AntiVirus Blitz Avast

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Creighton_Abrams #1 Posted 18 March 2019 - 05:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24764 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Hello,

I've finally given up on Avast for my WIndows 10 PC, Its continually interfered with my PC performance during games, and actually as a result destroyed my mouse, so I have uninstalled this AV provider. If you have it too, then I suggest you be cautious too about it.

All the best,

C.A.

Jeffgoal2004 #2 Posted 05 April 2020 - 03:04 AM

Private

• 4996 battles
  • [STRES]

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 18 March 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

Hello,

I've finally given up on Avast for my WIndows 10 PC, Its continually interfered with my PC performance during games, and actually as a result destroyed my mouse, so I have uninstalled this AV provider. If you have it too, then I suggest you be cautious too about it.

All the best,

C.A.

Yup, I uninstalled Avast a year ago due to the lack of gaming performance on my computer. The frame rate would always drop from 60 to 30 within seconds with frequent freezes during battles. The best anti-virus, for now, is probably the integrated Windows Security. While it's security might not be better than Avast or AVG, I can assure it does not interfere with your experience a lot like those 3rd party software. 

__iTATi__ #3 Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles
  • [ABOTS]

Yup, I used to be a big fan of Avast and it was always my number one install on new devices/computers. It has become a huge resource hog in recent years though. That and the constant ads to purchase their other useless apps. 

Stick to default security on Windows - I even turn these off. As long as you are not going to dodgy 'adult' websites, falling for spam emails with links in or just randomly clicking all over the net and practise common sense when online, you really do not have to worry about viruses and the like.

I literally only play tanks on that device anyway and do nothing else with it, so I turn off all the bloatware, uninstall everything that I can and shut down as many background services as possible. Gives me solid ping at 30-60 and my FPS never drops below 60 on my 42" TV.

Cyril_Roy #4 Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 13035 battles
  • [WART]

View Post__iTATi__, on 14 May 2020 - 05:24 PM, said:

Yup, I used to be a big fan of Avast and it was always my number one install on new devices/computers. It has become a huge resource hog in recent years though. That and the constant ads to purchase their other useless apps. 

Stick to default security on Windows - I even turn these off. As long as you are not going to dodgy 'adult' websites, falling for spam emails with links in or just randomly clicking all over the net and practise common sense when online, you really do not have to worry about viruses and the like.

I literally only play tanks on that device anyway and do nothing else with it, so I turn off all the bloatware, uninstall everything that I can and shut down as many background services as possible. Gives me solid ping at 30-60 and my FPS never drops below 60 on my 42" TV.

Must be nice to play on 42" screen.i play with an ipad but my eyes arent getting any better so big screen would help for sure.i couldnt play on a phone that s for sure

Edited by Cyril_Roy, 24 May 2020 - 12:22 PM.

__iTATi__ #5 Posted 27 May 2020 - 09:25 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles
  • [ABOTS]

View PostCyril_Roy, on 24 May 2020 - 12:21 PM, said:

Must be nice to play on 42" screen.i play with an ipad but my eyes arent getting any better so big screen would help for sure.i couldnt play on a phone that s for sure

Yeah it is. Dont even need a high-end PC. Mouse, keyboard, 42 inch screen and the drink of choice makes for a fun night. The drinks are only on the weekends though (need them to help deal with the awful weekend teams).

Also tagged with AntiVirus, Blitz, Avast

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users