kids from your neighbourhood playing with your kid in your house with some expensive toy and you don't want them to ruin the toy so you take it. Would your neighbours lodge a complain for independent code review of your 'home's policy' for it being unfair?   
 

It does not matter what kind if system they have in place as long as they are the owner of it.  And if it helps e-sports does not qualify for Olympics by definition so there is that.


Edited by ankitgusai19, 14 April 2019 - 11:53 AM.


Creighton_Abrams #5 Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:12 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 24362 battles
  • 699
  • [XYZ_1]
  • Member since:
    11-18-2016

Well I'm glad you agree to the worthiness of the "e-Sports" categorization as used by WG.  As @ankitgusai19 rightly says, it's their game, and they can rig it how they like.  I think new players, should understand this, and not be discouraged, just enjoy the game and not be put off by those who "brag" about how "Great" they are.... 

 

Commercially - "WG" needs non-paying players to act as cannon-fodder to those who pay, to sell those paying players even more expensive tanks with the "promise" of winning... so from a non-paying players perspective, you have little choice.  if you understand that fact, then you should not be too disheartened by loosing a lot. 

 

Where WG does fail, is the fact that they do not currently, take the "Racial" or "Bullying" that goes on seriously, though with the introduction of recorded games, it should now be possible for effected players to properly report this.

 

My suggestion to curtail this, is to where proven, to transfer the offenders Credits and Gold in total, to the player on the receiving end of such abuse.  This, should, WG do so, would pretty much put an end pretty quickly to such incidents.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



erwin10001 #6 Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:54 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 41314 battles
  • 962
  • [NETS]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2016

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 14 April 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

Well I'm glad you agree to the worthiness of the "e-Sports" categorization as used by WG.  As @ankitgusai19 rightly says, it's their game, and they can rig it how they like.  I think new players, should understand this, and not be discouraged, just enjoy the game and not be put off by those who "brag" about how "Great" they are.... 

 

Commercially - "WG" needs non-paying players to act as cannon-fodder to those who pay, to sell those paying players even more expensive tanks with the "promise" of winning... so from a non-paying players perspective, you have little choice.  if you understand that fact, then you should not be too disheartened by loosing a lot. 

 

Where WG does fail, is the fact that they do not currently, take the "Racial" or "Bullying" that goes on seriously, though with the introduction of recorded games, it should now be possible for effected players to properly report this.

 

My suggestion to curtail this, is to where proven, to transfer the offenders Credits and Gold in total, to the player on the receiving end of such abuse.  This, should, WG do so, would pretty much put an end pretty quickly to such incidents.  

 

 

 

I think that WG should take action against players who claim that the game is rigged to favour paying players without any proof. They should transfer the credits and gold of these players to Free to play players!

 



Creighton_Abrams #7 Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:47 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 24362 battles
  • 699
  • [XYZ_1]
  • Member since:
    11-18-2016

I have proof, so bring it on.  Want to crowd fund a legal case ? 

 

BTW.  I am also a Developer of 30+ Years in the business - (Unity incl.) - so, were I to be called upon to do a Code review for WG's admission to  an "Official Olympic gaming" event  - I'd be more than a happy to participate. 

 

My main point is, that to ensure "fairness" of the gameplay in such events, the otherwise "Corporate need to make money" needs to be put aside, which I "suspect" based off current game-play, is not happening. Which would thus defeat the experience of one team being Championed over another...as it would like, the normal game-play, be....rigged.

 

 


Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 17 April 2019 - 05:58 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users