BlitzTankStats - stats and challenge website

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

BlitzTankStats #1 Posted 07 April 2019 - 05:29 PM

Corporal

• 1903 battles

Hi all,  Just wanted to share with you the details of a new stats website for blitz that i have been working on.  It's still early days and in beta testing, but i would welcome any feedback on what i have so far.

http://www.blitztankstats.com

The site has basic blitz stats at the moment, but also includes a challenge section, that allows you to take part in knockout style challenges against other blitz players.

All feedback welcome - good or bad !

What are Challenges?

Challenges are simple knock out tournaments that allow you to compete with other blitz players to prove your skill on the battlefield.

They can be set for a particular tank (eg KV-2), or for a type of tank on a given tier (eg Tier 6 Light) which will allow the player to choose their favourite tank for that tier and type.

A challenge also has a set of entry criteria, that determine whether you can see them on your challenge page. Entry criteria can be based on a minimum number of battles played, minimum / maximum winrate, and can be restricted to certain clan membership. A challenge is defined for a number of rounds between 1 and 5, where 1 is a two player match and 5 is for 32 players.

Challenge Modes

Each challenge has one of the following modes, which determines the conditions for victory.

Reaper
The player with the highest kill count wins over the total number of battles. After all battles are complete, if kills are tied, total damage for all battles decides the winner.
SpotKill
The player with the highest spot + kill count wins. Spots score one and kills score two. After all battles are complete if the scores are level then total damage decides the winner.
SharpShooter
The player with the highest hitrate wins. For equal hitrate, the highest number of shots wins. If still equal, highest damage decides the winner.
Damage
The player with the highest damage for each battle wins that battle. For equal scores, Kills, then Hitrate, then XP for the battle is used to decide the winner.
TotalDamage
The player with the highest overall damage after all battles wins. For equal damage, then overall XP is used to decide the winner.
AllRounder
The players must play in one tank of each type for that tier. Overall damage for all battles decides the winner.

2021864484.png

CaptWombat #2 Posted 08 April 2019 - 01:07 AM

First Lieutenant

• 40012 battles
  • [DUFUS]
I like your site in the way it offers some different elements to Blitzstars.

Keep working on being different and you will find your market. Also think about the presentation, I know it is early days but start to map out how you can get it looking a bit more professional.

Keep it up!

I will be using it.

Gentleman Tanker.

TnkCmndrToo #3 Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:15 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5874 battles
  • [FOES]

View PostTheCapt, on 08 April 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

I like your site in the way it offers some different elements to Blitzstars.

Keep working on being different and you will find your market. Also think about the presentation, I know it is early days but start to map out how you can get it looking a bit more professional.

Keep it up!

I will be using it.

I second his points, and will also be visiting it in the future :)

Lord_Melchett #4 Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• 41287 battles
  • [1914]
Interesting site.  I agree with The Capt's comments.  I like the page that shows all your tanks on one page, with the medals and masteries for each. Collecting that on on page is so much better than trying to find out ingame or the Assistant the answers to questions like "now which tank did I get the Langlade's medal in, again?".  For the record, it was the KV1...

Edited by Lord_Melchett, 09 April 2019 - 10:36 AM.

BlitzTankStats #5 Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:47 PM

Corporal

• 1903 battles

Hey, glad you like it, I kind of made it as a replacement for wotbstars when that closed and took the initial screen layout from that.  Relaying out the screens is on the list of things to do, along with lots of other stuff!

Thanks for the feedback though, much appreciated.

2021864484.png

Cugologist #6 Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:21 AM

Sergeant

• 34129 battles
  • [DERPU]

I like it. Lots of info, easy to find. Maybe needs some polish, but maybe more user friendliness before polish.

A couple of things I'd like to see though...

The medals page, if you could hover over the medal and see what it is and what it means that'd be helpful.

'Hover to tell' would also be good for the colours of 'stuff' in the tables.

The 'rare medals', maybe how many are out there or who's got them? Had to look up Langlade medal...

Ability to click on something, say a tank, and have only it's info listed. Maybe comparative to the global average to see if you really are 'good' in it or not, helpful if you've got a pesky mission to get done and can't pick the best tank you have to get it done. That said, I guess if I have a mastery medal to complete a mission, I should be using a T9 tank, which I learned from your site. :D

Mostly user friendly stuff, not essential, just a wish list. :)

So far, looking pretty useful.

BlitzTankStats #7 Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:27 PM

Corporal

• 1903 battles
Hi Cugologist, I really like some of your suggestions and they should be easy to implement, well certainly the tooltip ones anyhow.

The rare medals would be something new too, and I can achieve this without too much work also!  Would be interesting to see too.

I also have a best on server list for tanks under development too, so this will give you an indication of where your skill levels are too, as part of this I am getting an average for the tanks so should be able to do a compare to average screen.

Thanks for the great ideas though, just the kind of feedback I am looking for.
2021864484.png

Cugologist #8 Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:08 AM

Sergeant

• 34129 battles
  • [DERPU]

Just thinking about it, the compare to average is similar to what Blitzstars does, and it's useful there too although I sense that something is 'lacking' in the data somehow.

Maybe it's because it's a compare to average, then you get a list of 'the best' but there's no real sense of how that compares to what the current average is.

Case in point, a tank that gets recently buffed is dead easy to Mastery for a day or three, then as the bar is raised it becomes a nightmare. I've also racked up masteries that I didn't think I really earned and 1st class or 2nd class that really should have been 'gold M' stuff, but denied. It'd be nice to know how far away the bar actually was in those cases if it's possible.

I've missed out on what should have been masteries, but on occasion also pushed the bar higher.

I can get a glimpse of this from my own data, but it's only because I played the battles and know where to look. E.g; my recent T-62a stats show I had a 'decent' day on Mar. 26, which was 2 battles with a slight carry mastery and a farm mastery. Next day, and the following 2 weeks, disaster with slow recovery. Obviously I'm getting stuck with potatoes in retaliation for what was allowed on Mar. 26 and it's only just now getting back to normal again.

I don't know, but giving useful information in an easy to digest form isn't only useful to us tragics who care, but the new player who hasn't worked it out yet would be able to make real use of the info if it was easy to show them what's going on. Problem is I wouldn't know where to start to suggest how this might be done...

BlitzTankStats #9 Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:35 AM

Corporal

• 1903 battles

Yes i like the idea of a guide to the sort of XP that is required for a Golden M, it should be fairly easy to do also, as i can just get the last 7 days of stats for a given tank, and look at the range of XP that was achieved in the battles.

It would only be from player who are active on the site, but would be better than no info at all.

It's now on the todo list !

2021864484.png

BlitzTankStats #10 Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:06 PM

Corporal

• 1903 battles
I've added the medals descriptions now - will have a look at doing a most rare medals display next, will be interesting to see what the results are
2021864484.png

BlitzTankStats #11 Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:47 PM

Corporal

• 1903 battles

Hi all, another release has gone out today, I've added the ability to view stats for battles that received a mastery medal, with the idea being that we can use this as a guide to what is required to get the desired medal.

To use this, you can go to the mastery screen, and click on the tank in the grid that you want to see the medal winning battles for.  This throws up a popup showing any matching battles from the database.

I only added the medal tracking code a couple of weeks ago, so not all tanks have medal data - but some do.  hopefully this will become more populated as the site ticks along.

Any questions / feedback as always let me know.

2021864484.png

BlitzTankStats #12 Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:30 PM

Corporal

• 1903 battles

I added a new Tanks section last night, that allow you to compare stats for users registered on the server with > 1000 battles, or 100 battles for a particular tank.

I'll be expanding this to include medals at some time too, so we can see who has the most medals overall, or for each tank.

I will add a sticky row for your own user at some point, that shows where you are in the list (if you aren't on the current screen) but thought it was worth pushing out as it was.

2021864484.png

BlitzTankStats #13 Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:17 AM

Corporal

• 1903 battles

Did another update this morning, have added a new popular tanks page, that shows the number of battles played for each tank over the last 7 days.

The page is available under the tanks section, where i now have a tabbed display for Tank Stats, and Popular Tanks.

Thought it might be interesting to see.  Happy tanking.

If you have any ideas for other tank based stats data, let me know !

2021864484.png

ankitgusai19 #14 Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• 55262 battles
  • [SMRT]

View PostBlitzTankStats, on 25 May 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

Did another update this morning, have added a new popular tanks page, that shows the number of battles played for each tank over the last 7 days.

The page is available under the tanks section, where i now have a tabbed display for Tank Stats, and Popular Tanks.

Thought it might be interesting to see.  Happy tanking.

If you have any ideas for other tank based stats data, let me know !

I think your site would get much more traction if you join blitz official discord server. It is a one discord server for all blitz servers and the devs are also active there.

BlitzTankStats #15 Posted 26 May 2019 - 04:20 PM

Corporal

• 1903 battles

View Postankitgusai19, on 25 May 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

I think your site would get much more traction if you join blitz official discord server. It is a one discord server for all blitz servers and the devs are also active there.

i am already on the official discord server, although there is no channel for posting about sites like mine - as i would put a post on there, but it would disappear in minutes on most of the channels
2021864484.png

ankitgusai19 #16 Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:36 PM

First Lieutenant

• 55262 battles
  • [SMRT]

View PostBlitzTankStats, on 26 May 2019 - 09:50 PM, said:

i am already on the official discord server, although there is no channel for posting about sites like mine - as i would put a post on there, but it would disappear in minutes on most of the channels

Well that is true, although I think you can try telling at least Uchiha_Itachi_1#7759 and Amaunet85#6770. One has significant footprint on blitzpost and other is a moderator/youttuber. 
Our post may not last longer but they are active a lot there and if they can recommend your site then that will definitely have an impact traffic on your site.

Edited by ankitgusai19, 26 May 2019 - 05:37 PM.

BlitzTankStats #17 Posted 27 May 2019 - 12:32 PM

Corporal

• 1903 battles

Ok, another update has gone out just now, to add a medal stats page under the tanks section.

See who has the biggest medal haul, avg medals, etc

2021864484.png

TnkDztroyer #18 Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:39 AM

Captain

• 10 battles

View PostBlitzTankStats, on 08 April 2019 - 03:29 AM, said:

Hi all,  Just wanted to share with you the details of a new stats website for blitz that i have been working on.  It's still early days and in beta testing, but i would welcome any feedback on what i have so far.

http://www.blitztankstats.com

It's great! Keep developing it, as others have said.

Greens 0 / Reds 7 situation normal..  

BlitzTankStats #19 Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:59 PM

Corporal

• 1903 battles

messed up that last release, which means tank stats for the last couple of days are missing from your history.

overall history graphs will be correct, but individual tank stats were not being loaded, so apologies for that.

2021864484.png

BlitzTankStats #20 Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:09 PM

Corporal

• 1903 battles

Hi all,

Added a new Signature feature to create sigs from your stats - its available from the account screen, click the man icon next to your username when you are logged in, and choose Account.

2021864484.png

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users